No room cleaning?

How much "cleaning" are you expecting? If you want to base your vacation on if they are making your bed every day, that is your business. But, the changes due to covid have been in effect for many months.

I know they are cleaning staterooms on DCL, but I do not know about the others you listed.

Personally, we tidy up the bed/room and they take the garbage most every day. As long as we have clean towels (they will usually take the dirty towels if they are on the floor of the shower/bathtub when they get the garbage) then we are good to go.

I am not sure if they are doing a full service room clean on the CL rooms everyday.
Come on if Universal can!

I know I'm totally in the minority but I LOVE it. We prefer not having people in our room and we aren't messy.
I can understand that sometimes, like back when we had little kids, but if the “room occupied” worked… security checked on us twice today in a tem minute span, so no privacy.

I can understand that sometimes, like back when we had little kids, but if the “room occupied” worked… security checked on us twice today in a tem minute span, so no privacy.
I am not referring to the security checks. I'm referring ONLY to the lack of mousekeeping/room cleaning. I don't need someone coming to make my bed and clean my room every day.

To me, the lack of full housekeeping is an intentional, disappointing money grab by Disney. We went to Hawaii in August and had twice daily full housekeeping. I have asked for full housekeeping in October when we stayed at the DLH and again in December when we stayed at the BC. They did it but it was not without a serious hassle factor each day. I blame Disney management; the is NOT a COVID safety issue. It is a money issue. If it is not safe for their housekeeping folks to clean my room when I am not even in the room, how is it safe for me and their CMs to be in their theme park, indoor restaurants, etc, all day?? CHEAP. That is it. I hope more people kindly ask at check in for full housekeeping and quit accepting terrible service at “deluxe“ prices. Other hotels that charge much less are doing housekeeping. Please speak up if you want it back!

How much "cleaning" are you expecting? If you want to base your vacation on if they are making your bed every day, that is your business. But, the changes due to covid have been in effect for many months.

I know they are cleaning staterooms on DCL, but I do not know about the others you listed.

Personally, we tidy up the bed/room and they take the garbage most every day. As long as we have clean towels (they will usually take the dirty towels if they are on the floor of the shower/bathtub when they get the garbage) then we are good to go.

I am not sure if they are doing a full service room clean on the CL rooms everyday.

When most people pay more than $300/night they should ‘expect’ a clean room everyday. Hotels are used by hundreds of different people each year, unlike your home, and need to be kept especially clean, especially during a pandemic. It’s gross letting dirt and sweat from towels and clothes lay on floors and carpets without a vacuum or mopping for up to 10 days??

We asked for a bed change at the GF due to a kid issue, and found unfolded sheets on the floor outside our door. Outrageous.

Many people probably aren’t as tidy as you are.
It’s time to expect more for our money and loyalty.

I think expectations on this depends where you are (in the US). No housekeeping is definitely still the norm in the northeast. We've stayed in hotels in 4 different states in the past year, no regular housekeeping in any of them.
We've had two hotel stays in the NW first one no housekeeping but that was summer of 2020. Second summer 2021 had full housekeeping. Our October trip to Hawaii, two islands and two different hotels had full house keeping each day. A while back I compared some # based on Orland vs Maui and came away thinking if Maui can do it Orlando should be as well... my guess is the difference is Disney management and trying to save $ vs providing customer service. Both locations are heavy tourist destinations but it did appear that Hawaii hotels were paying more for housekeeping. Just my observations, nothing scientific.

Not only is Universal doing it... I was staying at their absolute cheapest value property (Dockside Inn & Suites) paying $100 a night and not just getting housekeeping daily but I'd had the Do Not Disturb sign as I was working from the room and wanted to avoid interruption during Zoom meetings. So instead, I get a text message to my phone asking if I need anything -- extra towels? More shampoo? I responded saying I actually do need some towel & trash removal and they sent housekeeping right away. I stepped out and they had actually done a full cleaning. WHAT!

Meanwhile, I did a split stay at Disney last week at two resorts and the only time Disney wanted to clean my room was at 8:30am on both checkout days when they started knocking.

The last few trips, our room was not ready until well after 4. IDK what is going on with that and if it is really a housekeeping issue but they always seem to say that it has not been cleaned yet. If they are really that short staffed, and they went back to regular cleaning, how will that affect rooms at check in. Personally, I rather get into my room faster then have some in and wipe down the counters. I really don't see this as an "I am paying a lot of money for the room" type of issue since you can be staying at a Motel 6 at $59/night and still have housekeeping. What amount of money does everyone think is going to having your bed made? I think that if it is a service that you want, then you should be able to get it and the rest of us that don't want it should opt out. But if everyone feels that it is something that you pay for, then the rest of us who opt out should get a discount. That sounds fair to me.

We stayed at the Renaissance by sea world 2 weeks ago and received full housekeeping. (They did a fantastic job too)
Now remember, Disney started adding a charge for parking at the resorts because other area hotels were doing it. should we tell them area hotels have brought back full cleaning?

So, they should make housekeeping optional, go back to giving gift cards for opting out.

Oh absolutely. And I'm DVC so I don't even "normally" get a daily cleaning. Heck, there were times pre-pandemic I didn't even get a cleaning that we were supposed to get on the longer stays.

I'm with you. We have always declined maid service. I know they still make "security checks" which are fine by me, but I'm particular and don't like my things being moved around.
Yep, me too. I always decline maid service if offered. I hang my towels up after I use them and just drop my trash in a can on the way out of the room if it's full, which it rarely is. I don't move around in my bed a lot so sometimes you can't even tell someone has slept in it. I don't like clutter in my room so picking up after myself is just what I do. I actually got upset at the Dolphin last April because they told me at check in there would be no housekeeping and I told them good. Then on day two, they had been in my room and made the bed and changed the towels, etc. My towels didn't need changing as they were hung up, there was maybe one water bottle and one used coffee pack in my trash. I did appreciate them restocking the water (you get two free water bottles every day for your "resort fee" there). I don't use the coffee the provide there since it's Starbucks and I don't like it, I bring my own little packs. I even reuse the to go coffee cups unless I take them with me in the morning, I just rinse them out when I'm done because it's such a waste to throw them away every time.

We keep our house clean, vacuum every couple of days, clean the toilets, clean surfaces, dust. If your not into that, that’s your choice, but why do you think that if you don’t like clean rooms even every other day that everyone should. My question wasn’t “do you like it” or “what’s your opinion” it is what are the other resorts or Disney Cruise Ships doing.

Just stayed in Palm Desert last weekend on the west coast. Loved the daily housekeeping so it has returned out west as well. It’s absolutely ridiculous that Disney isn’t providing it. Housekeeping in Oregon last fall. Housekeeping in Mississippi. Disney is just being cheap.

Last edited:
Hence is why I refuse to spend rack rate and pay $800 a night for the Poly. If I'm spending that money, I'll go to Four Seasons where my bed will be made twice a day and I'll have all the bells and whistles. It's bad enough having to spend $500 a night to have sheets and towels thrown on your bed. To the previous poster's statement, it's all about being cheap. It has nothing to do with protecting staff and guests....If we're in the parks and restaurants all day long on top of one another, why would it matter for one person to come into my room when nobody is there to make a bed. Doesn't make sense.

When most people pay more than $300/night they should ‘expect’ a clean room everyday. Hotels are used by hundreds of different people each year, unlike your home, and need to be kept especially clean, especially during a pandemic. It’s gross letting dirt and sweat from towels and clothes lay on floors and carpets without a vacuum or mopping for up to 10 days??

We asked for a bed change at the GF due to a kid issue, and found unfolded sheets on the floor outside our door. Outrageous.

Many people probably aren’t as tidy as you are.
It’s time to expect more for our money and loyalty.
We definitely spend more than $300/night at WDW unless we are using our DVC. I know times are different right now and hopefully will be back to normal soon. But, for now daily housekeeping is not offered.

I do think the sheets outside your door is ridiculous and they should have had someone make up the bed for you. That is unacceptable.

We stayed at the Grand Californian CL in August and they made our room up daily and still did turndown service. I believe they are doing daily full housekeeping at (all?) CL rooms on property in DW. I have an upcoming stay at AKL CL and am truly hoping for it.
My husband is the type of person who destroys the tucked in nature of a hotel bed within 5 minutes of falling asleep. After a long hot day at the parks, it's nice to come back to a remade bed without me having to struggle to do it the "hotel" way. At home we use a fitted sheet and our duvet is easily pulled back in place without special folds and blankets wrapped inside sheets. It's not a huge thing, but our 8 night stay (cash) at Riviera was disappointing that the beds weren't made a single time.
I go on vacation to not have to do chores I do at home, and get the luxury of clean towels without me having to wash them daily. :)

The only thing we didn't have was turndown service-- which I miss. I agree, I don't want to do chores on vacation. It's nice to have someone else take them over for awhile :-)

count me into the camp of i LOVE coming back to a room with my bed made..nice crisp and clean.

There is no CDC or WHO or any other health agency guidance saying that there is ANY risk of doing housekeeping work. These workers are wearing a mask, which is better than me going to the supermarket and buying a box of cereal which has been touched by others and breathed on by others. Lets be clear, this has nothing to do with guest or cast member safety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter