NO to Aft cabins!!

Does anyone have a pic looking down into one of these 5e rooms?
I'm wondering in particular how visible 8188 is from above...
I was in a cat 5a and knew from looking down into the 4e's that we would NOT want a 4e...is that much visible looking into the 5e's??
Thanks!

mmgrdg said:
Does anyone have a pic looking down into one of these 5e rooms?
I'm wondering in particular how visible 8188 is from above...
I was in a cat 5a and knew from looking down into the 4e's that we would NOT want a 4e...is that much visible looking into the 5e's??
Thanks!

On my DH's blog here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...stateroom-with-huge-aft-verandah-9674-review/

Scroll thru the pics and you will see a pic of a guy on his balcony - he's in 8188. He was the DH of someone in our DIS meet group. We loved our neighbors - we chatted with our neighbor to the right & 2 below (in 8188 & directly below). It was just sort of what we did when leaving port each day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes. Those. It was HEAVEN!!!

HI there..

I know this sounds silly but when you did the Eastern how was the sun on the veranda during the day? I am hoping I can do my few hours of sun worshiping on the veranda instead of up on deck.

We have 8682 so it is nice and big.

(Scott and I are photo friends btw)

mmgrdg said:
Thanks!

That is EXACTLY how we feel!! We were in a 5A because that's the category we had to change to to get the FL resident rate in Feb in the Dream. I actually didn't like the 5A because of the view if looking down into those 4E verandahs. DH & I also would not want to book those 4E.

We love the 5Es and no part of the verandah is visible unless you are out in the rail, and then it's just yourself ;)

Renysmom said:
HI there..

I know this sounds silly but when you did the Eastern how was the sun on the veranda during the day? I am hoping I can do my few hours of sun worshiping on the veranda instead of up on deck.

We have 8682 so it is nice and big.

(Scott and I are photo friends btw)

You are going to laugh - I have no idea!!! Being Floridians, we avoid the sun like the plague. Hats, SPF 50, plus DD & I are rash guard queens LOL. There was only one day we were on it during the day and I honestly cannot remember. I will ask Scott :)

8682 is available on our Oct 2013 cruise & I'm trying to talk Scott into it!!! 8188 wasn't available so he *made* me book 5522 to try the huge mini-suite double porthole room. I WANT MY AFT VERANDAH!!! I think he wants something different to photograph LOL. I just tried last week to talk him into 8682! There's still time.....

Anyways, I'll see if he remembers about the sun. We didn't spend much time in our room between the hours of 9-4.

You are going to laugh - I have no idea!!! Being Floridians, we avoid the sun like the plague. Hats, SPF 50, plus DD & I are rash guard queens LOL. There was only one day we were on it during the day and I honestly cannot remember. I will ask Scott :)

8682 is available on our Oct 2013 cruise & I'm trying to talk Scott into it!!! 8188 wasn't available so he *made* me book 5522 to try the huge mini-suite double porthole room. I WANT MY AFT VERANDAH!!! I think he wants something different to photograph LOL. I just tried last week to talk him into 8682! There's still time.....

Anyways, I'll see if he remembers about the sun. We didn't spend much time in our room between the hours of 9-4.

I will be all over 8682 anytime it is available especially for a 7 day+, it is twice the size. Show Scott this link and then tell him I told you to book it LOL

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41138191&postcount=1332

Renysmom said:
I will be all over 8682 anytime it is available especially for a 7 day+, it is twice the size. Show Scott this link and then tell him I told you to book it LOL

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41138191&postcount=1332

I am wrong. 8684 is the one available on our cruise; directly next to 8188. 8682 is HUGE - those corner verandahs are nice!!!! One major problem for us - no privacy curtain, which is a must for us.....We don't want to go to bed when DD does....

OMG enjoy that room!!!

Silverfox97---I finally decided to book one of these after showing him all the pics, and now the 5e cat is gone for my cruise!! :( I've been looking every few days and it's always been there...waited too long! :(

mmgrdg said:
Silverfox97---I finally decided to book one of these after showing him all the pics, and now the 5e cat is gone for my cruise!! :( I've been looking every few days and it's always been there...waited too long! :(

Aww....well, you could always book 6B aft on decks 5 (5190 or 5192) or 6 (6188 or 6688) & keep watching to see if it comes back & then pay the difference & upgrade???

Silverfox97 said:
Aww....well, you could always book 6B aft on decks 5 (5190 or 5192) or 6 (6188 or 6688) & keep watching to see if it comes back & then pay the difference & upgrade???

Woohoo! It opened back up today!!

mmgrdg said:
Woohoo! It opened back up today!!

Now if when you book it, it's in GTY status & you can't choose your specific stateroom, put a "do not upgrade room" on your reservation. That way, you'll have a better chance if being assured the 5E cabin ;)

I know most of these posts have been about the Dream and Fantasy, but I have a Magic question. Have any of you stayed in 7638 and does anyone have photos? If you need a HC cabin, you are aft. I need the cabin, so I don't really have a choice of ship location. I don't sleep well and wake up from 3 to 6 times a night at home. I am wondering if people have felt vibration in 7638 as well as how much room I will have to navigate. I also either need to have the beds separated or use the couch so I don't disturb my sister's sleep. Are you able to get the main bed separated? Thanks for your help.

Silverfox97 said:
Now if when you book it, it's in GTY status & you can't choose your specific stateroom, put a "do not upgrade room" on your reservation. That way, you'll have a better chance if being assured the 5E cabin ;)

It wasn't gty, so we are all set! Thanks for the info just in case! :)

Back from the dream and we had 8184. Huge room. Only issue is with vibration when docking, since the ship backs in. Dembarkation day this started at 5:30am!

I guess we have to figure out how much the vibration is. I've been on 8 ships, including the Magic, and they all vibrate at one time or another during the cruise, kind of the nature of the beast. Only the Queen Mary never vibrates. :goodvibes

I guess we have to figure out how much the vibration is. I've been on 8 ships, including the Magic, and they all vibrate at one time or another during the cruise, kind of the nature of the beast. Only the Queen Mary never vibrates. :goodvibes

Things rattle a lot... you do wake up from it. The reason is the backing in. The props are in reverse, so they push the water towards the hull.

It's a marketing thing - they want to show the back of the boat, with the characters hanging and such...

We were in 6616 on the Magic and LOVED it!! Location was great and we didn't seem to notice the vibration.. I would cruise aft again in a second... Hopefully out of NYC in 2014!!! Disney are you listening??!!!

Things rattle a lot... you do wake up from it. The reason is the backing in. The props are in reverse, so they push the water towards the hull.

It's a marketing thing - they want to show the back of the boat, with the characters hanging and such...

It is more of a safety thing.....they back into certain ports so they can leave easily and in a hurry if need be.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter