"Not another newbie introduction!"

Garfieldo

It's hard to hear without ears. :(
Hey all! :goodvibes As you probably guessed, I just joined the site. So if I posted this in the wrong forum, put down your pitchforks and just use the report button. ;) Anyway, I thought I would make a thread here on the boards to introduce myself. I'm not new to forums, though, so I'm used to he whole "Read the rules, PM me if you have any questions, and have fun!" spiel. Guess you'll just have to come up with something *gasp!* creative. :p

The site looks great, and from what I understand, it's got a great community. It might take some getting used to for me, though. I'm used to forums that are strictly G-rated, so you can only imagine my surprise when I saw the forum for gays and lesbians. :rolleyes1 But just because I'm a goody-goody doesn't mean my posts will be boring, though. I'm going to HKDL next month, (October 2007) so you can expect an exciting trip report. :}

About me? If anyone here cares, one of my main interests is playing VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom). I've been playing since beta, so that should give you a pretty good idea of how extremely active my personal life is. :rolleyes: VMK is how I found out about DISBoards, though. Or, more specifically, Today in VMK, a site run by Aengus. Thanks, Aengerns! ;3

Alright, for all you eager newbie-helpers out there, I've got a little trivia question for ya'll: What exactly is a pre-trip report? I know what a normal is, but the whole pre-trip concept is new to me. The first person to give an answer shall get a gold star. Sorry, we're out of the home game. :[

So, did you read the whole post? If you did, then go get yourself a cookie. Come on, stop looking at that diet book. You've earned it. :upsidedow Garffy out!

Alright, for all you eager newbie-helpers out there, I've got a little trivia question for ya'll: What exactly is a pre-trip report? I know what a normal is, but the whole pre-trip concept is new to me. The first person to give an answer shall get a gold star. Sorry, we're out of the home game. :[

Hi and welcome:upsidedow

as for you trivia question

a PRE trip report
is a report of all the fun and excitment leading up to your trip
all the planning and preparing sometimes that is as much fun
as the trip itself

any other questions?????:)

No pitchforks around here! Flaming torches sometimes, but no pitchforks! :rotfl2: You have a great sense of humor and should fit in around here just fine.

Looks like you have searched around the boards and are familiar with them so lets try this--have you listened to a PODCAST? They are really neat. I just listened to my first one the other day and really enjoyed it. You sound much more tech minded than me and like you might even own one of them there fancy POD thingies so you probably wouldn't even have to listen at your computer like I do! :rotfl:

I read the whole thing, but still don't get the cookie. We also have a weight loss support board with a challenge currently going on so you can have mine with a beverage of your choice while you play VMK and listen to a Podcast :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Hi and welcome:upsidedow

as for you trivia question

a PRE trip report
is a report of all the fun and excitment leading up to your trip
all the planning and preparing sometimes that is as much fun
as the trip itself

any other questions?????:)

Thanks. ^_^ I had a feeling that was it, I just noticed that some threads had the actual trip reports in there, too, so that threw me off. I'll get you that gold star as soon as I have enough posts to use links. :rolleyes:

No pitchforks around here! Flaming torches sometimes, but no pitchforks! :rotfl2: You have a great sense of humor and should fit in around here just fine.

Looks like you have searched around the boards and are familiar with them so lets try this--have you listened to a PODCAST? They are really neat. I just listened to my first one the other day and really enjoyed it. You sound much more tech minded than me and like you might even own one of them there fancy POD thingies so you probably wouldn't even have to listen at your computer like I do! :rotfl:

I read the whole thing, but still don't get the cookie. We also have a weight loss support board with a challenge currently going on so you can have mine with a beverage of your choice while you play VMK and listen to a Podcast :thumbsup2

Meh ... sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, you just posted while I was writing. (In other words, I fell victim to Murphy's 3rd law of inconvenience. *Sigh*)

Anyhow, thanks for the friendly introduction! :D Though, despite my tech-mindedness I don't have an iPod. x( It's too expensive for me, sadly. Besides, nobody ever said that you needed food, water, oxygen, and $500 music players in order to survive. ;) So, I guess I'm stuck listening to podcasts using my shiny, band-new Vista. Poor, poor, pitiful me. :rolleyes: Speaking of podcasts, I've planning on starting listening to the one here on this site, and I'm even more eager to listen now, since you recommended it. I just hope a first-time listener like me will be able to follow everything.

About the whole weight-loss thing ... when I first saw the site, I had a feeling that you had forums for everything, but I never imagined it went that far. Well, I guess with all this information at my fingertips, I'll never need to buy books again! Then again, my eyesight's bad 'nuff already. :rolleyes: Back on the weight-loss subject, I have a pretty good tip for ya: dance. Yup, dance. Just put a CD in your computer, crank up the volume and boogie 'till the neighbours call the cops! :woohoo:

Smart.gif

There's that gold star I promised... ;)

I don't have any cookies.:confused3

Really? :o What about rocks shaped like cookies? And in case you can't find any of those...
Cookie2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter