***November 2016 check in***

Change of plans for us. We will be going December 11-15. I got an e-mail last week for 40% off a room at DLH (only valid in December) and I just couldn't pass that up.....Kind of bummed though, that we have to wait another month to go...Hopefully some of you guys will do trip reports to curb my withdrawals...

Change of plans for us. We will be going December 11-15. I got an e-mail last week for 40% off a room at DLH (only valid in December) and I just couldn't pass that up.....Kind of bummed though, that we have to wait another month to go...Hopefully some of you guys will do trip reports to curb my withdrawals...

Wow! What a deal! Yeah, I'd be changing plans too. Have fun.

Finally able to say I am coming to DLR/DCA with my mom and sister!! We will be making a quick trip 11/21-11/22 and we are staying the night at Candy Cane Inn!! Scared of what the holiday crowds may be like, but it will not put a damper on my visit to the original House of Mouse!! :)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just checked the Hyperspace Mountain page of the Disneyland website and looks like it's coming back after the Ghost Galaxy overlay! Woohoo! Can't wait to ride it.

Space Mountain makes the leap to hyperspace as Star Wars invades the classic high-speed, outer space adventure—returning November 3, 2016.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/hyperspace-mountain/

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just checked the Hyperspace Mountain page of the Disneyland website and looks like it's coming back after the Ghost Galaxy overlay! Woohoo! Can't wait to ride it.

Space Mountain makes the leap to hyperspace as Star Wars invades the classic high-speed, outer space adventure—returning November 3, 2016.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/hyperspace-mountain/

Oh happy day!!!! I was hoping we'd get to experience that on our trip!! :flower1::yay:pixiedust:

I just got a new job which means I no longer have the entire week of Thanksgiving off anymore. :(

But, with an AP in hand, I'm going to do a very quick solo trip Fri, 11/25 and leave late Sat, 11/26. Hopefully that's enough time to see all the holiday-related things. :)

Lucky! I've still got 48 days before I walk through the gates. But I keep telling myself, there's plenty of living to do between now and then. Now...how to keep my mind off it....

I know. I was just thinking 'I'm at 34 days which means Monday I'll be at 29 days and then the Monday after that I'll be at 22 days....' You know. While I'm trying to do my job that pays for such things. Must. Concentrate.

hey, Disney veteran types...:) I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with...
This is my first trip and I do not fully understand how the lines work. I assume there are separate lines for people buying tickets and those who already have tickets. My mom bought all the tickets online. We can print them out before our trip. Do we just bring that paper to the booth? Can I scan the print out to my Disney app? Do we need to get it validated in some way? Will they give us some other form of "ticket" that's not a print out? Do we need to be in a different line to do that? Help! sorry for the question bomb! pooh:

hey, Disney veteran types...:) I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with...
This is my first trip and I do not fully understand how the lines work. I assume there are separate lines for people buying tickets and those who already have tickets. My mom bought all the tickets online. We can print them out before our trip. Do we just bring that paper to the booth? Can I scan the print out to my Disney app? Do we need to get it validated in some way? Will they give us some other form of "ticket" that's not a print out? Do we need to be in a different line to do that? Help! sorry for the question bomb! pooh:

I hope you have a blast on your upcoming trip!! From my experience, I just brought a print out of the online ticket right up to any turnstile at the entrance and they scanned it and gave me a paper ticket so I could reenter the park. I believe they can also scan the ticket right from the phone, but I am not 100% sure.

I hope you have a blast on your upcoming trip!! From my experience, I just brought a print out of the online ticket right up to any turnstile at the entrance and they scanned it and gave me a paper ticket so I could reenter the park. I believe they can also scan the ticket right from the phone, but I am not 100% sure.

thank you! that makes sense.

Hi everyone! New here... We are headed to the parks November 7 and 8! 37 more days.

Hi everyone! New here... We are headed to the parks November 7 and 8! 37 more days.
Welcome!

I'm contemplating adding another day to our trip so we don't have to drive home in the "day before Thanksgiving" traffic. I don't know. I considered surprising the kids by doing one night at an onsite hotel in addition to our other nights at HOJO, but I'm not sure I can justify $350-$600. Could add another night at HOJO, but wanted to do something special. Maybe we'll just suck it up and drive home in the traffic and spend the money on something fun at the parks instead. Any thoughts?

Welcome!

I'm contemplating adding another day to our trip so we don't have to drive home in the "day before Thanksgiving" traffic. I don't know. I considered surprising the kids by doing one night at an onsite hotel in addition to our other nights at HOJO, but I'm not sure I can justify $350-$600. Could add another night at HOJO, but wanted to do something special. Maybe we'll just suck it up and drive home in the traffic and spend the money on something fun at the parks instead. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't add an onsite day that I couldn't take advantage of EMH.

We'll be there 11/28-12/3, staying at the Anabella. I'm a little nervous about the hotel since I don't see anyone ever discussing it on the DIS, but a friend stayed there and said it was great.:confused3

We went to DL in 2013, but I'm considering this my family's first "official" trip since my son, then 8 months, is now 4 and just hit 42 inches this week, thank you Jesus!! My daughter is 7 now and tall enough to do every ride!
It's our first time going around the holidays, and we're suprising the kids the night before we leave. Lots to be excited about!

57 days until we walk through the gates!!!! :banana:

Last edited:
Heading back to DL November 4-9 after skipping a couple of years while I was pregnant and our twins were super young. Looking forward to introducing them to all the magic! Staying at PPH :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter