Non-intimidating nightclubs in Vegas?

~Brandy~

Now closer to the mouse!
We're headed to the west coast for a Disneyland/Vegas trip next month to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary. While we're there, we'd like to go out dancing somewhere fun. However, we are NOT supermodel-thin, designer-clothes wearing kind of people, and my limited experience with Vegas nightclubs seems to be full of these people.

Where can a couple of normal midwestern folks in their 20's dress up a little and go out in Vegas and have a good time? For reference purposes, we loved Mannequins in DTD and are sad to see it go, because it was a fun place with drinks, dance music and (most importantly) normal people.

We're staying at MGM Grand but we'll go wherever! I appreciate any input.

I was just going to suggest Studio 54 in MGM Grand. Granted, it has been two years since I was last there, but it was low-key then. Things always change- it may not even be there anymore. I've been there a couple times. I went there when we lived in LV several yrs back. It was a dancing place, but there was no VIP roped off area or anything like that. I always hear about the Ghost Bar being selective, but my 50-something year old uncle was allowed in this past winter. I don't remember seeing tons of young kids there either.

Last December I took my 23 year old daughters to Vegas. They wanted to hit all the really popular places and I of course indulged them. We went to LAX at the Luxor, Pure at Caesars and Tao at the Venetian. I was not expecting to have a great time at any of them. Believe it or not, it's not all just young people at any of the clubs we went to. I danced for hours at Pure. Oh, I am 50. I never felt out of place and we had a terrific time.....also, we got in for free to all of them (probably because my two daughters are so beautiful), but we did get free passes given to us at a lot of the hotels and from the taxi drivers. Vegas is a great place for everyone and if there is a club you really want to visit, by all means do. It's a great town for everyone at any age.

Right across the street from MGM is NYNY, inside is the Dualing Pianos bar. Small and intimate, and you are sure to have a great time. Not much room for dancing though, it does get packed so get there early. Have fun!

Try the Dueling Pianos at Harrah's - performed by twin sisters Kimberly and Tamara - really fun! I brought my mom the last time she visited. It's in the bar by the sports book. The do karaoke from 6 - 9 and then the dueling pianos at 9 - just go about 8, during the karaoke, to get a good seat.

We found that the clubs change constantly. One time we went to Tao at the Luxor and had a great time, didn't feel a bit out of place. On the next trip we went there again and it was just not a happening place that night. Hardly anyone there, no one was dancing.

I'd ask the hotel concierge and taxi drivers for the hot spots.

If you are in downtown Las Vegas, the Gold Diggers nightclub at Golden Nugget is very laid back. I was there on a Thursday night recently and my friends were the only people on the dancefloor! There is a balcony that has plenty of tables and is great to watch people on Fremont Street, and an unobstructed view of the Fremont Experience. There is also no cover charge which is a big plus! I don't know about drink prices because I wasn't drinking.

Last year I went to Polly Esther's and had a blast. It was also a Thursday and there was no cover. When we got there at around 11pm, there were very few people there besides my group and some lonely-looking guys! They play mostly 80s music and it's a great, nonpretentious place to dance.

Try the Dueling Pianos at Harrah's - performed by twin sisters Kimberly and Tamara - really fun! I brought my mom the last time she visited. It's in the bar by the sports book. The do karaoke from 6 - 9 and then the dueling pianos at 9 - just go about 8, during the karaoke, to get a good seat.

I'll second this recommendation! We had such a great time the first night, we went back 2 more times! Each night is different and had different pianists each time. Definitely get there before 9 to get a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter