No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

RinkyTinkyTinky

DIS Veteran
Chapter links can be found at the bottom of this post.

Hello everyone! :wave2: It’s been a long time coming, but I finally have another Disney trip on the horizon! And what a beautiful horizon it is… a Caribbean one to be exact! :boat: :beach:

8af0993b.jpg

And a Florida horizon too! :sunny:

eb52e41d.jpg

But I’m getting ahead of myself here. Let me back up for a moment, do the proper (boring) things first and introduce the traveling party. After all, I am a Southern Belle and we believe in proper introductions.;)

The star of the show is my DD. :cutie:

261b3e30.jpg

DH and I just accompany her on these trips because she needs a chauffeur and personal servant. :laughing: After all, a girl has to have someone to carry all her luggage and shopping bags ya know! (My poor DH has actually been dubbed the “pack llama”.) And us being the wonderful parents that we are, have been willing to relinquish the time and money that it takes to get her back to WDW! If it wasn’t for our love and devotion to her, we’d just stay home and work, work, work like responsible little adults… but somehow we manage to make the sacrifice………….. for her. :rolleyes1 OK, so maybe the trips are actually more for me than her, but shhhhh, don't tell anyone! Besides, we all use our kids as an excuse to go to WDW, don't we? Be honest now!

My DD is actually a very sweet, smart and responsible little girl (who just happens to have a voracious appetite for Disney shopping). She is seven years old and is heading into the 2nd grade in August. I have no idea where her gene pool came from because she is a very bright child. :teacher: She recently earned “A” honor roll for the year and was given the Top Reader award for 1st grade. She also won the Spirit Award plaque for 1st grade, which is basically for outstanding citizenship.

1a87eb0b.jpg

O.K., I am starting to ramble on. Can you tell I am proud of her? She is absolutely the apple of my eye. :love:

Then there is my DH.

900d70cf.jpg

What can I say, when it comes to family, I am one blessed lady, because he is pretty rockin’ too! He is a wonderful father and husband who works hard all year and looks forward to our vacations very much. He is not a Disney addict like me, but he enjoys it very much when he is there. For some reason he just doesn’t want to talk about it 24/7 like I do…. go figure????? :confused3 He fully admits though that he goes for the food! popcorn::

Lastly, there’s me… a thirty something, stay-at-home mom, who is hopelessly afflicted with the DISease! :sick: But I have NO intentions of pursuing a cure! I love chatting with all my DIS friends who help fuel my passion for Disney. My life would be rather dull without all of you! When I am not DISing away, I am usually working one of my two part time jobs that I have picked up since I "retired" from teaching. I keep children after school and in the summer, as well as doing some accounting work, both of which are done from my home.

3522e908.jpg

So, that’s enough about us! I hope you can join me for a few fun months before we set sail for paradise! :boat:

Next… onto the good stuff…. a tremendously tropical land and sea Dream vacation! :banana:

Chapter Links:
Introductions
Our plans... well, sort of
Let the shopping begin!
Let's talk logistics
Knock, knock! Who's there? Terence. Terence who? Terence who brings prizes for you!
OK, we're here.......... now what?
What's for dinner?
A cabin on the sea
Happy birthday to me!
Bahama Mama!
To fish extend or not to fish extend, that is the question!
Flippers, Fins & Fun
Castaway for just one day!
Just keep swimming....
Indecisiveness has been overcome & loose ends are all tied up!
3 days in a tropical paradise just isn't enough
A Message in a Bottle
Disney Day 1-Magic Kingdom
Disney Day 2-Epcot (World Showcase)
Disney Day 3-Typhoon Lagoon
Countdowns, Fish Extender Gifts, and Mickey Mail!
A Message in a Bottle
Disney Day 4-Magic Kingdom
Disney Day 5-Hollywood Studios
Disney Day 6-Epcot (Future World)
Disney Day 7-Animal Kingdom
Homemade Disney Fun

Sure I'm second but I read it first! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans! And your DD is so cute! You should brag and be proud! :yay:

My DD is actually a very sweet, smart and responsible little girl (who just happens to have a voracious appetite for Disney shopping). She is seven years old and is heading into the 2nd grade in August. I have no idea where her gene pool came from because she is a very bright child. :teacher: She recently earned “A” honor roll for the year and was given the Top Reader award for 1st grade. She also won the Spirit Award plaque for 1st grade, which is basically for outstanding citizenship.

1a87eb0b.jpg

What a great kid! :woohoo:
I'd be happy to have about two dozen just like her in my room this year. :thumbsup2

Wow! You girls are quick! I don't know how you do it. I have never once made it to anyone's first page! :lmao:

You both have helped me so much with the planning of my cruise and I really appreciate it! I hope I can remember all the advice and tips you've both given me.

aha!! I think I might be 1st...I am now going to actually read it! :lmao:

Hey Jen! I'm so glad you came over. I was going to PM you and invite you personally, but I just hadn't gotten that far yet! I have to say though that I am a little embarrassed to have you reading my report. You know I LOVE photography, but your pictures make mine look like minced meat! Just keep in mind throughout the report that I am learning. Maybe one day my pictures will be half as good as yours!

Sure I'm second but I read it first! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans! And your DD is so cute! You should brag and be proud! :yay:

Hello Sheree! So glad you are coming along for the ride too! I hope I didn't start this thing too early, but when my ticker hit 3 months and something, I just couldn't wait any longer! :laughing:

What a great kid! :woohoo:
I'd be happy to have about two dozen just like her in my room this year. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I think I'll keep her! :laughing: Her teacher actually wrote me the sweetest note at the end of the year telling me what a pleasure she had been all year and what a great kid she is. That meant the world to me. She really is a super girl and I love her to pieces. She has her moments just like any other kid, but overall she's a keeper! I've told my DH many times that I guess since God decided to only give us one child, He figured it better be a really good one! ;)

I'm so glad you could join in the fun over here. I was worried that you wouldn't have time with all you have going on these days and your new job starting soon. But I have thought about you so many times while planning this trip. We both have such a love for all things tropical! I wish I could take you along with me! We have an inside stateroom though on our cruise, so I know you wouldn't go for that! :scared1: If we can ever afford a balcony room, I'll take you along for sure! :)

I read your last TR too and I think you take amazing pcitures. So you won't get any complaints from me. I think we are all our own worst critic!

I read your last TR too and I think you take amazing pcitures. So you won't get any complaints from me. I think we are all our own worst critic!

Well thank you for saying that. But you and Janet have really inspired me to work on it more. Both of you have a real talent for photography and I have enjoyed your pictures so much. I don't have much time to practice right now with a house full of summer kids, but I hope to do more when school goes back. And it would help if the camera fairy would leave a DSLR under my pillow one night! :rotfl:

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all of your plans :thumbsup2

Your DD is an absolute doll - so cute!

Joining in! Can't wait to follow another of your adventures!:goodvibes

Welcome Trish! So glad you found me! I see you have a ticker too! That's great. I'll have to get over there and check you out if you have a PTR going. I hope that means that you got your resister to agree to go back! :thumbsup2

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all of your plans :thumbsup2

Your DD is an absolute doll - so cute!

Thank you Michelle! She is a doll most of the time, and when she isn't my DH says she is acting like me! ;) I'm so glad you came over. You have helped me a lot in planning this cruise. I really appreciate all the advice and info you have shared with me over the last few months! :flower3:

Here, Rinky!!! :yay:

:cool1: :woohoo: Hello Jackie! So glad you made it! You are another one that I thought was probably too busy with life right now to come over, so I am very glad to see you. Why is it that all these teachers have to spend their summers doing so much school work? :sad2: You and Memom have gotten ripped off this time! But anyway, I am very glad you are here!

:cool1: :woohoo: Hello Jackie! So glad you made it! You are another one that I thought was probably too busy with life right now to come over, so I am very glad to see you. Why is it that all these teachers have to spend their summers doing so much school work? :sad2: You and Memom have gotten ripped off this time! But anyway, I am very glad you are here!

Oh, I find the DIS is a very good stress reliever. :laughing: It is the next best thing to heading to "My Happy Place" when I don't want to think about things like getting up in front of adults to do a presentation. :lmao:

Oh, I find the DIS is a very good stress reliever. :laughing: It is the next best thing to heading to "My Happy Place" when I don't want to think about things like getting up in front of adults to do a presentation. :lmao:

I agree. It is an escape from reality, which we all need more of!

I'm joining in on this PTR! :goodvibes

:welcome: I've seen you around the DIS, mostly at Memom's place. I'm very glad to have you along and am looking forward to adding another DIS friend! :)

Plans, plans, plans…………….Who needs plans, right? I DO! I am a major type A, over planner, go, go, go kinda gal! However, I am really trying to relax some and take the advice of my DH. He says that I need to go with the flow, stop and smell the roses, slow down and enjoy the ride…. I’ve heard it all from him, and well, I’ve finally decided that he is right. I can’t believe I just put those words in writing! :eek:

So are my plans this year to have no plans? Ummm, that’s a big ‘ol fat NO! :laughing: That is just not even on the radar for me. My plans are just to have more flexible plans… rubber band plans… plans that can be stretched and reshaped, but are still there holding it all together! ;)

Now, here’s where I need to insert my disclaimer:
Readers beware! The terms and conditions of these plans are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any moment, without notice. I reserve the right to make countless additions, deletions, and modifications to any and all plans posted herein. I hereby admit to being chronically indecisive and therefore this PTR is being advertised “as is” and no refunds will be given. :rolleyes:

So, you are reading from here on out at your own risk! Why do I babble on like this? Well, because at this point, ALL my plans are tentative. My DH is in the process of interviewing for a promotion at work and if he gets it, all our travel dates may have to change. The promotion would be a huge blessing :littleangel:, but the change of plans would be a curse :stir:! So basically, my ticker is just for looks! :rotfl:

So what do I know for sure? Frankly, not much. Right now I actually have two cruises booked, hoping that we will know something about his job before the 75 day mark. I have to make a decision by then so that I can be refunded all of my deposit for the cruise that we choose to cancel. Normally, I wouldn’t “over book” like that, but considering that the price of a Disney cruise keeps going up and up as the sailing dates draw closer, I didn’t feel like I had a choice.

So................ I have booked a 4 night and a 3 night cruise on the new Disney Dream for the later part of October in the hopes that one set of dates will work out for us!

f6eda4f3.jpg

539db383.jpg

215049aa.jpg

cf2ae208.jpg

100299cc.jpg

f9b70390.jpg

c3edfb29.jpg

b2b4116e.jpg

892c5cbd.jpg

93def713.jpg

37f99d63.jpg

I am so very excited! None of us have ever cruised or even been on the ocean before! We have only experienced the Atlantic from a nice, safe beach chair! :beach: I have to admit that I am a little bit nervous about it. What if we get sea sick? :sick: I have no idea how it will affect us since we have no experience on the open seas. I plan to be prepared for the worst though. I will have a bag full of assorted drugs with me for sure!

Regardless of which cruise we actually take, it will be followed by an extended stay at Disney World! :woohoo: We decided to do a short cruise this first time since we aren’t certain that cruising is for us, so that leaves plenty of time to visit the Mouse afterwards. I have all kinds of good stuff planned for the WDW portion of the trip too! (And I’ll get to all that soon enough.) Overall, our vacation will be about 11 days, depending on which cruise we do.

My DD will most likely miss a full week of school because of the trip. :teacher: I know people have mixed opinions on that topic, but I am very comfortable with our decision. I am a firm believer that learning comes in MANY forms and some of the best opportunities come through travel and experiencing life first hand instead of always through a textbook. I love the quote by Mark Twain that says, “I never let school interfere with my education.” That perfectly describes how I feel about the subject. :thumbsup2

Up next…. How are we getting there? Let’s talk logistics!

I think your plans sound great!! I think your plans to have your daughter miss school is A-OK! :goodvibes From your intro post she seems like a great student so she will catch right up. I also love the Mark Twain quote.

I'm a Type Not A. I'm organized when it comes to my job and tasks, but I don't stress about much. I will have a semi-plan for Disney World, most of which Jill decides, and from that we sway as we need to without any hassle.

A promotion with a nice big raise? That would = more Disney dollars for future trips. :thumbsup2

Mark Twain was wise.

I'm here!! :yay: I didn't make the first page, but I'm here!

Great start to your PTR. :goodvibes I'm loving it!

We are considering a cruise for 2013 and none of us have ever cruised before. I think we will start with a 3 or 4 night cruise as well to see how we like it. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter