• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

No threads on the airline decision??? Color me shocked?! (or unaware)

@redboat45 @Mrs.AMC it is odd, we use charter buses for some events; no governtment transportation its 100% private but we were told that the Federal rules on masking applied - ok fine. But we board the second bus and driver is not masked and didn't care if anyone wore a mask. I still can't figure out why they said it was a requirement, but just has happy not to have to bother. Driver did have the two roof hatches cracked so plenty of fresh air away... but go figure why Disney and others thought it was a requirement. Even funnier was kids on School Buses didn't have to, yet on a private bus they do. Ugh.
yeah it makes no sense. We'll just have to wait and see what happens ... and what the new excuse will be.

I hate wearing masks, but geez, there have been a few people I've ended up in close contact with where I was very glad to have one on, covid or not!

I'll probably keep one in my pocket in case I encounter another one of these sickly characters. 😷

My personal experience from being on crowded trains in NYC. When masks were not a mandate no one wore them I did not get COVID And no one in my office did. Masks required I was fully vaccinated I eventually got COVID and it was not someone where I work as we all get tested when someone gets it. I can say every person in my office has gotten COVID at different times as well as other locations in different states everyone is vaccinated everyone wears masks… we supply masks to all employees. Some even wore their own K or N 95 nothing helped. Do what ever helps you sleep at night if it is wearing a mask or not. Personally I am happy there are no longer mask mandates flight attendants were forced to enforce the rules where as the rules where never enforced in NYC as no one wanted to fight or argue and there were plenty in NYC who did not wear masks When they were mandated.

This thread ain't so bad after all, eh?

(This message will self-destruct in 3, 2, 1...)

well this party was short lived--just saw on the news the CDC still insists we keep the masks on planes and such

I could say a whole lot more but Im trying to be a good girl here

well this party was short lived--just saw on the news the CDC still insists we keep the masks on planes and such

I may be incorrect here, but I think that the CDC just has requested (via/thru the justice dept) the appeal to the ruling tossing out the mandate- don’t think they can just arbitrarily “insist “.

I may be incorrect here, but I think that the CDC just has requested (via/thru the justice dept) the appeal to the ruling tossing out the mandate- don’t think they can just arbitrarily “insist “.
Right. As I understood it the judges point was not that the ruling was wrong but who made the ruling was wrong. She felt the CDC did not have the authority to make the ruling for the nation. So yes, the CDC could request someone else who does have the authority make the ruling. Not sure I even know at this point exactly who that would be. A lot of this is going in to setting precedent for future vs the current situation

thanks for clearing this up--I took it that the CDC said masks should still be worn was a done deal then
also where I live the county exceutive said masks still need to be worn on buses
and the largest school system after only one day of no masks everyone has to go back to masks

thanks for clearing this up--I took it that the CDC said masks should still be worn was a done deal then
also where I live the county exceutive said masks still need to be worn on buses
and the largest school system after only one day of no masks everyone has to go back to masks
Local authorities do have the authority to govern those in their area, especially if they’ve been voted by those same folks.

I think it’s a tricky point. If we go back to masks, it will be like putting the genie back in the bottle. As the video posted up-thread stated, none of the mandates were put in place after studies were done. So to ask people to go back, will be an uphill battle for business, transportation, and everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter