Not So Shocking Experience

I agree. I am new to this board thing (as you can see by my profile) and Jack was one of the first people to say hi and make me feel welcome (over on the GCH thread). Jack, if you're reading, hope ya reconsider and stick around.

I've been taking a break from the Dis since I don't have any upcoming trips planned, but pop in from time to time just to catch up on news. Sad and "shocked" to have caught this thread this morning.

Jack is a friendly, funny and helpful poster on this DLR side of the Dis community. If you are lurking, I hope you're not gone for good.

BlackJack, I look forward to your posts everyday. We all need a break sometimes, so that is cool. But, please don't "bow out" for too long.

I am going the end of August - regardless of the posts on how busy it is! I read your warnings and will heed your advice by having expectations that it will be uber busy. That said, I know what I am up against and am ready for the challenge. And that is because of your previous posts.

I love your honesty and appreciate all you give to this board.

Barbi

Oh no :( you (Jack) are one that I always check to see what you had to post on threads. Your posts are always helpful and insightful. Part of what makes the Dis fun!
I hope all is well and you reconsider :)

Like everybody else has said, I too, enjoy your posts! I really hope everything is okay! If you are leaving due to something on the boards, try to just brush it off your shoulders. That's one of my mottos and I've actually had to do it here on the boards when somebody wanted to override advice that I was giving. Anyhow, hope all is well with you Jack!

DOOD if you need a break take it but please come back cuz I love your Disney ol' skool attitude and I read every post you make.....:3dglasses

Like everybody else has said, I too, enjoy your posts! I really hope everything is okay! If you are leaving due to something on the boards, try to just brush it off your shoulders. That's one of my mottos and I've actually had to do it here on the boards when somebody wanted to override advice that I was giving. Anyhow, hope all is well with you Jack!

Re-read Jack's post and although he writes in "code", I think it's pretty clear what he's saying. How can somebody say that somebody else's advice is invaluable???

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "invaluable".

invaluable: adj. having great value that is impossible to calculate; priceless

I am absolutely in shock. Please don't stay away. I love reading your posts. You always have a unique perspective, and I love your no-nonsense approach to life.:goodvibes

I think he is pissed. He was going to write a long diatribe or thesis, but he went to another board instead. I'm hoping he realizes none of them are as good as these boards. I think he felt Hydro guy was being condescending. I thought so too, but I know things always don't come across well in print. I'm hoping he cools off, his daughter tells him how much we like and miss him, and he returns.

I just realized I hope I didn't piss off Hydro Guy. Where would we be without him!!!! Sorry if I did.:worship:

I think he is pissed. He was going to write a long diatribe or thesis, but he went to another board instead. I'm hoping he realizes none of them are as good as these boards. I think he felt Hydro guy was being condescending. I thought so too, but I know things always don't come across well in print. I'm hoping he cools off, his daughter tells him how much we like and miss him, and he returns.

I just realized I hope I didn't piss off Hydro Guy. Where would we be without him!!!! Sorry if I did.:worship:
Not even close. :hug:

I e-mailed Jack directly to see what happened. I do not think it is productive to explain what happened again. I did already and it will just be repetitive. If I came across as condescending, and apparently I did to some of you, then I messed up. It was kind if flippant on my part but was not intended to be negative in any way. I try very hard to be positive with everyone.

Not even close. :hug:

I e-mailed Jack directly to see what happened. I do not think it is productive to explain what happened again. I did already and it will just be repetitive. If I came across as condescending, and apparently I did to some of you, then I messed up. It was kind if flippant on my part but was not intended to be negative in any way. I try very hard to be positive with everyone.

This is definitely the biggest problem with computer talk (as opposed to good old-fashioned face-to-face conversation) - even with all the "smilies", it's not always easy to convey emotion and tone. This is why I post so rarely - my greatest fear is offending someone. I always (perhaps naively) just assume that everyone has the best of intentions. :goodvibes

^^Me too. I have stepped in it a few times thinking my writing could convey my joking. Doesn't always work. I'm sure he'll be back.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "invaluable".

invaluable: adj. having great value that is impossible to calculate; priceless

I can't help but wonder if this is the main problem here. The word "invaluable" does sound like it should mean not valuable so maybe that was the misunderstanding? Aside from that possible misunderstanding, i really didn't see anything in the post that would cause such a conflict. :confused3

I think we all have to remember to take things posted on the dis with a grain of salt and let it roll off. More often than not posts are not meant to offend in any way and I'm sure Jack knows this. He probably just needed a break. That being said... Jack come BACK!

Jack just posted a photo on the Disneyland photo of the day thread, so he is not completely gone.

Actually that was me.He asked me to post photo's but I can not using my login. He is on his way to Moyock, N.C. for a business meeting. They use private jets, so he can post from the plane if he wishes to do so. Just wanted to explain. Sorry!!

H

Actually that was me.He asked me to post photo's but I can not using my login. He is on his way to Moyock, N.C. for a business meeting. They use private jets, so he can post from the plane if he wishes to do so. Just wanted to explain. Sorry!!

H

Hope you don't think we are all nuts for wanting your dad back on the boards! I think it might seem a little weird to someone who just joined us!

Hope you don't think we are all nuts for wanting your dad back on the boards! I think it might seem a little weird to someone who just joined us!

It is kinda strange I might add. Never knew he was posting to this site for along time. He is pretty much a loner(expect for the 4 guys he works with) and his family. He very rarely gets into his Frank Castle mode when he is home, but boy he was the other day.

Nice to see his opinion is wanted and the outpouring of concern is AMAZING.

H

I hope that this doesn't deter you from visiting the board on a regular basis. You are welcome on here anytime! It's just unfortunate that you became a member of the board under these circumstances, and hope that everything works out for the best for both of you.

Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter