NO to Aft cabins!!

We are going to be in cabin 7192 on the Dream next October, anyone have any pics of this cabin and any insight into the vibrations.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Let everyone think those aft rooms are terrible.......that will make it easer for us aft lovers to get them. ;.

:rotfl: This is our exact thoughts as well. In fact yesterday I had to change the date of our coming up cruise the CM was so excited for me that she could give us connecting verandah cabins mid ship..I gently asked if she had any near the aft elevators, she paused and said "well, yes but are you sure" :lmao: "Yes, I'm sure" 8150 & 8152 hear we come. :thumbsup2

Now if when you book it, it's in GTY status & you can't choose your specific stateroom, put a "do not upgrade room" on your reservation. That way, you'll have a better chance if being assured the 5E cabin ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And Silverfox....I single-handedly thank you for this advice. I'm convinced it's what got us an AFT room with our 5E GTY. Thank you again !!! Great advice !

I was in 6654 last year on the Wonder and had no problems with noise, vibrations, or any other complains. Next month, I am on the Magic in an aft cabin and I will report back.

We were in 8186 on the Dream and had no problems what so ever..
yes, you do hear it a bit when the are backing up in some ports, but not nearly as much as you hear the ankers being lowed in the front of the ship when they tender from the ship..

Have been in 6154 on the Magic as an upgrade because it was empty on our baltic cruise, and absolutly loved it..ahhh, the view !!

Yes, the Magic is older and of italian origin, wich makes her a bit like an italian car (we drive Fiat and Alfa here, so we know) beautifull design but shaking al the way :laughing:, but still loved it !

Which ship were you on? We were in 9162 Aft on the Dream and didn't have any vibration in our room.

We were on the 8/19 Dream and had 9667 and 9669. Barely anything... only ever so slightly noticeable pulling into port. Otherwise FANTASTIC!!!!! :thumbsup2

---Paul in Southern NJ

It is more of a safety thing.....they back into certain ports so they can leave easily and in a hurry if need be.

MJ

I imagine that if it would be a safety thing, other cruise lines would also do it. In Nassau there were two carnival and one royal caribbean. All three head in. Dream, backed in.

The other ships have nothing to show front or back. DCL has a very nice back - much better than the front.

Was going to ask the captain during the QA session but never got to.

It's been 3 months since we were no the Dream and I'm still having withdrawals. We were at the very aft of the ship in rooms 10166, 10164 and 10162. The only time I felt anything when we backed in was at Nassau and I think it's because it was sort of windy and rainy that day. I absolutely loved our rooms, especially the huge veranda. The fact that we had three rooms allowed the kids to go from room to room without having to be in the halls. Whenever we get a chance to go again I hope those rooms are available.

I have been aft on both my cruises on the Dream, the 1st was great and the 2nd had a ton of vibration. That being said I loved the veranda and thee view so I prefer Aft.

We just returned from a 3-night cruise on which we were assigned an Aft cabin. I know some posters are interested in finding out whether they are too noisy. After one night, we switched to a different cabin...it was not the noise factor, it was the vibrations that did us in. The bed vibrated the whole night, I assume from the engines. Even tho we were on an upper deck, it didn't seem to matter. And for those wondering about being wakened by the side thrusters during an early docking, we didn't even hear or feel that.
The engines are actually more in the middle of the ship at the bottom. if you were on the Magic or Wonder, they use shaft driven propellers which will cause more vibration than the Dream or Fantasy because they use electric powered azipods that don't require a shaft. Either way you will get vibrations from propellers. It is usually very windy back there too.

The engines are actually more in the middle of the ship at the bottom. if you were on the Magic or Wonder, they use shaft driven propellers which will cause more vibration than the Dream or Fantasy because they use electric powered azipods that don't require a shaft. Either way you will get vibrations from propellers. It is usually very windy back there too.

Sorry to correct you, but the Dream and Fantasy do not use Azipods. All four ships use conventional shaft driven propellers. On the Dream and Fantasy, Disney choose to take the conventional propulsion system, due to cost and concerns about the long term reliability of the azipod system, (at the time of design, several other cruise lines were experiencing challenges with some of their azipod powered ships). We have had aft cabins on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream. The Dream probably had the least vibrations, likely because the cabins are higher and farther away from the drive gear, possibly the drive gear was given better vibration isolation as well, as the ship is newer and of a different design and a different builder. Only one time were the vibrations really an issue, that was stern thruster vibration during docking operations, on an older ship. We like the aft cabins and almost always book them now.

We were in 8670 on the Fantasy and thought the room was great! I felt no vibration whatsoever. However, on another cruise ( RCL), we were Aft and the vibration ( and smell) was horrible! We were woken up every port day from the vibrations.

Same here! we were in 8679 on the Fantasy last week and except for one night the vibrations were minimal to non-existent.

I am pretty sure I can deal with the vibrations for the bigger verandah. What does the whitewall look like? Does it obstruct the view at all?

The aft rooms are the best rooms on the ship. The balcony are huge and the view is great. On my recent cruise in January I never laied up by the pool because my balcony had loungers. The only time I feel vibration is when docking. However, I can feel that noise any place on the ship.

Oh wait...aft rooms are horrible...don't book them.

Lol I've already booked it. On accident of course because this is my first cruise ever. So I'm hoping I got lucky. Lol

We were in cabin 5688 on the Fantasy and never had a problem at all. We loved it. I would have booked it again if it had been available on our next sailing. We LOVE aft. :D

Our cabin was right above Dumbo's butt. It was perfect. :dumbo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter