NOT to stir up trouble BUT....

FWDisFan

Mouseketeer
I am wondering why --if these are the DISNEY boards --why is Universal listed before Disneyland when you pull up the boards?? Just something that puzzled me when I started researching our Disneyland vacation! :confused3

I can't say that I know the answer, but my assumption has been that these boards were really developed to focus on WDW. (after all, it is wdwinfo). I think all the boards listed above Disneyland really have/had to do with WDW and Florida. Many people that come to WDW are interested in spending a day or two at Universal or Sea World in Orlando.

When I first started visiting these boards before a trip to WDW a few years back, the Disneyland board wasn't very active. It's really taken off the past year. Perhaps it deserves a promotion...

I'll third that promotion!

Calgal - your idea makes sense. I had even tried to make sense of it alphabetically, but Disneyland still comes before Universal!

SO we have 2 reasons to PROMOTE the DL forum higher on the list...1) it IS Disney after all and 2) alphabetically DL comes before Universal! :earsboy:

I fourth the promotion!
I have been faithfully reading and responding to the DL section of this website for over four years - Mods and MaryJo - I know you can vouch for me! Anyway, I feel the DL threads have really taken on a life of their own and deserve higher stature on these boards. We should be moved up in the chain of commands. JMHO :flower:

CalGal has it right.

Remembering back to the earliest days, it was how the progression of the individual boards developed. It was indeed originally solely a place for WDW. Pete lives in Central Florida and started the site from a passion for the place he enjoys most. From there, a few boards were added for other area attrations that WDW visitors might also be inclinded to go see while on vacation at WDW. Then, as more diversity of boards were added, a place for Disneyland came in.

Like CalGal said, there were very few posts on the Disneyland board in its infancy. I suppose laughing place was getting all the traffic.

While I agree that Disneyland certainly deserves higher standing, it seems that the general purpose of the boards is the same as it was originally - a place to discuss vacationing at WDW, and possibly other central Florida locations. So, I guess it will likely remain as is.

Well, I'll take it up with the webmasters!
some more history......the first few years of the boards Pete actually lived in New Jersey ! And yes, for the first few years we were up, LaughingPlace was our official "sister" site, and we did not duplicate content.We brought up the DL boards by request for "One stop shopping" :)

Judy -- You GO GIRL! :cheer2:

In all seriousness -- I know that originally the DL board was a quiet sleepy place....and FORTUNATELY for us trip planners and dreamers it has grown. BUT I almost missed it because when I hit "UNIVERSAL" on the boards I figured there was NO Disneyland forum. I wonder how many come looking for a DL board but don't see it buried under Universal? Just a thought!

:disrocks:

I send a link to this thread for the webmasters to read, then noticed that Tink33 had all ready posted it ! Between the two I am sure we will get an answer :).

Hi folks:

I can't say there was any method in mind when we did this. I know that the Universal boards were here before we added Disneyland content, but since I've been to DL more in the last few years, then Universal, I guess it is time for the promotion everyone is asking for.

Thx
Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter