• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

OK, caught back up again! The wine dinner sounds really good! I wish DL still did a F&W since I'm not close enough to WDW to pop in for a weekend. I'm sure you weren't the first tipsy person on the Monorail... :rolleyes1

That's a lot of rides to get done in a short amount of time! Glad the popcorn hit the spot.

The wine dinner was awesome. I wish DL did a F&W too as I would have been able to convince my husband over to Disneyland sooner than now. At least you can pop in for DL as you like (and get to have awesome Club 33 Events to go to) so I guess its evens out ;)

We worked on getting a lot into a short amount of time as my mother doesn't get to go as often.

F&W Booths Vs Dis_Yoda & Mother - The Only Round

Shortly before 11AM, we headed to the World Showcase to be ready for the booth openings. While it was before official opening time, the booths in the front were already open so we got started with some booths. My mother wanted to enjoy Scotland first. As this was her first go around, I let her pick what she wanted & I would get something when I really wanted it. She enjoyed the scallop!

BXLsNbs.jpg

Seared Sea Scallop w/ Spinach-Cheddar Gratin & Crispy Bacon

Our next stop was Desserts & Champagne, where we both had a glass of champagne. We decided to not go for the Dom though & went for more practical choices.

uWlbmPt.jpg

Moet & Chandon Imperial & Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial

My mother wanted Canada & couldn’t decide between two items so she had both. I got a bite of the Filet & while it was overcooked for my taste, it was still a tender piece of meat.

sEoyWAv.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup & Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon w/ Truffle Butter Sauce

We both had something we wanted from France My mother enjoyed her snails. I enjoyed my alcohol ;)

lXth5X8.jpg
T884yQ3.jpg

Escargot Tart w/ Garlic & La Passion Martini Slush

I went to Brazil to get one of my favorite items from the festival! While I was enjoying my cheese bread, my mother visited Belgium and had the Potato & Leek Waffle w/ Beer Braised Beef She thought this was just ok but it looked horrible so I didn’t get a photo.

QhSbuk2.jpg

Cheese Bread

In Japan, I had another one of the Gyoza buns I had gotten early in the festival. The serving size is too large!

wb8cglz.jpg

Teriyaki Gyoza Bun

Our next stop was Hops & Barley where my mother enjoyed the Artisan Cheese Plate while I had a serving of my favorite beer from the festival this year - Snapshot. (I’ve since found it sold at Publix which is awesome)

qyVsEHe.jpg
nILK6Vo.jpg

Artisan Cheese Plate & New Belgium Brewing Company, Snapshot

Last up was a visit China to get one of my other favorites of the festival, the Mongolian Beef Steamed Bun. It was just as awesome this time as it was the first!

vRSsEam.jpg

Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun

Rides & Culinary Demo

We both had enough to eat at this point but that was ok. We headed into the Mexico Pavilion & took a ride to find Donald.

JTeVqLl.jpg

Then it was off to Mission Space - Green Side!

We had a Culinary Demo scheduled at 1PM for Elizabeth Falkner. I remember seeing her on a few competition shows on the Food Network and Bravo. She would be demoing a Duck Confit Salad once she got on the stage.

vdG0XFz.jpg

y4paBVL.jpg

jeDSbfM.jpg

mukqAib.jpg

Duck Confit Salad

The presentation was ok. The winery took about 15 minutes of the presentation and once Elizabeth got on stage, it felt more like a conversation between friends on stage than a demo showing how to make the dish as the showing of duck confit felt rushed.

After we finished in exactly 45 minutes, we headed back to the hotel to relax until 3:45PM.

The Shortest Park Trip Ever

While we were hanging out in the room, my mother mentioned she hadn’t visited the new Star Tours since they did the upgrade a couple years ago. So we drove to Hollywood Studios & parked in the lot near the buses so that it would be walkable after the Food & Wine Classic if need be.

We headed dressed up to Star Tours where there wasn’t any wait go get on the ride! Awesome!

HhgcLqJ.jpg

RUwWwla.jpg

And then we left the park.

pnTlPIF.jpg

Is anyone else sad that they took away the shop & put in Guest Services here?

Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic

We headed to the boat stop as we had time before the Classic started & we were both in heels.

ibf5Nua.jpg

Ticket

When we checked in & picked up our items, we still had some time before the booths actually opened so we went inside to get water and relaxed until 5:30. We reviewed the items available & I was a bit disappointed in two things about this event which I’ll get to at the end of the review.

ljlGC9n.jpg

Beer Garden Wristlet

lBXHVFk.jpg

Items

nmZtJMK.jpg

Food Items

dqpnCYP.jpg

Beer Garden Menu

Food Reviews
Beer Garden
MNkhJC1.jpg

In the Beer Garden, I enjoyed the Warm Pretzel with Sweet & Spicy Mustard. This was good drinking food. I’m glad I started the night with a good carb base to soak up the alcohol that would be had. When you checked into the Beer Garden you were given a plastic stein. You would only be given one so it kinda sucked to have to carry the wine glass, stein & food options! If only I had brought a larger purse with me to hold the glass I wasn’t using.

xzaUeB3.jpg

Kimonos

Dragon Roll: Crispy Shrimp, Tuna, Avocado

This was the first booth my mother & I both had for the normal booths (since I did start with the beer garden) It was very fresh which is always want you want for sushi.

Cib’s Smoke Shop

2dz5mho.jpg

Handcrafted Bacon, Sweet Potato Puree, Caramelized Onion BBQ Sauce

This was awesome! The bacon was just crispy enough to melt in your mouth. The puree was meh but

Fresh

1gudqqS.jpg

Thai Chicken Salad

This was ok. It tasted like thai chicken but the salad wasn’t really a salad.

Picabu

s6czL5b.jpg

Barbacoa of Beef, Organic Vegetables, Cheddar Cheese, Assorted Hot Sauces, Corn Tortilla

Make Your Own Tacos = Greatness for drinking. I loved how the vegetables were more on the traditional side with red onions and radishes. I may have had put too much cheese on them but I had a lot to drink by this point.

Laurent Barnlard

jv8a9cL.jpg

Chocolate Hazelnut

This was nice and light option for dessert. It tasted as described so if you liked chocolate & hazelnut you would be happy.

W2ZHDpE.jpg

Banana Foster Panini

My favorite dessert of the weekend! It was the perfect combination of cold & hot & banana that I love. It was very rich though and I couldn’t have had more than 1 serving.

Cabot Cheese Grille Truck

0ErVXMw.jpg

Mac & Cheese

This was a well made mac & cheese. There was enough flavoring that it wasn’t bland which mass produced mac & cheese can lend itself too.

Il Mulino

D7UaIrL.jpg

Arancini

This may have been my mother’s favorite item outside of the Champagne Booth. She had 4!

Todd English[/u]

EMrcFBd.jpg

Assortment of Crudos, Pine Island Shrimp & Lardo Crostini

This booth was a huge miss. I didn’t like my Crostini much but it was edible. My mother had the lobster w/ mayo crudo and she thought it was nasty. There would be no 2nd visits to this booth!

Cabana Bar & Beach Club

yYZ3lQ8.jpg

Belle & Evans Chicken Yakitori

This was good. The sauce was on point and the chicken was still tender despite being on a stick.

Shula’s Steakhouse

Roasted Beef Tenderloin

The beef was great for the 1 serving we had. It was the farthest done the path so when we went for 2nd rounds of food, we stuck more to the main aisle areas.

Overall Impressions

The Good
1) Set Up - The set up worked to make sure people didn’t stake out tables for the evening. It was very easy to move around to different booth & get some items and then find a place to eat them. People didn’t care if you shared one of the stand up tables to eat and then move on.

2)Price - The price fell in line for the quality of the event. I spent $108 and I felt I got my money’s worth in terms of Disney’s prices. Much better than the current prices that is Party of the Senses. If my husband joins me next year, we’ll do the beer garden as we can enjoy it together. If I go with my mother, I’ll pass as she wasn’t allowed in (rightfully so) so I had to run in & out rather than enjoy it.

The Meh
1) Trash Receptacles - When the event started, you couldn’t find where to throw away your plates at all. At first, you had to ask a booth to put in there trash. As the night went on, they finally started placing trash cans where you could use them but it was a good 45 minutes until they were out. Felt like bad planning on their part.

2) Trick or Treating - This is an event with alcohol. More options for alcohol than food. As it was halloween, there were many buckets of candy throughout which brought a lot of children out. It just felt out of place.

3) Alcohol Selection - There was a lot of alcohol here but the selection was just ok. The beers in the beer garden weren’t very crafty but I did at least find 1 new beer that I still need to find at Total Wines. The wines were ok as well - some booths better than others. I did like most of what I had to drink at least!

The Bad
1) Water - Water wasn’t free. You had to pay for bottles of water if you wanted some.

2) Beer Garden Food Variety - The beer garden menu felt like a lame afterthought. I mean I love pretzels & did have 2 but it felt very uninspired.

After about 2.5 hours, we had enough food & drink so that weren’t horribly stuffed. My mother hadn’t had as much to drink as I did as she was driving but I had far less alcohol than I had had the night before at The Wave Signature Dinner. I did not want a hangover in the morning! We were able to get the boat back to Hollywood Studios even though the park was closed so we didn’t have to do the 1 mile walk to the parking lot which was great! We were in bed by 10PM after my mother made some changes to our park plans for the next day as she said she really wanted to do 2 things - Mine Train & “That Belle Ride”

I have some major catching up to do!

Ugh, those laundry jerks! It's like being back in college again :(

I enjoyed the expo - I only bought a black sparkly sweaty band, but I liked it. I was happy to get the clif shot bloks in my bag because they are my fuel of choice, and tropical punch is my favorite flavor!

Nice to get a Le Cellier ressie - we still haven't tried it yet but I really want to. the poutine looks so good.

We were at MNSSHP the same night :) I was really worried that rain was going to cancel the fireworks, but luckily I got to see them! And yeah, probably good that you missed the ghost cupcake. I got it and it was super disappointing.

It was cold after the race! I only rode Star Tours - I really wanted to do TSM and Rockin Roller Coaster, but the waits were so long. I was disappointed by that.

Loved Festival of Fantasy! Such a colorful, fun parade.

The Swan and Dolphin event looks nice. I like that it's all close together, one price, and the food looked good. I'd like to try it someday!

I wish DL still did a F&W since I'm not close enough to WDW to pop in for a weekend.

It sure seems that they should bring that back now that the "new" DCA is firmly established.

Just like while he is going to do the Wine & Dine in 2015 - I told him, I'm going to do the 5K in the morning and just drink while he's running. :cool1:

That sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2

I recognized Elizabeth Faulkner from various TV shows. That must have been fun.

K
I've always wanted to do the Swan and Dolphin Classic. Even with the parts that weren't good, it still sounds like an event worth trying.

I have some major catching up to do!

Ugh, those laundry jerks! It's like being back in college again :(

I enjoyed the expo - I only bought a black sparkly sweaty band, but I liked it. I was happy to get the clif shot bloks in my bag because they are my fuel of choice, and tropical punch is my favorite flavor!

Nice to get a Le Cellier ressie - we still haven't tried it yet but I really want to. the poutine looks so good.

We were at MNSSHP the same night :) I was really worried that rain was going to cancel the fireworks, but luckily I got to see them! And yeah, probably good that you missed the ghost cupcake. I got it and it was super disappointing.

It was cold after the race! I only rode Star Tours - I really wanted to do TSM and Rockin Roller Coaster, but the waits were so long. I was disappointed by that.

Loved Festival of Fantasy! Such a colorful, fun parade.

The Swan and Dolphin event looks nice. I like that it's all close together, one price, and the food looked good. I'd like to try it someday!

I know about the feeling of catching up - I feel so behind on everyone else's report. My reporting here has also slowed down a lot.

I was really lucky in college as my apartment had laundry hook ups so I was able to avoid sharing with anyone but my 2 roommates. I guess we got the same sweaty band - I love how well it works. My husband was also happy about the shot blocks. Its always great to get some fuel you enjoy!

The poutine is my favorite part of Le Cellier nowadays but it isn't a must do for us.

Too bad that the ghost cupcake was disappointing!

It was horribly cold after the race. I ended up buying that $80 jacket but at least its gotten some good use since being home. I saw your picture on the ToT photo list - your group looked like they had a fun time!

If we are in Disney for Food & Wine Classic, we would do it again. It is an easy walk but I wouldn't wear nice clothes for it as it seamed the majority were theme park casual.

It sure seems that they should bring that back now that the "new" DCA is firmly established.

That sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2

If they bring it back, I would totally plan another trip out there!

I recognized Elizabeth Faulkner from various TV shows. That must have been fun.

K
I've always wanted to do the Swan and Dolphin Classic. Even with the parts that weren't good, it still sounds like an event worth trying.

Her demo was just ok in comparison to the other one I did. She only got to present for about half her time but she is great.

It is an event worth trying! I would totally do it again as the cost makes it worth it. If it turned into POTS type prices, it wouldn't though.

Go, Go, Go!!!

When my mother told me as she was going asleep she really wanted to do the Mine Train, I told her the only way to accomplish that without a horrible wait would be to go to Magic Kingdom at Rope Drop & thus skipping Animal Kingdom. I told her she couldn’t be slow in the morning either.

Luckily, I got her out of the room by 7:15 so we could head for breakfast at Counter Service. I enjoyed my plain bagel & sparkling water while my mother had chocolate milk & a muffin. It accomplished its job of feeding us.

Lj5plaV.jpg

After breakfast, we went upstairs to the monorail & headed to the Magic Kingdom.

9RLqyHt.jpg

They were already setting up the Christmas Decorations for MVMCP & it was only November 1st. It was clear Halloween Season was over ;)

3d3Abtr.jpg

Or was it?

f8tsSWf.jpg

So confused Disney!

We got into the park & headed to the rope area as we waited for the park to open. After the morning show (we didn’t watch, we were on a mission!) we were walked with a rope to either Anna/Elsa or Mine Train - as we were going to Mine Train we were on that split off and kept having to ‘fight’ to keep our place in the line as people were very much trying to push past us. It was nice to walk through the normal queue even if it was at a quick pace as I’ve only ever done the FP+ one.

eZwD9dB.jpg

My mother enjoyed her first ride! I still think its just ok - if it wasn’t for her, I would have been ok skipping it because of the massive crowds. As her other request was that ‘Belle’ Ride, we headed to Enchanted Tales with Belle. THere was no wait yet so it wasn’t long until we were in the Cottage prior to being moved over to the Palace.

ouwATFB.jpg

mzfyb8g.jpg

sh7FHV5.jpg

AJ0Aeow.jpg

After we were done with our visit with Belle, my mother looked at me and said “That wasn’t the Belle Ride I remembered. It was in a Shell”

*headdesk*

She meant Ariel and she calls herself a Disney Fan?

Shaking my head at her, we went on a power run for rides - getting on Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and the People Mover until it was time for a snack of popcorn along Main Street.

4fxuZFF.jpg

vhTmOMw.jpg
AYLeVQo.jpg

I Think I Beat Her

We then went on Jungle Cruise and Pirates before another pit stop for food. I had seen on the DisneyFoodBlog that Golden Oaks now has special fries with fun toppings. I was able to get one customized to be plastic cheese, bacon, and ranch. They were good! At this point, my mother had wanted to get a Lobster Roll for her lunch once we made it our way back to that area of the park.

CEJZ4w2.jpg

vXPoD8d.jpg

WEydZjn.jpg

rTEr5T9.jpg

When then went on Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and were heading to Peter Pan when I saw a sight that was probably the trashiest outfit I’ve seen at Disney. Totally saw too much of her! My mother decided she didn’t want to wait in the line for the Lobster Roll @ Columbia House & would just eat at the resort when we got done with the rides.

nylnkjG.jpg

We enjoyed Peter Pan and then for our final ride, we did her Ariel Ride.

GWdKth8.jpg

vkSw2GD.jpg

And with that we left the park & it was about 1:00PM. We definitely had a busy morning! While on the monorail back to Grand Floridian, my mother decided she wanted Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch but once we go back to the hotel, the wait was going to be 45 minutes to be seated. No thanks! We headed to the counter service where my mother had the special burger (burger/pulled pork/onions) and I had a flatbread. The food was edible but nothing special.

zC6PwKu.jpg
rpJcD9p.jpg

We headed back to the room to relax a bit until it was time to head to EPCOT.

Back To EPCOT

Slightly before 4:00PM, we headed back out to my mother’s car and drove over to EPCOT as we had a culinary demo scheduled at 5:00PM. As it was Saturday Evening of a F&W Weekend, we had to park almost at the back of the parking lot so we needed to take the shuttle to the front of the park.

9NRy1DW.jpg

We headed straight to the Festival Center where we picked up our demo tickets and got in line. We still had about 30 minutes until it was time for the demo so I went and got us sparkling wine from the stand inside the center.

4nKDmos.jpg

We passed the time people watching until we were let in and we got a great seat for good views as Keegan & his wife were still prepping.

XcTVtFo.jpg

eEr4z5o.jpg

NAxQuRi.jpg

taHBAWW.jpg

They left the stage and we were greeted by Pam & the Winery Host. You could tell the winery host wasn’t too thrilled to be paired up with a sweet dish as it was a spanish wine that better worked with savory dishes and he flat out said that. He didn’t speak for long & Keegan finally came back out to start his demo and storytelling.

I always love his demos as he doesn’t let other people overpower his conversations, he is funny & tries to tow the Disney-friendly line well. He makes his dishes easy to understand especially as he shows how the ratios work. He also believes since this is the current biggest sweet trend in France, in about 2 years, this will be the biggest trend in the states as we have finished our cupcake trend and the macaron is in current swing.

XKWconD.jpg

We were served two different cream puffs. One savory (because of the wine) and one sweet.

i1LNK2p.jpg

Boursin Cheese

TMZWXNH.jpg

Raspberry

He went horribly over time but that was ok with us as he is always entertaining.

We headed back out the park so we could head to our dinner reservation.

Wow! That was a jam packed day! I'm not a huge Mine Train fan either. It's OK but not 90 minutes OK.

I like Megan Gerhard too. Interesting that our pastry trends follow the French. Ill be glad to see the macaroons go by the wayside.

Wow! That was a jam packed day! I'm not a huge Mine Train fan either. It's OK but not 90 minutes OK.

I like Megan Gerhard too. Interesting that our pastry trends follow the French. Ill be glad to see the macaroons go by the wayside.

It was a super busy day! It makes me tired thinking about it. When I go in December for my friend's wedding, I know its going to be as jam-packed if not more than that day. I'm only there for 2 nights & I'm going with some people that don't go often but want to see like everything!

Well, that is what Keegan says our pastry trends do. I guess in 2 years if those become popular, we heard it here first ;) I'm going to attempt to make the recipe at New Years as my friend is hosting a Paris Themed Party. I love macarons! They are so light & I don't feel bad eating multiples of them. My husband probably feels the same as you.

An Old Favorite

With Keegan running over time and having to take the shuttle back to the area of the parking lot, we were rushing to get to Citrico’s on time for our dinner scheduled there. We got there right at reservation time & were seated at a 4 top in the front part of the restaurant. They were busy! It took a little bit for our server to visit our table and when we took our drink order, we originally would going to split a bottle of wine. The wine we wanted though was sold out so my mother ended up getting a glass and I ordered whiskey drinks instead.

My mother started with the squash soup for her first course. As the bowl was almost licked clean, I think she liked it ;)

iWt57zB.jpg

Roasted Acorn Squash Bisque

For my first course, I went with the Arancini as I remember it being 3 small servings so that I could split it with my mother easily. Well, its changed so it was one large one now so sharing was a bit more difficult. Despite that, it was enjoyable!

flFVt4d.jpg

Arancini

My drink arrived

ThMW8YG.jpg

Manhatten

My mother went with another appetizer for her main meal. This has been one of her go tos for a while now.

itYFuxl.jpg

Sauteed Florida Pink Shrimp

I went for an entree different than I had gone for in the past. The pork was really nice but too large of a portion for the amount of room I had in my stomach.

dxYGdye.jpg

Berkshire Pork Two Ways

As we both were full, we skipped dessert. My mother paid the bill & we headed back to the room.

hlfaqf2.jpg

Looking Up To The Room

She played on her iPad while I watched Buying Alaska on the TV (I don’t know why that show is addicting to me!) It was daylight savings so I reminded my mother of that before we went to bed.

So funny your Mom and Belle! Next time you will have to qualify it when she wants to ride something specific...make sure she really means it! I love that you go to so many of the food demonstrations. Can't wait to read more!!

So funny your Mom and Belle! Next time you will have to qualify it when she wants to ride something specific...make sure she really means it! I love that you go to so many of the food demonstrations. Can't wait to read more!!

I'm 100% going to do that next time we go to Disney again. She was so adamant that it was the Belle Ride though as she talked about how she would never be able to get her husband to enjoy it with her again. Enchanted Tales with Belle made sense then knowing her husband.

I didn't actually do as many demos or special events as I usually do. This year was great for saving money for other things!

Sweet & Sour

On my last update, I mentioned it was daylight savings time. So when my mother woke up at “5AM” she looked at the clock on the microwave in the room. She figured it was an ok time to get showered & ready for driving home. She wakes me up to say bye and I’m like - crazy woman, its 4:45AM in the morning. She forgot completely about the Daylight Savings.

I rolled back over and went to sleep until a more reasonable time. I woke up at 7AM and got dressed. I had a plan of getting breakfast at either Whispering Canyon Cafe or Boardwalk Cafe prior to heading to EPCOT for my Sunday Mornings With Event. I got my luggage in the car, turn it on and I have the low tire light. The temperature had dropped about 40 degrees overnight so I had to go to the gas station to fill up the tank and fix the tire. I kept attempting to fill up the tires to make the light go away and couldn’t do it. Ugh!

I got to EPCOT prior to opening and giggled at how much people were complaining that is was cold in Disney. It is November! There is always a chance of cold weather but at least there wasn’t snow.

1ph8rQ2.jpg

DQFCmsa.jpg

I slowly made my way after park opening to the Festival Center where I checked in for the Sunday Mornings and got my assigned table card and hung out until 10AM when the event was due to start.

K81EA0I.jpg

ynrdluF.jpg

The tables were preset with some of the brunch items prior to sitting down so you would be able to enjoy right away. We were given a glass of the prosecco as we entered the dining area at the Festival Center.

EzRFVlb.jpg

vyN1NTQ.jpg

6puqZRK.jpg

2BF1fyk.jpg

The almond pastry was the best part of the first course of this meal!

So, here is the menu for the event:

uJhjHvR.jpg

The Menu

lb4t5AQ.jpg

Seared Free Range Chicken Breast, Lobster Cream Sauce, Oven Browned Potatoes

This dish felt like banquet food. It tasted ok but was nothing special & I wouldn’t order it if it was on a menu but as this event is heavily geared towards sweets, this savory beginning was a welcome prior to sugar overload.

As we were eating our meal, Keegan came out to start his presentation.

fsbRDn5.jpg

ifsDKkh.jpg

He is a great story teller and makes it very simple when explaining how to do something. He says pastry it is easy if you understand ratios needed which is really true.

The first course was served. These doughnuts were so light & sweet! The pink peppercorn jam helped balance it.

eWzsvQA.jpg

Vanilla Sugar Doughnuts w/ Strawberry Vanilla & Pink Peppercorn Jam

The demo for the meringue began where his wife showed the right type of peak to have prior to using for this dish.

yjYpmvQ.jpg

4HgNZoR.jpg

The 2nd course was served. The tart was actually an almond cookie which was nice. The lemon wasn’t too much which can happen for some lemon tarts. There was enough meringue to cut the tartness.

65p7TJS.jpg

Lemon Meringue “Tart” w/ Blueberry Compote

He began the demo for the molten “thingy” which he explained how molten cakes typically are just slightly undercooked flourless cake but for large scale events, chefs tend to put truffles in it when you have to serve many of them at the same time.

F2G4sQ4.jpg

To be honest, I didn’t eat much of the cake. I was full at this point and didn’t want to get sick during my drive home. The bite I had was tasty.

oK7IRYV.jpg

Chocolate Molten Cake “Thingy” with Pistachio Ice Cream & Macerated Raspberries

Overall, this event was great. As I’ve said in previous reviews for Sweet Sundays, it is entirely too much sweets too early in the morning. That won’t stop me from going to another Sunday Morning if the chef is worth it. That list of chefs isn’t large though so I guess it depends on who is there next year during my trip!.

As soon as the event was over, I left EPCOT. When I returned to my car, even with the rise in temperature, still had the low tire light. None of the tires looked low so I drove the 3 hours home on it but I think this is the first time I didn’t speed as I didn’t want to risk an incident. The next weekend I replaced 2 of my tires and the problem went away!

Trip #3 - Itinerary Comparison

Oct 30th
11:00AM - Leave Work
...left at 10:30AM
2:30PM - Arrive @ VGF & Check In
...arrived slightly before 2PM
3:00PM - Head to Magic Kingdom
...headed over there slightly earlier, got some yogurt & watched the Parade with FP+
5:00PM - Head Back to VGF to Change for Dinner
...got back to the room earlier and relaxed
...headed to Mizner’s for a drink & snack prior to Dinner
6:30PM - The Wave Signature Dinner
...yep! awesome signature dinner!

Oct 31st
...woke up earlier & failed at my attempt to run 8 Miles
9:00AM - EPCOT Opens
...Did rides until 10:45AM & started eating around the room
1:00PM - Elizabeth Culinary Demo
...yes
2:30PM - Head Back to Hotel
...headed back at like 2PM
5:00PM - Taxi or Drive to Swan/Dolphin
...drove to Hollywood Studios at 3:30 so my mother could ride Star Tours
5:30PM to 9:00PM - Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic
...yes! left right before 8PM though as we were full

Nov 1st
MK: 9AM - 12AM
EPCOT: 9AM - 10PM
HS: 8AM - 7PM
AK: 9AM - 5PM

5:00AM - Wake Up & Complete 8 Mile Run per Rebel Challenge Training Plan
...Nope - Had Tried The Day Before
7:00AM - Back to the room to shower & get ready + breakfast
...Well we did get ready and breakfast
9:00AM - Animal Kingdom Opens
...Went To Magic Kingdom Instead
11:00AM - Yak & Yeti
...No - ate at Gasparillas after Magic Kingdom
FP+ Selections
11:35AM to 12:35PM - Peter Pan
12:50PM to 1:50PM - Space Mountain (Changed to earlier)
1:50PM to 2:50PM - Thunder Mountain (Changed to Earlier)
3:30PM - Head Towards EPCOT
...headed there around 4:00PM
5:00PM - Keegan Culinary Demo
...yes
6:00PM - Head Back to Hotel
...yes
7:15PM - Citricos
...yes
9:00PM - Bed or MK if we missed something major

Nov 2nd
MK: 9AM - 9PM
EPCOT: 9AM - 9PM
HS: 9AM - 9PM
AK: 9AM - 7PM

8:00AM - Mom Leaves
...She left at like 5AM
8:30AM - Head to EPCOT
...yes
10:00AM - Sunday Mornings With...Keegan Gerhard
...yes
1:00PM - Drive Home
....yes

Overall, this trip felt like it stayed more on plan than the other two trips. Outside of not going to Animal Kingdom and getting 1 ride in at Hollywood Studios, we stuck to everything else.

Yum! I'm a sucker for sweets so that last breakfast meal looks delicious to me, haha. I've really enjoyed reading about all of your food journeys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter