No the Magic isn’t gone but it’s at 25%

You might be right. I stayed at the Towers in Coronado two weeks ago. It felt empty. The guy that brought up my bags, said it was only 30% full. Few people in any of the bars and Toledo was closed Monday and Tuesday. Staffing probably didn't help matters.

On another note, we rode 6 rides in MK by noon and no G+.

You might be right. I stayed at the Towers in Coronado two weeks ago. It felt empty. The guy that brought up my bags, said it was only 30% full. Few people in any of the bars and Toledo was closed Monday and Tuesday. Staffing probably didn't help matters.

On another note, we rode 6 rides in MK by noon and no G+.
I hear people on here complain about the crowds, but our trip this Summer wasn’t near as crowded as our February 2019 trip. In February 2019 we stayed at AKL and BWI club level with 35% off. Rented points this Summer no discounts available.

that is a bit different, Energy is a commodity which people really can't live without. Disney is a luxury, and if people don't like it then they don't have to go. The fact that Disney still has crazy demand proves that the point you have made above, and so many assert just isn't the case for the masses, and that people are pleased with the value Disney is offering
You missed the point, it's the mental state that increasing prices creates. People are complaining about high gas prices, yet they are still driving all over the place. Same with Disney, people complain all the time about prices and still go. I agree, people must be pleased if they keep going, however there is a certain amount of people that will no longer pay the price (clearly not enough to stop the increases).

That would cause the exact same problem. Universal doesn't have the same demand Disney does so that's not apples to apples in this case. Adding a gate would just add to the problem in my opinion.
Wrong, them not adding a fifth or sixth gate has caused this problem. Sure, adding another one or two gates would bring in more people, but it also spreads the crowds out (unless they build terrible parks nobody want to go to).

Wrong, them not adding a fifth or sixth gate has caused this problem. Sure, adding another one or two gates would bring in more people, but it also spreads the crowds out (unless they build terrible parks nobody want to go to).
Disney doesn't desire to spread out crowds. That requires more labor costs.

You missed the point, it's the mental state that increasing prices creates. People are complaining about high gas prices, yet they are still driving all over the place. Same with Disney, people complain all the time about prices and still go. I agree, people must be pleased if they keep going, however there is a certain amount of people that will no longer pay the price (clearly not enough to stop the increases).
sure that's fair, and it happens all the time with most businesses. The only time a company takes notice is if it starts affecting the bottom line, the rest is just fluff that they typically ignore

I think it's a nice thought but we aren't going to see eye to eye on this one

There are definitely things about Disney World I still love but this summer I canceled my trip to Disney and spent 8 days at nice resorts along the Florida Keys instead. The minutiae of Genie plus and Lightning Lanes and getting up early to hope to snag some good rides/times was just too much for me this year.
Instead I enjoyed kayaking and paddle boarding and watching sunsets and eating great food on a more chill schedule at my own pace.
I'll be back to Disney eventually. :)

IIRC we've been down this road before. Thrill does not equate to motion sickness. Motion sickness varies by person and by trigger. There are people who can do fast roller coasters with loops and steep drops but have issues with simulators and vice versa. Ones who get impacted by tight spaces, ones are fine with xyz.

Disney does appeal to a wider group of people but that in itself isn't related to motion sickness.

My husband can do Hulk, Time Traveler, and so many others but Remy got to him and he's no where near a person impacted by motion sickness like I am. Remy is not at all thrill. But then he's fine with every other simulator out there except Simpsons also got to him.
The science behind motion sickness fascinates me. MS often is about the brain not being able to process what it's going through (so, for instance, sitting and facing "backwards" on a train where one can see things moving the opposite direction the train is headed). I, for instance, don't really experience MS except for when I haven't slept (which understandably leads to my brain not being able to keep up, even with things it's previously had no problems with). It blows my mind.

The time will come where people won't pay it because they can't. Currently people have a lot of equity in their homes some use it as a bank. The market went straight up for ten years. All that can change in a blink of an eye. We saw it in 2008... these prices won't last forever.

I don't know if it's a case of "must be pleased if they keep going...", for us, it's been a case of going back and trying to find again what we originally fell in love with. And Disney laughing all the way to the bank! It is very much like an addiction if you think about it. It starts off great and makes you feel wonderful....then things go downhill, but you keep at it, hoping to feel great again.

OMG....we truly are addicts!

We didn’t use it during our December trip and rode almost every ride. We really had a great trip at a busy time of the year. I can’t think of one negative. We thought we’d miss the dining plan but we did well without it as well
I really do hope the plan is back by next year

I'm wondering if it does come back what will it look like because there's so much upheaval with food production these days from inventory, pricing and staff. And does Disney even want the same product as before? Do they even need it? Plus they've invested in Walk Up/Wait Lists via MDE and they've reduced the ADR timeframe to 60 days. I remember before the pandemic people used to talk about how that was tried in the past at WDW and people didn't like it so they increased the planning til they eventually went to 180 days. Now with it being 60 days a lot of people seem content with that and instead dislike park reservations.

I'm wondering if it does come back what will it look like because there's so much upheaval with food production these days from inventory, pricing and staff. And does Disney even want the same product as before? Do they even need it? Plus they've invested in Walk Up/Wait Lists via MDE and they've reduced the ADR timeframe to 60 days. I remember before the pandemic people used to talk about how that was tried in the past at WDW and people didn't like it so they increased the planning til they eventually went to 180 days. Now with it being 60 days a lot of people seem content with that and instead dislike park reservations.
Yeah i never understood the 180 days, why do you need 6 months in advance to book dining. I assume most booked what they could and then circled back every once in a while to see if another one they wanted opened back up. You don't need 6 months to stalk the website for dinner, not to mention there are sites that can manage all of that for you

Again you missed the boat. Don’t expect with soaring food prices Disney to offer dining plans that lock in the price of meals for a year.
You make it sounds like Disney shops at the supermarket like we do. They typically sign contracts with suppliers to lock in food prices for long periods of time, which is how they are able to lock in the Dining Plan costs for a year at a time.

You make it sounds like Disney shops at the supermarket like we do. They typically sign contracts with suppliers to lock in food prices for long periods of time, which is how they are able to lock in the Dining Plan costs for a year at a time.
There has not been inflation like this in 40 years…and it’s only going to get worse. The dining plan is not coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter