NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all and welcome to the couple of newbies and Happy Birthday to ...someone?? I get my daily notification of updates to this thread, then when I finish reading, I go to the thread itself only to find MORE posts! :surfweb: Holy moly...I can't keep up!! But I sure enjoy reading everything and feeling a sense of camaraderie that is here! :wave2:

Now my "Disney" time is up for the day...back to work... :disrocks:

We have a group of 10 going to WDW (2 families). I just ordered the Photopass+, is there anyway to get all of our photos on there? If we seperate, can I give the other family my pass number so we have access to all of the photos?

Is this confusing anyone? haha.

Thanks...

I was interested in getting the Photopass+ deal too..we're taking 11 with us and thought that might be a good idea..always good to get the whole group in the pictures...:goodvibes

Okay...I want to see the castle all in lights at Christmas time...and I want to see the show with all the pics on the castle...but thinking about it made me wonder...will they still do the pics when the lights are added...will that work.

At any rate...I was told the lights go on around 6ish...what time is the pic show?

update: I just found out that yes they do both...now I just need to find out the time

Okay...I want to see the castle all in lights at Christmas time...and I want to see the show with all the pics on the castle...but thinking about it made me wonder...will they still do the pics when the lights are added...will that work.

At any rate...I was told the lights go on around 6ish...what time is the pic show?

update: I just found out that yes they do both...now I just need to find out the time

The Castle lighting is around 6:15 nightly. The Magic, Memories and you is about 15 minutes prior to the Wishes or Holiday Wishes.

The show on the castle is every bit as spectacular once th castle lights are installed.

I just realized that this thread (#2) is on page 215 already and mommyof3 just opened it on April 24th. :rotfl2: Looks like it is going to take at least 3 threads to get all of us to Disney in Nov. :rotfl:

I know! Chatty group...I love it! I was part of a Sept thread last year that went to 3 threads too.

Wanted to post again because I think my previous post got lost. This thread moves very fast. I step away for a minute and there are 3 pages to catch up on :rotfl2:!

We would like to be added to the November travelers party party: please. We will be arriving on Sunday, November 11th through the 16th staying at All Star Movies and attending MVMCP on Thursday, November 15th.

With my family there are 4 of us going - - me:figment:, DH:goofy:, DD 12:tinker: & DD 5:dumbo:, although we are still waiting to see if my DH12 can get the time off from school.

Also going down is my BFF with her DD7 and her parents.

After calling a couple of times we finally had a pin for FD which pushed us to book. We have decided on which parks we are going to be in each day. Now just need to book our ADRs. This is our first time on the DP and we have upgraded from QS to regular DP. Any must do suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!!!:dance3::dance3:

I would also suggest Crystal Palace if your daughters like Pooh at all. It's in the MK and we actually thought the buffet was one of the better ones at Disney. Also, at HS we like to eat at 50s Prime Time where the wait staff has a little fun with the guests. Whispering Canyon Cafe is the same way and the food is good at both places. For CS meals at MK, you may want to try Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. It is a little quieter and more relaxing than most CS places and the food is really good! Have a wonderful, magical trip!pixiedust:

What would you do?

OK, normally I hate credit cards, but I realize they are a necessary evil to some extent in today's world. As I have been rebuilding my credit over the last couple of years due to my last marriage, I recently started to get some good CC apps in the mail, and decided to do a couple for the purpose of using them on the trip instead of carrying a bunch of cash and my debit card, and then pay the bill off when I get home, but I got an interesting e-mail last night from the Citi Card I am getting.

Basically, they are offering 10% Cash Back for $100 gift cards purchased. Now I do not know if that is bought anywhere, or through them, or if they limit the amount spent, etc, but since I still owe $1300 on the trip which I have budgeted to pay off in July and August (entire trip w/ airfare is being done by cash via a budget worksheet), what's the harm in doing it via Disney Gift Card ($100 at a time) if I am getting $130 back, especially if I am paying the card off every month so no interest is charged?

I hate CC too, but it sounds like the deal they are offering is a good one. We buy our Disney GCs at our local grocery store when they offer 20 cents off a gallon of gas for every $50. When paying off a package, that adds up to a lot of free gas. Plus, we put it on our CC that pays us 5% when we use it and let me tell you, it's a thing of beauty!:thumbsup2 I agree that you need to read the fine print and/or call just to clarify everything, but it seems like a good deal. Good luck!

I was interested in getting the Photopass+ deal too..we're taking 11 with us and thought that might be a good idea..always good to get the whole group in the pictures...:goodvibes

If the other 'family' goes ona ride, tell them to get the photo number and then you have to go back to that ride with in 24hrs and they will put it on your card. Meal photos should be the same but if you are eating together, you can add it right there

If the other 'family' goes ona ride, tell them to get the photo number and then you have to go back to that ride with in 24hrs and they will put it on your card. Meal photos should be the same but if you are eating together, you can add it right there

Thats good info to know. :goodvibes I'm actually still debating the photopass. :upsidedow

My understanding is that the meal photos can't be added later. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the latest I saw. I'm guessing they don't want to hold onto a pile of photos for people maybe coming back later.

What would you do?

OK, normally I hate credit cards, but I realize they are a necessary evil to some extent in today's world. As I have been rebuilding my credit over the last couple of years due to my last marriage, I recently started to get some good CC apps in the mail, and decided to do a couple for the purpose of using them on the trip instead of carrying a bunch of cash and my debit card, and then pay the bill off when I get home, but I got an interesting e-mail last night from the Citi Card I am getting.

Basically, they are offering 10% Cash Back for $100 gift cards purchased. Now I do not know if that is bought anywhere, or through them, or if they limit the amount spent, etc, but since I still owe $1300 on the trip which I have budgeted to pay off in July and August (entire trip w/ airfare is being done by cash via a budget worksheet), what's the harm in doing it via Disney Gift Card ($100 at a time) if I am getting $130 back, especially if I am paying the card off every month so no interest is charged?

I would check the restrictions on the deal with the cc company.
Also, if you have a Giant S&S near you, they still have their GC deal going on this week. You purchase a $50 GC and get a $10 coupon back. Then if your store allows it, you can use the $10 coupon towards the next GC and so on. Last week I was able to get $1500 in gift cards and only paid $1200.

My understanding is that the meal photos can't be added later. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the latest I saw. I'm guessing they don't want to hold onto a pile of photos for people maybe coming back later.

they can also be added when you get home from the # on your reciept OR the # on the picture package. I should clarify, I meant you could add the other family(if you are eating at the same time) I did read somewhere that you could come back later to get the #

Epcot ADR's are open! :banana: I got a Le Cellier lunch AND a Coral Reef dinner. :banana: we may be giving up on the CLP. Can you hear the music outside?

Epcot ADR's are open! :banana: I got a Le Cellier lunch AND a Coral Reef dinner. :banana: we may be giving up on the CLP. Can you hear the music outside?

Music yes, even the words, but after watching from the top for a few minutes and then experiencing it by sitting in the stands with our passes, you get a lot more from being closer.

Music yes, even the words, but after watching from the top for a few minutes and then experiencing it by sitting in the stands with our passes, you get a lot more from being closer.

maybe I should still try to get the package then. I am debating between lunch and dinner. It may have to be the late one to keep Le Cellier!

Ive been playing around with my ADR's again-well not all of them, I am debating on just my Epcot day. I dont think we are doing the CLP because for 1, my mom was complaining about not having enough credits for her 3 meals a day. My girls want Coral Reef but we'd have to give up Chef Mickeys. I think Coral Reef is getting the boot to make way for Le Cellier! :banana:

Ive been playing around with my ADR's again-well not all of them, I am debating on just my Epcot day. I dont think we are doing the CLP because for 1, my mom was complaining about not having enough credits for her 3 meals a day. My girls want Coral Reef but we'd have to give up Chef Mickeys. I think Coral Reef is getting the boot to make way for Le Cellier! :banana:

Step away from the ADR's. :rotfl2:

I've been doing the same thing today, moving around ADR's. I think I should take
tigger30066's advice. Buttttt.... I can't help myself!

Step away from the ADR's. :rotfl2:

NOT my fault though... Le Cellier rocked the boat!!! :lmao: I didnt even want it this year because with a group of 9, I didnt think it was worth trying to get one...but since I snagged one today will alot of availability, I wanna keep it! :upsidedow so now I have to give the boot to something!

I was able to make 2 Le Cellier lunch ADRs and a R & C dinner. Once the list of places for CP Pkgs is announced and I see what they cost Iwill decide what to cancel. I am planning on paying OOP for the CP Pkg at this point if we do the lunch and one of the cheaper places as. Using 2 Credits seems like a waste :confused3

Anybody hear if Ohana has opened their ADR's yet? Still looking everyday? :confused3 Didn't really want Whispering Canyon, but took it in hopes to change to Ohana if it comes up.

Now you can officially add us too!! Nov 28-Dec 12!!! POR here we come!

I was able to make 2 Le Cellier lunch ADRs and a R & C dinner. Once the list of places for CP Pkgs is announced and I see what they cost Iwill decide what to cancel. I am planning on paying OOP for the CP Pkg at this point if we do the lunch and one of the cheaper places as. Using 2 Credits seems like a waste :confused3

I thought it was only 2 credits for Le Cellier at dinner? Maybe I'm wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter