November 2022 Exercise Challenge "Celebrate the Season"

I got my exercise taking a 35 minute walk around the office today. I was there by myself today and I didn't have much to do. It was really good to get up and stretch my legs. I think I'm going to try to take walking breaks at work more often from now on!

piglet1979 and sophy1996 have both reached Candy Corn Orange! And Oneanne is really rocking it so far this month and has reached Pilgrim Purple!
Disney-Thanksgiving-Coloring-Page.jpg
I found another super cute Disney Thanksgiving coloring page! May be a fun way to occupy the kids and kids at heart while waiting on dinner to finish up.

Thanksgiving kind of gets overshadowed by Christmas at Disney World, but if you ever happen to find yourself in the parks on Thanksgiving Day (expect big crowds), here are some places where you can find some Turkey-day inspired meals!

In the Magic Kingdom, Liberty Tree Tavern has a Thanksgiving style meal every day called the Patriot's Platter, which includes Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac and cheese, and seasoned vegetables. The Diamond Horseshoe has similar fare.

In Epcot, Garden Grill offers Chip n' Dale's Harvest Feast. This is a similar spread to what you'll find at Liberty Tree, but instead of Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, you'll get an Apple Cake with Caramelized Apples and Streusel. (I'm drooling). In the American Adventure, starting the day after Thanksgiving, there's a American Holiday food booth as part of the Festival of the Holidays. The booth will have Turkey with Stuffing and some fixin's in addition to a Pumpkin Cheesecake. Coral Reef and Le Cellier both have a Turkey Plate for Thanksgiving, though I'm sure they're different somehow. If you're interested in quick service, Sunshine Seasons will have a Thanksgiving meal on offer too. Refreshment port will offer a twist on traditional Thanksgiving food with Turkey poutine.

In Hollywood Studios, Hollywood and Vine will have Thanksgiving add-ons to the usual buffet. 50s prime time will have a Holiday plate with traditional Thanksgiving foods. The Hollywood Brown Derby will offer a more elevated version of this meal with their Carved Herb-Roasted Turkey breast meal.

Surprisingly, Animal Kingdom has options too! Tiffins will have a Thanksgiving plate with a Turkey Roulade! Fancy! This plate comes will a ton of sides too: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, green bean casserole, dressing, gravy, and cranberry gel. Tusker House will add Thanksgiving-ish foods to the buffet. Even some of the quick services are participating in Thanksgiving. Restaurantosaurus will have an open-faced Turkey Thanksgiving sandwich and Satu'li Canteen will have Turkey bowls.

Of course, Disney Springs has a ton of options for Thanksgiving meals too, but maybe I'll cover those options on another day.

Got in 50 minutes tonight! 10 on the exercise bike and 40 walking inside. It got cold here today all of a sudden and it was super rainy. A great day to stay inside, for sure!

Today will be part two of my last post, covering the Disney Springs dining options for Thanksgiving day meals.

If you think of Irish step dancing when you think Thanksgiving, that's a bit odd, but Raglan Road will have you covered with a Butter and Herb Roast Turkey meal on November 24th. It comes with something called Duck Fat Roasties.... intriguing. STK and City Works Eatery & Pour House also have Thanksgiving meals on offer with turkey and traditional sides and trimmings, but City Works also will have Prime Rib if you're not a turkey lover. Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' will have a special Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich, which sounds like a fun twist on a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Planet Hollywood and The Edison will both have pretty standard Thanksgiving meals. Winebar George will have a Turkey-based meal as well as a Grilled Delmonico Steak for the special day.

If you don't want to go to a sit down restaurant, The Earl of Sandwich will have a Holiday Turkey Sandwich and Everglazed Donuts will have a Thanksgiving Donut piled high with festive toppings like sweet potato fries, candied pecans, bacon, and a marshmallow drizzle. I think the donut sounds pretty filling!

If you want to make your own version of the Earl of Sandwich Holiday Turkey Sandwich, here's a recipe! Looks messy, but good!
1668228179155.png

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I didn't do much exercising, but I cleaned up around the house a bit, did some crafting, wrote a little bit, did all my grocery shopping for Thanksgiving (so I don't have to fight for ingredients next week), and generally stayed warm and cozy inside. Today was gloomy and rainy all day, setting the Monday mood. I got 30 minutes on my exercise bike today, though, and cleaned a little more.

Congrats to Raya for reaching Bountiful Blue and for deciding to do the work to get back to running again! We'll be rooting for you, even if you complain. :teeth:

If you're looking for Thanksgiving activities with a Disney touch, maybe you could use one of these "Oh So Thankful" cards! Everyone can write down what they're thankful for before or during the meal and then share what they wrote! I think this is a lovely way to remember to stay grateful this season!
1668484671558.png

945 minutes since last check in - mostly horses, some intense cleaning and decluttering involving stairs and moving furniture, walking

1550/1800 (might have undervalued my goal this month)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Got 40 minutes in on the exercise bike tonight while watching a Thanksgiving Dessert cooking video. My mind and my body were definitely in two different places...

We have lots of color changes to report! sophy1996 and PollyannaMom have both reached Pilgrim Purple and Twilight Sparkle is our first to reach Pie Pink!

Since I'm in a dessert mood, how about these Mickey Pilgrim Cupcakes? The topper is made from fondant, which I'm not a big fan of. I wonder if it would be possible to use oreos and chocolate to create this look instead?
1668577139302.png

Since I'm in a dessert mood, how about these Mickey Pilgrim Cupcakes? The topper is made from fondant, which I'm not a big fan of. I wonder if it would be possible to use oreos and chocolate to create this look instead?
I bet you could a do a chocolate dipped Oreo for the same effect. If you wanted to get crazy fancy you could do chocolate dipped and decorated with gel frosting. But then, I'll do anything to avoid fondant... :P

I only have 10 minutes to add today from some bed time yoga (I'm about to fall asleep as I type this).

Meanwhile, Oneanne has reched Pie Pink!

I've been looking forward to sharing this since the beginning of the month. Since Thanksgiving is now just a week away, maybe you are considering what to do after your meal? Well, this is a list of movies on Disney+ which are perfect for the occasion! Many on the list will help you transition into a Christmassy mood!

Nov 10 -- 15
Nov 11 -- 0
Nov 12 -- 16
Nov 13 -- 7
Nov 14 -- 0
Nov 15 -- 13
Nov 16 -- 60 (Fitbit gave me 10 zone minutes though I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes)
Nov 17 -- 20 (Giving myself 20 instead of the 72 fitbit is giving for zone minutes. I know I didn't do that much)

Total --303/600

I am pretty annoyed with Fitbit and these zone minutes. I need to get better and marking my time down. I have a ReMarkable tablet so I think I will use this to try and keep track of my time.

+60... did better yesterday

750/900... 83%

I'm going to my Sister's for Thanksgiving and I'm not sure she has Disney+, but I sure wouldn't mind watching Home Alone. When it originally came out I was a couple months away from moving from the Washington DC area to Chicago and I think I saw it 4 or 5 times just soaking it all in. I recently read that they redecorated the interior of the house so that every room was red and/or green so that the scenes would be 100% holiday immersive and it is fun to pay attention to that while watching the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter