November 2020

6 more nights at home before we go! I have hit that stage before the trip when I just want to wrap the house in bubble wrap before we go, which is now only amplified with Covid.

Is NY accepting these tests? CT won't accept rapid antigen tests :\
As of right now yes they are, although those I know who have traveled since the new requirements have not been asked for anything at the airport in Florida or NY. You can get the test when you land in CT though and then not quarantine correct?

As of right now yes they are, although those I know who have traveled since the new requirements have not been asked for anything at the airport in Florida or NY. You can get the test when you land in CT though and then not quarantine correct?
That's definitely what the bulk of us will do, my oldest and husband want to get it done ahead of time. If they have to wait though they have to wait, so be it.

I just saw that our airport has testing when we arrive back home. If the oldest two want to plan their own trip to test that's on them now, I no longer feel compelled to worry about it lol

Last edited:
Fingers crossed we’ll still be able to fly into Orlando on Friday! The latest from the NHC shows it between Gainesville and Jacksonville on Friday at 7:00 pm.

We live in Houston so are unfortunately used to these kinds of storms. So the rain doesn’t bother us as it looks to be fast moving, but the issue is just the flight being able to get in. Obviously a lot can change with the track between now and then but ugh 2020!

Luckily we’re there for a week, so can push stuff by a day or so and not miss too much of the trip.

SPOT ON.....it a slightly backwards way...this is good news. Things will come open.....we all believe for you....and I'm pretty sure CruellaNY has secret pixie dust.
Secret pixie dust, please! Not sure if it's because it is prepaid, but I've seen lots of other good things pop up (BOG, Toppolino's, etc.) but not another CRT for Friday... still hoping...

Ugh @jgl130 that stinks, I thought Eta would be a done deal by the end of the week but apparently I wasn't paying attention. Hopefully it weakens more and flights aren't disrupted.

Secret pixie dust, please! Not sure if it's because it is prepaid, but I've seen lots of other good things pop up (BOG, Toppolino's, etc.) but not another CRT for Friday... still hoping...
I wish there was something I could do for you :) It doesn't really have anything to do with being pre-paid, it's all de pendent on what people drop between now and when you're looking for and that's just such a coveted restaurant! But as you see openings DO pop up; do you have a search set up with TP or Mouse Dining or an agent looking for you?
People cancel "last minute" and it's often within a week to a day or two of their reservation. Right now there are also folks who are still on the fence for their Nov./Dec. trips and have dining but may end up not going at all. I know it's a pain but keep looking and good luck!

5 more days and I am so excited. I have to work every day between now and the day I leave and the hours are d r a g g i n g! Today I finalized my Instacart order and tomorrow I am getting my hair colored. Whee! I also managed to find a replacement ressie for H&V that was cancelled last week. Still no luck on my 7am Chef Mickey's, but hopefully it will pop up before next week.

I wish there was something I could do for you :) It doesn't really have anything to do with being pre-paid, it's all de pendent on what people drop between now and when you're looking for and that's just such a coveted restaurant! But as you see openings DO pop up; do you have a search set up with TP or Mouse Dining or an agent looking for you?
People cancel "last minute" and it's often within a week to a day or two of their reservation. Right now there are also folks who are still on the fence for their Nov./Dec. trips and have dining but may end up not going at all. I know it's a pain but keep looking and good luck!

Thanks! I've got the TP / Mouse Dining / Mouse Watcher searches going, and I keep checking the Disney site like a crazy person... LOL!

5 more days and I am so excited. I have to work every day between now and the day I leave and the hours are d r a g g i n g! Today I finalized my Instacart order and tomorrow I am getting my hair colored. Whee! I also managed to find a replacement ressie for H&V that was cancelled last week. Still no luck on my 7am Chef Mickey's, but hopefully it will pop up before next week.
Congrats on the H&V!!! Good thoughts for Chef Mickey's! :)

I know this is petty but I so wish there was hair braiding at the resorts. I am completely inept at doing my hair and I have the wonderful ladies by the pool Dutch braid my hair a couple times each trip. So if any of you see a very disheveled looking middle aged woman walking around POP next week, it is probably me!

I know this is petty but I so wish there was hair braiding at the resorts. I am completely inept at doing my hair and I have the wonderful ladies by the pool Dutch braid my hair a couple times each trip. So if any of you see a very disheveled looking middle aged woman walking around POP next week, it is probably me!

we all have our little things. DS10 is due for a haircut. In my mind I keep thinking no big deal, trip is in 2 weeks but then I remember Harmony Barber Shop is still closed. He's one that does not like his hair cut and will complain all get out unless its at MK - then he loves his hair cut lol.
Also, DD is 12. This would have been her last trip to the BBB. She has gone every year since 3. I have a photo book made up with each visit and each FGIT. I was hoping her last visit to have some of the FGIT's sign for her and to present it to her there, so I'm still sad about all of this. I know it's small compared to what a lot of other things given up (for instance like my nephew's graduation ceremony last year) but it still hurts.
I'm also wondering if it's these little things that are making it hard to really get excited over this trip too. I want to go and have fun but there's a part of me that also wants to just cancel and I even still feel guilty for considering going.

@Funfire240 I totally get it! Hopefully you will have fun once you are there and all those "little things" won't seem so important. It's hard though, I understand completely!

We fly down tomorrow for our belated 30th anniversary trip! We stayed at the Contemporary for our honeymoon and my husband suggested we go back for our anniversary. I have an AP and go to WDW 4-5 times a year, but my husband hasn't been since 2009! There were still paper fast passes back then and no My Disney Experience. Lots of changes since he was last there!

Can you currently enter a hotel you are not staying at for mobile dining?

do you have a resort reservation onsite anywhere? or are you staying offsite?

I think you can if you show that you had mobile ordered? but i'm not 100% sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter