***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

Today was my first ADR date and the new dining system is driving me a little crazy this morning. I hit "make reservations" right at 9am, in my portal and frazzled, I booked my dinner in Downtown Disney first when I should have gone straight for Trader Sam's. We are staying at VDH - not sure why I didn't just go for TS knowing its popularity! Though, I'm not even sure it was showing up. After booking our dinner, I went back to the main page and kept refreshing.

Trader Sam's wasn't even listed but then 3 times appeared. Two in the early afternoon, one at 10:55pm. I begrudgingly selected 10:55pm (We are coming from the east coast lol) but got the error page. Went back 10:55 was gone. Refreshed again, 10:55 up again, I booked it. Went back to see if any times were added and I saw 4:00pm and 9:20. Jumped on the 9:20, then canceled the 10:55. Now I see 1pm is available. Still hoping to find an earlier timeslot.

Throughout all of this, I saw a variety of times appear and disappear for multiple restaurants. Do they load times at random? Should I keep checking throughout the day for an earlier reservation?

If you have room for Trader Sam’s at a later date of your trip, try before 6 Pacific. Two days in a row this week, it was available to me at 5:20 am Pacific, with wide-open availability. I think maybe because of our DLR resort reservation? Only Trader Sam’s though, not Carthay or Lamplight or Oga’s. (By the way, all those Sam’s times went in less than a minute at 6 am Pacific.)

The times may be going in and out as people change their minds or don’t finalize reservations.

If you have room for Trader Sam’s at a later date of your trip, try before 6 Pacific. Two days in a row this week, it was available to me at 5:20 am Pacific, with wide-open availability. I think maybe because of our DLR resort reservation? Only Trader Sam’s though, not Carthay or Lamplight or Oga’s. (By the way, all those Sam’s times went in less than a minute at 6 am Pacific.)

The times may be going in and out as people change their minds or don’t finalize reservations.

I tried earlier but the 13th wasn’t available for me to select at all via the TS page or the regular dining reservation “portal” until 9am EST, and we are at VDH so I guess that didn’t make a difference lol. :(

Today was my first ADR date and the new dining system is driving me a little crazy this morning. I hit "make reservations" right at 9am, in my portal and frazzled, I booked my dinner in Downtown Disney first when I should have gone straight for Trader Sam's. We are staying at VDH - not sure why I didn't just go for TS knowing its popularity! Though, I'm not even sure it was showing up. After booking our dinner, I went back to the main page and kept refreshing.

Trader Sam's wasn't even listed but then 3 times appeared. Two in the early afternoon, one at 10:55pm. I begrudgingly selected 10:55pm (We are coming from the east coast lol) but got the error page. Went back 10:55 was gone. Refreshed again, 10:55 up again, I booked it. Went back to see if any times were added and I saw 4:00pm and 9:20. Jumped on the 9:20, then canceled the 10:55. Now I see 1pm is available. Still hoping to find an earlier timeslot.

Throughout all of this, I saw a variety of times appear and disappear for multiple restaurants. Do they load times at random? Should I keep checking throughout the day for an earlier reservation?
I was looking for Trader Sam's the last few days, too. Right at 6am I'd see evening times, but then 5-15 minutes later the lunch reservations showed up. I'm not sure why that is, because most restaurants drop all reservations at the same time.

Also, as Sophy 1996 said, different times will pop up because people cancel reservations sometimes while they're figuring out what they want to do.

If you don't get the time you want, you can set up a dining alert and might get Trader Sam's that way. Just google "Disney Dining Alert" and you'll find the website. It's free for 6 dining alerts, or $10 a month if you want more.

I tried earlier but the 13th wasn’t available for me to select at all via the TS page or the regular dining reservation “portal” until 9am EST, and we are at VDH so I guess that didn’t make a difference lol. :(
Same thing here. I was expecting to be able to book early because we're at the Grand, but it didn't open until 6. In the past when I've stayed on property I was able to book up to an hour early.

The Haunted Mansion Candle dessert, I thought I read somewhere, but can't remember where now that's it's only here until November 9th?

Does anyone else recall seeing that?

Thanks for this tip! I actually checked at 4:45 am eastern today for November 14th and Trader Sam’s was wide open! I was also able to book our World of Color dessert party. Looks like I’ll be waking up super early the rest of the week so I can (hopefully) get Trader Sam’s a few more times later in our trip (didn’t really want it for the 14th but figured I’d book it because I could and will cancel what we don’t end up wanting).

My daughter and I are taking a short trip from 28 Nov til 1 Dec. We are staying at the Grand Californian. I am renting a scooter this time because our previous trip (May 2023) was a disaster. Between my spinal issues and having constant vertigo, I barely enjoyed myself (photos proved that!). We are really looking forward to the Christmas decorations.

I didn't think I'd go to Disneyland before the end of 2023 but circumstances are just right, so I had no other choice but to book another trip 🤪

November 25-29 my husband and I will be staying with my parents at a RV park. 5 day park hoppers. We haven't been in 2 years, and there's already so many new things to see! We love Disneyland during the holidays, but we actually told ourselves that we'd go for Halloween season next but for some reason it always works out better for us to visit during the holidays. My parents are retired and drive all over in their RV. They will be in SoCal this winter and of course have to squeeze in some Disney time. So we are able save a lot by having a free place to stay! And for an early Christmas present they got us half of our airfare and we paid for the rest with miles so our only cost is park tickets + food! Can you see why I couldn't say no to this trip lol.

Usually my trips are several months out so this is short notice! I am happy that dining reservations aren't out yet so I have time to plan where we want to go. I also saw that the Holiday Tour is coming back (is this the 1st year back since covid or was it back last year?). Anyone else interested in the tour/could share how it was in more recent years? We did the tour in 2014 and loved it.

So excited!!

We're scheduled for November 12-13 and will be staying for the first time at the King's Inn. The prices of the nearby hotels on Harbor hurt my cheap soul. We're in good shape for walking and might try using the shuttle at the Toy Story Lot.
I've stayed at King's Inn multiple times and enjoyed it. Try to get a room closer to the front if you can, your feet will thank you. But all in all the walk isn't bad at all. We usually end up doing ride share a handful of times but it's still cheaper than Harbor hotels. Ive never used the TS shuttle, thats a good idea for next time. We will always book King's Inn because I'd rather go to Disney more often so the more I can cut the price of the trip the more often I can go lol.

I didn't think I'd go to Disneyland before the end of 2023 but circumstances are just right, so I had no other choice but to book another trip 🤪

November 25-29 my husband and I will be staying with my parents at a RV park. 5 day park hoppers. We haven't been in 2 years, and there's already so many new things to see! We love Disneyland during the holidays, but we actually told ourselves that we'd go for Halloween season next but for some reason it always works out better for us to visit during the holidays. My parents are retired and drive all over in their RV. They will be in SoCal this winter and of course have to squeeze in some Disney time. So we are able save a lot by having a free place to stay! And for an early Christmas present they got us half of our airfare and we paid for the rest with miles so our only cost is park tickets + food! Can you see why I couldn't say no to this trip lol.

Usually my trips are several months out so this is short notice! I am happy that dining reservations aren't out yet so I have time to plan where we want to go. I also saw that the Holiday Tour is coming back (is this the 1st year back since covid or was it back last year?). Anyone else interested in the tour/could share how it was in more recent years? We did the tour in 2014 and loved it.

So excited!!
How exciting! Of course you had to book that trip! You'll have a wonderful time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter