Not our finest moment as a family..whats yours lol

In 2008, we were leaving Epcot. I thought I knew exactly where we parked, but that wasn't the case. My older sister got mad at me, but she couldn't remember where we parked either (she's such a snot and think she's smarter than me).

Had a fight with my 12-going-on-30 dd at EoS yesterday. I was tired of her attitude. I made her sit until she could speak civilly & respectfully. It was a LOOOONG lunch!

I've often posted on the threads about taking a child under 2yo to Disney, describing the benefits to the "they won't remember it anyway" people. What I've left out is the horrors of going with a mother still raving mad with postpartum psychosis. :furious:

DW would buy a half dozen different products for every need (pacifiers, bottles, diapers, whatever), figure out which one DD accepted or most liked, and demand that only that one be used. She would also refuse to throw out the rejects (that would be wasteful!) and usually kept them with the preferred one, and I was the focus of her fury whenever I brought her the wrong one.

We made an ugly scene at the entrance to Hollywood Studios one fine day in 2005 when she realized that I had brought the wrong pink, key chain sized bottle of baby sunscreen to the park, right in the front of a line in front of a poor Cast Member who wished she was anywhere else in the world at the moment. DW told me in no uncertain terms what a horrible father I was and I reached my breaking point and fought back. Of course she squashed me like a grape.

It's one of the moments that come to mind whenever someone asks me why we only have one child. :scratchin

My brother, DH and I arrived at MK for rope drop. I was on a mission to get to Splash Mt, and we were at the head of the crowd mass for the day. As we are going through Adventureland, my brother stops at a coffee cart. A COFFEE CART! This was not on my plan. Both he and my DH decided they needed coffee before they went a step further. After my initial shock at the unexpected stop, I begged, fussed, whined and generally was a pain about the fact that we needed to keep moving or will be in a line for 2 hours! Finally they finished their coffee and we took off again. Apparently if you wait the RIGHT amount of time, the hordes of people that rush past you all get through the line. Because by the time we got there, we walked right on with no wait. They STILL do not let me live that moment down. I did learn something about "schedules" and "taking it easy" that day. :rotfl2:

You know it's bad when the photo pass guy tells you to smile and "pretend " to like each other lol!!!

We live 90 miles south of Disneyland in San Diego and have had annual passes for the last six or seven years. Over time I have grown less and less fond of Disneyland and California Adventure to the point where we have decided not to renew my pass next year. My wife has accepted the fact she is just going to have to go without me in the future.

We went up last Friday and it turned out what will probably be my last visit to Disneyland for many years. I am a licensed amateur radio operator and I wanted to take my two-way walkie talkie into the parks. My plan was to use it while my wife was on attractions I don't like. I was stopped at the bag check and told by a officious cast member who was likely a lead that I couldn't take it into the park. When I showed him my license, his reaction was "So?" At that point I lost it, said "You know what? I'm done." and stormed back out the gate. I was standing back by the tram absolutely seething when my wife came back out. I calmed down somewhat and we agreed I would make the trek all the way back to the car with the radio, then we would go to guest services and complain.

At guest services we spent fifteen minutes with the cast member only to find out that the radio was prohibited because it could be "disruptive." they gave no real explanation as to why nor could they tell me why the little family radios you can buy at Walmart were acceptable and mine wasn't. We spent less than an hour in the park and then went and had an over-priced lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Downtown Disney. $53 for lunch and my wife ordered off the children's menu? Really? :furious:

We're headed to WDW in November for a week in November. This will be out third Disney vacation in as many years and I'm burned out. This trip is for my wife and is taking place this year because air fare to Hawaii (my choice) was too high and we had an offer to share a suite with friends that are members of the vacation club. So many of the attractions at Disney World are clones of those at Disneyland and California Adventure so I'm probably going to get bored after a while. We're already developing strategies to deal with the situation when I decide I've had enough. I think this will go a long ways toward making the trip more enjoyable, both for us and our friends.

Our meltdown was also at Epcot. All that walking always gets to us. Yet, I still call it my favorite park. :confused3 Maybe the problem is that my expectations are always so high and my kids just don't love it the way they do MK.

I'd been looking forward to taking my kids to the boulangerie/patisserie for the first time, showing off my high school French, and splurging on treats. DH and I had gone before without the kids. Well, older DD is nervous about trying new things and, like me, takes her time making decisions. We got to the front of the long line and she still couldn't make up her mind what she wanted. I was embarrassed, imagining the people behind us who had been waiting a long time, and snapped that she wasn't getting anything. She started wailing. When DH suggested some things for us to order, I snapped something about that not being what I wanted. :guilty: We all sat down outside with delicious treats to share, with DD and I bawling, DH and I calling the kids spoiled and ungrateful, and the kids all calling us mean. And I though I had reason to be embarrassed when we delayed the line. :rolleyes:

Oh dear I have a couple. We were driving down from Toronto in two separate vans. Before we left we agreed not to follow each other as that would be to stressful. But I was in the car with my girlfriend and grandparents, the other van was my mom, sister, and her family. So my granddad got all worried and started freaking out when we got to far ahead of them. I went for a nice walk to cool off in North Carolina while we waited 3 hours for them to meet us at a rest stop.

When we finally arrived all together following each other for 24 hours on the road which I did all the driving in. We decided to go to DTD for the night me and the girlfriend wanted to go for a nice dinner and get some drinks to unwind but nope my family wasn't allowing that. I just in the line waiting for the water taxi from pleasure island to the other side where all the shops are not great with remembering names kind of flipped out and said this is my vacation too the only one I've ever been on you guys come ever year, if I want to get drunk in Disney i'm going to get Disney drunk stormed off and got Disney drunk.

Funny one actually the girlfriend on the last day wanted a bunch of pictures with the photo people and all is going well taking nice photos, she decides about an hour before park is closing she wants a nice one for our last memory to put in her beauty and the beast glass picture frame she just got engraved. Ok no problem I want to go on splash mountain one last time as it turned into my fav ride. Well she got a little angry nothing dramatic and a quick hug and kiss couldn't fix she agrees to go on splash mountain then get the picture. Well we get seated first row and absolutely soaked. She freaks that we won't have a good picture and I ruined the last memory of Disney. So I eventually calm her down and tell her you won't even notice you're wet in the pictures if we just dry a little bit. She actually fully dries off in about 45 minutes I thought I was dry but when we look at the pictures when we got home it looks like I had peed my pants. So now I have a picture on my mantle of us in a beautiful frame with what looks like me having soiled myself.

I'm so glad to read these and realize we're not the only family to experience Disney with the thoughts of murder, dismemberment, divorce, or disowning family members!

Usually, none of our meltdowns are terribly memorable, I just know they inevitably involve me stomping off in a huff or silent treatment by my husband for at least a wait in a stand-by line!

Last Thanksgiving.....We had booked Le Cellier for our Thanksgiving dinner because its my adult kids favorite. We were then going to go to Japan for DD, DDIL and me to pick a pearl. This is something we look forward to very much every trip and this was the first time in several years all of my children were with me for Thanksgiving. After waiting 45+ minutes to be seated at Le Cellier and seeing numerous families nearly our size being seated, I complained. They told us the guests at "our table" we're being slow about leaving. After an hour my DH was furious as we were still the only people waiting. He got so angry that he walked out to go back to our resort. I asked for a manager. He stated over and over that I was right to be upset and that he was going to make it right immediately. However, you can't unring a bell and I was already heartbroken that my husband wasn't with us on our one chance to have this holiday dinner together. Then they take us in to be seated and not only was the table too small for all of us, but the restaurant was more than 1/2 empty! I started to cry and walked out. Cried all the way through Epcot, to the bus stop, on the bus and the long walk to my room. Missed "pearl diving" with my girls and was so unbearably sad I couldn't stop crying. Was angry at DH for walking out without me, too. I get sick remembering it. Will never go to Le Cellier again. They're not serving manna from heaven. We have always had an unbearable wait there and since I associate that restaurant with one of the worst days of my life it's out of the question. Had a better day the next day, but my meltdown still loomed over the rest of our trip. We're going again in 3 weeks and I'm prepared to insist on better treatment and not risk something like this happening again.

They SHOULD have compt'd your meal. Period.

Omg. This has to be the best auto correct ever! Lmao

Heck I thought that's what she wrote!:rotfl2:

Our first trip, back in 1994 was such a mess - my husband was in perpetual meltdown - I swore I'd never vacation with him again, and I didn't for 6 years.

In hindsight, we did everything wrong - worked all day and traveled at night - on a flight where we had to change planes. Got stuck in the back among a bunch of women with three kids each (dads hadn't come. smart men!) Rented a car and had trouble finding our way in the dark. Stayed at shades of Green. A/C was loud, so we turned it off and opened the balcony door. Mistake. I stepped on a frog in the dark. Too many crowds, not enough meals. DH got snockered one day. we never saw one parade or fireworks show.

After we figured out a few things - he has some issues with crowds, he's allergic to milk:headache:, gets low bloodsugar, etc. We have managed to have many very good trips in the last decade - even bought DVC - but I plan VERY carefully to keep him well fed and rested.

I have two that really stand out at me. The first when we took our now DD20 to disneyland when she turned four and she kept saying that all she wanted to do was go back to the hotel. We stood in line for over 30 minutes to see her favorite Minnie and by the time we got to the front she started to tell everyone that would listen. After I had a melt down and came back to talk to her we finally figured out why. We had bought her a Disney Barbie that came with all the little pieces they come with. We had told her she could not open it until we were back at the hotel.:rotfl2:

The other was 7 days into our first 10 day WDW trip. I read the tour books and boards and made sure we made rope drop almost every morning. We were on the WS trek and they were testing the Kim Possible game. DD4 and DD7 were suppose to share the device. We have never attempt that one again:lmao:

At our much-awaited dinner at Boma in February, my 2 year old had 3 blow out diapers in the span of about 20 minutes. Having gone through every diaper, wipe, and spare outfit we had with us, he spent the rest of dinner time screaming his head off in the lobby with his grandpa, while wrapped in a blanket. We sampled every item on the menu as fast as we could shovel it in, and went home to await the rest of us getting sick....and of course it happened the very next day. My mom had blamed my son's diapers on "too much apple juice" until she spent the entire day doubled over a toilet.

At our much-awaited dinner at Boma in February, my 2 year old had 3 blow out diapers in the span of about 20 minutes. Having gone through every diaper, wipe, and spare outfit we had with us, he spent the rest of dinner time screaming his head off in the lobby with his grandpa, while wrapped in a blanket. We sampled every item on the menu as fast as we could shovel it in, and went home to await the rest of us getting sick....and of course it happened the very next day. My mom had blamed my son's diapers on "too much apple juice" until she spent the entire day doubled over a toilet.

Thank you for this...I will be packing extra extra extra of everything! Ya just never know. So sad everyone got sick :(

We live 90 miles south of Disneyland in San Diego and have had annual passes for the last six or seven years. Over time I have grown less and less fond of Disneyland and California Adventure to the point where we have decided not to renew my pass next year. My wife has accepted the fact she is just going to have to go without me in the future. We went up last Friday and it turned out what will probably be my last visit to Disneyland for many years. I am a licensed amateur radio operator and I wanted to take my two-way walkie talkie into the parks. My plan was to use it while my wife was on attractions I don't like. I was stopped at the bag check and told by a officious cast member who was likely a lead that I couldn't take it into the park. When I showed him my license, his reaction was "So?" At that point I lost it, said "You know what? I'm done." and stormed back out the gate. I was standing back by the tram absolutely seething when my wife came back out. I calmed down somewhat and we agreed I would make the trek all the way back to the car with the radio, then we would go to guest services and complain. At guest services we spent fifteen minutes with the cast member only to find out that the radio was prohibited because it could be "disruptive." they gave no real explanation as to why nor could they tell me why the little family radios you can buy at Walmart were acceptable and mine wasn't. We spent less than an hour in the park and then went and had an over-priced lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Downtown Disney. $53 for lunch and my wife ordered off the children's menu? Really? :furious: We're headed to WDW in November for a week in November. This will be out third Disney vacation in as many years and I'm burned out. This trip is for my wife and is taking place this year because air fare to Hawaii (my choice) was too high and we had an offer to share a suite with friends that are members of the vacation club. So many of the attractions at Disney World are clones of those at Disneyland and California Adventure so I'm probably going to get bored after a while. We're already developing strategies to deal with the situation when I decide I've had enough. I think this will go a long ways toward making the trip more enjoyable, both for us and our friends.

The only thing you HAVE to do is the train tour.

My meltdown happened at Epcot. I totally lost my patience and my cool. It was over a battery. My son had bought a remote control toy earlier in our trip that of course did not come with batteries. We had looked in a couple of gift shops for the battery with no luck. But my son would not quit nagging about the battery. Finally, I saw the battery we needed in the Test Track gift shop. I thought it would be quick and easy to get it and go on to Soarin' before heading over to WS for fireworks. Nope. My sons started whining about something, DH was ready to go and I just wanted to make everybody happy. There was this one customer at the register that wanted to look at every single item in the display case and only one cast member. It took forever. I snapped at DH and my boys who were whining. DH snapped back at me. It was taking so long I finally sent DH over to Soarin' with the boys.

I was so sad as I walked over to meet them at Soarin'. They rode without me and that made me sadder. I sat on the bench waiting for them to come out. I almost cried. I was still upset with myself on the walk over to WS. I apologized to DH and DS. I worried all night that I had ruined our trip with my outburst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter