No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

Cute bathing suits! I love tankini's for myself, for the same reasons that you love them for your DD. Of course, I always get the skirted bottom!

I adore that towel, gotta check out my WM next time I go.

Yes, that is why I want to wait for 2013. But I did forget about that minor detail of the world ending before then. :rolleyes: Perhaps I should move it up! :laughing:

I have been reading Sheree's TR and loving it, I'm sure I will have a ton of questions for both of you before I start planning. :goodvibes

Aw, thanks for the shopping updates. :hug: Can't wait for more!

Well, don't be too discouraged about learning what you need to know about DCL. I didn't know anything either, but I think it was a lot less info to absorb than when I started learning about WDW. There's a lot of good info on the DCL website too. The best advice I can give you right now is to book the cruise as soon as your dates come available, which I think is 18 months out. I know that seems way too early, but the longer you wait, the more it will cost you.

I got that towel for Bella for her birthday. I couldn't pass up a Disney item that jumped out and grabbed me on a regular shopping excursion.

Nice deals on all of your swimwear. It's all very cute. As much as I would love an early morning swim or a late night swim, I have not dared to wear a bathing suit in ages.

Come on now! If I can wear a bathing suit, I know you can! I hate the way I look in a bathing suit. I hate being overweight. I hate how I look in regular clothes. But, I refuse to miss out on anything that I want to do in life because of what someone else may think. Now, if you just don't like swimming, then that's one thing, but I hope you aren't saying that because you don't like how you look in a swimsuit. Is there any woman who likes how they look in swimwear? I don't know any. And besides, I think you are perfectly beautiful just the way you are! :)

Luvin the towel.

I thought it was pretty neat too! :)

Cute bathing suits! I love tankini's for myself, for the same reasons that you love them for your DD. Of course, I always get the skirted bottom!

I adore that towel, gotta check out my WM next time I go.

I wish I could wear a tankini, but I just can't. As I told Sheree, I need more coverage. The swim dress (aka granny suit) is the only thing I feel comfortable in. :rolleyes: Well, as comfortable as I can possibly feel anyway.

I loved that towel too! I was surprised to find something that cute at WM.

I'm joining in! Love the beach towel - my DD would love that! Cute bathing suits too and what a steal!

I'm joining in! Love the beach towel - my DD would love that! Cute bathing suits too and what a steal!

Welcome!!! I'm so glad to have you! I read your last TR and remember how gorgeous your pictures were! I love photography (although I'm not nearly as good at it as you are) so I really enjoyed seeing your pictures!

I'm really trying to let go of my inner commando! It's hard though!

Thanks for tips on the sea sickness. I'm probably going to do all of that and more! I may take some Ginger Ale too. That has always helped me too. I just hope we don't need it. I have a feeling we will though because I get car sick when I ride in the back seat or if I try to read in the car. And I have a lot of problems with my inner ears. If I were to get on the tea cups at MK, I'd be sick all day! So I'm expecting to need something and I WILL be prepared!

!

I get car sick too and can't read as well. I did Ok, so you should be pretty ok too. But I'm with you, be prepared.
Love all the shopping items. I love the UPS or when the mailman honks...which means a box as well! I'm trying to stay away fro mall shopping now though. I need to start saving instead of spending.

Welcome!!! I'm so glad to have you! I read your last TR and remember how gorgeous your pictures were! I love photography (although I'm not nearly as good at it as you are) so I really enjoyed seeing your pictures!

Awww... thank you!! :goodvibes I'm trying to save up for a new camera, but it always seems that when I'm close there is a huge expense for my business and well, that takes priority to the camera.

We are planning a trip for late Nov/early Dec this year!

I get car sick too and can't read as well. I did Ok, so you should be pretty ok too. But I'm with you, be prepared.
Love all the shopping items. I love the UPS or when the mailman honks...which means a box as well! I'm trying to stay away fro mall shopping now though. I need to start saving instead of spending.

Well that's good to hear. Maybe we won't get sick after all. I do worry a little about the seas being more rough in Oct. since it is still hurricane season. We have actually had either a cat. 1 hurricane or a tropical storm right off the coast of Florida both years that we went to WDW in early November! I'm hoping that will change this year.

I need to be saving too for tips and a few other things. I have a couple more things to buy for the trip and then it's penny pinching time again!

Awww... thank you!! :goodvibes I'm trying to save up for a new camera, but it always seems that when I'm close there is a huge expense for my business and well, that takes priority to the camera.

We are planning a trip for late Nov/early Dec this year!

Well the camera you have must be nice because your pictures are wonderful. I am tempted to buy a new camera every few years too though because they keep making them so much nicer each year.

Yay for a Nov/Dec trip! That is my absolute favorite time to go to WDW. You just can't beat Disney at Christmas! We have been twice in early November and got to enjoy all of it! :santa: :love:

Hi Rinky! I am sorry that I am late.:flower3: I have a semi-good excuse though since we just returned from Disney.:goodvibes

Loving your plans so far!

Hey there Stacy! I'm so glad you found me! And you are not late at all, although that is a VERY good excuse if you had been! :)

I noticed your ticker and it looks like we will probably miss each other by just a few days in October. :sad2: For some reason your cruise ticker is cut off on the bottom (on my screen anyway) and I can't see the dates. When are you guys going on your cruise and which one are you doing?

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! We went swimming early in the day and then had a cookout at our house with my parents. It was quiet and nice.

39f1ef74.jpg

728f7a12.jpg

We also took some time to do a mini makeover of DD’s room. She has an “under the sea” themed bedroom. We got her a new bedding set and a new bookcase to display all her stuffed friends from WDW. She’s very excited about her “new” room.

b1219da7.jpg

3a26940d.jpg

7bf2a6d7.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s now time to talk about the worst part of any trip… the actual travel part of traveling. I don’t know about the rest of you, but this is when I wish I was Dorothy and could click my heels and instantly be there! I always tell people that I love to travel, but that is really a lie. I HATE to travel, I love to vacation!

If you read my last TR, you know that I am not a fan of flying. :guilty: In fact, that was my very first flight and I did not enjoy it. I liked getting to Orlando in a little over an hour, but that was the extent of it. Well, believe it or not, I was actually willing to fly again, for my DH. He hates driving as much as I hate flying because he logs a lot of miles for his job. He is pretty much in his car all day, every day, so the thought of a 10 hour drive both ways does not appeal to him at all. And it is his vacation too….

We decided that we would price out both options and go from there. It didn’t take long for us to see that driving was the way to go, economically speaking anyway. We can get round trip tickets on SW for about $200 per person right now. That’s really not all that bad, but when you add in all the other costs associated with flying, it starts to really rack up. Neither of us felt comfortable flying in on the departure day of our cruise, because if something goes wrong or there is a delay…. guess what…. the ship sails off to paradise WITHOUT you and takes ALL of your booty with it! pirate: And let me clarify that it is nonrefundable booty at that point! :eek: That meant we would have to fly in the night before and get a room at the port…. an additional cost. That would also mean a rental car or a DCL bus transfer to the port… more cost. We would also need another transfer to WDW after the cruise…. even more cost. Are you sensing a pattern here? :rolleyes: DH and I just decided that since we already had more money invested in this trip than our previous trips (because of the cruise), that we would just suck it up and drive.

But what really sealed the deal on driving was the fact that it is basically FREE! Yep, that’s my favorite price too! :thumbsup2 Because my DH has to drive so much for his job, he has a company car. We pay a small surcharge each month for unlimited personal use, including gas. Basically the only cost involved in driving is a few fast food meals on the road. That pretty much made it a no brainer. :idea: I may regret it by the time I hit Georgia and I have been trapped in the car for hours on end hearing “How much longer?” bellowing from the back seat, but FOR NOW, that is the plan. Remember my disclaimer though! Everything is subject to change!

This is what we did to the company car the last time we drove in 2008!

BG.jpg

Some of that window paint never did come off! :rolleyes1

a.jpg

Our plan is to pick DD up from school the day before the cruise and head straight on out from there. We are going to stop in Jacksonville, FL for the night and stay for free on some Hilton points that DH has accumulated from his business travels.

83bea398.jpg

Then, the following morning we will finish the drive to the port, after having a nice, hot, free (there’s that awesome word again!:woohoo:) breakfast courtesy of the Hampton. The remaining drive to the cruise terminal should take about another 2.5 to 3 hours. We should arrive well before noon, and for lunch that day…. I think we’ll all have a cheeseburger in paradise! :boat:

Up next…. Perfect plans for paradise!

I think your plan sounds great! Especially the FREE stuff!!

Of course, a 10 hour drive to me sounds pretty good (it's 24 for us!). I totally get the cost breakdowns - air travel has so many hidden costs it really adds up!

I always try to get to the cruise the day before because we mostly travel in winter (weather issues abound!). I just read that the port isn't going to be open until 11 a.m. now, so you should be fine!! I'm so excited for you! I hope you do a TR, because I will be in serious WDW withdrawal by winter time and need to live vicariously through your trip!

Oh - and your DD looks so cute and patriotic! Her room is SO NEAT AND TIDY!!!! How is that possible? It never seems to happen at our house. I like that bedding - very cute and bright.

Your DD's room is very cool! :goodvibes

The travel plans sound great! :thumbsup2 I would definitely drive if we were within 10 hours of WDW! But the 19-20 hours from here just isn't going to happen. :scared1:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans. :yay:

I think your plan sounds great! Especially the FREE stuff!!

Of course, a 10 hour drive to me sounds pretty good (it's 24 for us!). I totally get the cost breakdowns - air travel has so many hidden costs it really adds up!

I have no idea how you do 24 hours in the car! That is mind boggling to me! :eek:

I always try to get to the cruise the day before because we mostly travel in winter (weather issues abound!). I just read that the port isn't going to be open until 11 a.m. now, so you should be fine!! I'm so excited for you! I hope you do a TR, because I will be in serious WDW withdrawal by winter time and need to live vicariously through your trip!

I read that about the port too. I hope that doesn't mean that we will have to board later also. I want to get on quick and hit the pool!

I'm pretty sure I will do a TR. I have to have something to keep it going between trips or I get those same withdrawals!

Oh - and your DD looks so cute and patriotic! Her room is SO NEAT AND TIDY!!!! How is that possible? It never seems to happen at our house. I like that bedding - very cute and bright.

I may have failed to mention that I spent about 10 hours cleaning out her room last Saturday! :scared1: I am NOT kidding! Granted, some of that time was spent packing away clothes, shoes, and toys that she has outgrown, but a large chunk of it was from way overdue spring cleaning! So in all honesty, it does not normally look that neat. That's why I took pictures.... I had to catch it in a rare moment of cleanliness! :laughing:

Your DD's room is very cool! :goodvibes

The travel plans sound great! :thumbsup2 I would definitely drive if we were within 10 hours of WDW! But the 19-20 hours from here just isn't going to happen. :scared1:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans. :yay:

Thanks! Can you tell she likes bright colors? :lmao:

19-20 hours would not be an option for me either. I would go nuts sitting in the car that long. And I get motion sick if I try to read or do anything like that in a moving car, so what on earth would you do for that long? :eek: I think that would be even worse than flying!

I think driving seems to be the right decision for your trip. I wish I lived that close, it's about 24 hours from here and I have done the drive twice, it's just so daunting to think about doing it again. Who knows though, someday we might.

Thanks! Can you tell she likes bright colors? :lmao:

19-20 hours would not be an option for me either. I would go nuts sitting in the car that long. And I get motion sick if I try to read or do anything like that in a moving car, so what on earth would you do for that long? :eek: I think that would be even worse than flying!

I'm with your DD, I like bright colors too! :thumbsup2

Yeah, we had a 3 1/2 hour drive each way to go get our puppy this weekend. 7 hours in the car was plenty for me. :sick: I really think I would be physically sick trying to make the drive from here to FL. And then dreading the drive back the whole time we were down there would ruin the trip.

I'll stick with my 1 hour drive to the airport and a 2 hour flight!!

You are so lucky you live that close!

Your daughters room is very cute. She has quite the collection of Disney Stuffed Friends. She looks so grown up in the pics from the 4th, maybe it is the shorter hairstyle.

I think driving this trip makes total sense in your case. How great is it being able to use the company car and since your not that far away, it is a win win situation. I have read a few horror stories of people missing flights before a cruise and having to take a different one to catch up with their cruise at some other port. Better to be there the day before.

We drove 3x 1200 miles 10 hours a day for 2 days each way :scared1: Our last trip driving storms followed us the entire time on the way down so it was rain and more rain, then coming back same thing and I vowed never to drive again and we haven't. It is just too much coming from Ct and like Shelly said we started dreading the drive back so it did ruin our last couple of days in Disney.

I think driving seems to be the right decision for your trip. I wish I lived that close, it's about 24 hours from here and I have done the drive twice, it's just so daunting to think about doing it again. Who knows though, someday we might.

Another 24 hour driver! :scared1: Wow! You guys are making me feel like a whiny baby for complaining about 10 hours! I can't even imagine driving that far for anything. I don't blame you one bit for flying.

I'm with your DD, I like bright colors too! :thumbsup2

Yeah, we had a 3 1/2 hour drive each way to go get our puppy this weekend. 7 hours in the car was plenty for me. :sick: I really think I would be physically sick trying to make the drive from here to FL. And then dreading the drive back the whole time we were down there would ruin the trip.

I'll stick with my 1 hour drive to the airport and a 2 hour flight!!

You are so lucky you live that close!

I feel the same way and I am kind of worried about dreading the drive home. Driving there isn't so bad, especially this year since we are just driving to the port. It's not like we have to be in a hurry because there's nothing we can do until they let us on the ship. But the drive back is killer. You are so tired after all those days of walking and the thought of that long drive is really the pits. Honestly, if it wasn't for the money, I would fly again.

Your daughters room is very cute. She has quite the collection of Disney Stuffed Friends. She looks so grown up in the pics from the 4th, maybe it is the shorter hairstyle.

She loves buying stuffed animals for souvenirs. That's pretty much all she ever buys except books and art supplies.

The shorter cut does make her look older, but she had some serious pool head going on too! :lmao:

I think driving this trip makes total sense in your case. How great is it being able to use the company car and since your not that far away, it is a win win situation. I have read a few horror stories of people missing flights before a cruise and having to take a different one to catch up with their cruise at some other port. Better to be there the day before.

I would totally freak out if I missed the flight before a cruise! :eek:

We drove 3x 1200 miles 10 hours a day for 2 days each way :scared1: Our last trip driving storms followed us the entire time on the way down so it was rain and more rain, then coming back same thing and I vowed never to drive again and we haven't. It is just too much coming from Ct and like Shelly said we started dreading the drive back so it did ruin our last couple of days in Disney.

That happened to us on the way down in '08. It rained the whole way and it was so stressful. I-95 is not a good road to be driving on in those conditions. My nerves were shot by the time we arrived. I had almost forgotten about that until you just jogged my memory! Hmmm, now you have me wondering if I really want to drive after all! :rolleyes:

I'm on board for this one =)

Welcome! So glad to have newcomers!

We've had lots of driving adventures too. In March we were dodging a snowstorm and drove all night through rain until we hit Florida! That stank! On the way home we had great weather! Go figure. But it's a risk we take driving - especially in winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter