Norton pop-up ads on the DIS

I didn't get ads, but this morning I got a warning from Norton that someone was attempting to hack the site.

Been seeing it for several days on my desktop.....Avast has blocked a threat. Have not seen a pop up today.... guess they fixed it..... thank you !

Both for me. For a couple weeks on computer I've had this white "ad" box following my cursor all over. I've tried the normal tricks and nothing worked. Now this Norton thing is a pain because it says I have threats and need to click their buttons, ah no I close the window. It has been going on for about 4 days or so.

It started on my iPhone today. Almost every time I tried to open I get a huge window, ATT winner, Walmart winner .. again I can not close it must close entire window. Literally just happened again.

Really aggravating, may be best to step away a few days and hope they fix it.

I get that white box too, intermittently. It's very annoying!

I did still get the Norton thing a ton last night, but haven't see it this morning.

I Googled this because I haven’t been able to get on The Disboards because of the Norton pop up. Hope it’s resolved soon. I am actually surprised I am able to post this message.

I’ve had no issues today - thank goodness!

Logged off, stayed off about 24 hours, logged back in. Norton back and worse, now has screeching sirens. Then MY protector webroot keeps telling me DIS has security risks. White box still here and driving me nuts AND phone is completely unusable for Disboards. Everything else is fine. Getting takeover popups from "ATT" and "Walmart" offering me prizes.

Pop ups were there this morning still. Checked back in on the tech board thread. Someone suggested clearing cookies. I guess that makes sense since they have been working on it but there might still be remnants in our individual computers. I did that a few minutes ago and have been navigating without them. That could change at any moment, but these are the first page loads I've done without it in many days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter