November 30, 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Happy New Year to everyone - I hope you have all had peaceful and enjoyable christmas holidays!

Also, welcome to Karen89 and tessasmom, I have added you to our roll call.

We will be sailing on the same cruise as you all! It's myself, DH and three kids 11, 9 & 6 (at time of sailing). It's our first Disney cruise but second cruise for dh and I.

There is so much to read on this board but I have just under 700 days to catch up! I am interested in a FE group. Is that organized close to our sailing date?

Welcome Blake!! This cruise meet thread is so active already, which is great! You are going to LOVE cruising DCL, especially your kids! We just did the Dream back in Dec and it was our first DCL. Totally spoiled now!

I'm glad you are interested in an FE!! As far as I know nothing has been started, but after participating on the Dream I don't think it's ever to early to start planning. Especially if you are hand making things. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome BlakeNJ! I have added you to our roll call.

As tessasmom said, we haven't started an FE yet. (I've never even participated in one since it has never been possible to find room for that additional luggage, since we always have international flights with lots of luggage restrictions, and usually need to pack for rather long holidays. I know, poor us. ;))

If anybody feels like organizing the FE, I will be happy to add any information to the first post!

:welcome:Tessasmom and BlakeNJ. Glad you are all joining us.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone had a great new year. :cheer2:

I don't know much about FE. Are they homemade gifts you exchange or can it be anything? I've never participated in anything like that so it is all new to me.

Welcome :wave2: tessasmom and BlakeNJ. I'm glad to see there are more of you joining us! :woohoo:

The FE sounds like lots of fun. I just learned about them after reading someone's trip report. I'm not certain I fully understand how a FE works but I think it is something my family would enjoy.

Welcome Blake!

So we have our room assignment, cabin 9674. Feel free to add our room number to our thread's information. Hope everyone is well and having a great 2012 so far!
We will be sailing on the same cruise as you all! It's myself, DH and three kids 11, 9 & 6 (at time of sailing). It's our first Disney cruise but second cruise for dh and I.

There is so much to read on this board but I have just under 700 days to catch up! I am interested in a FE group. Is that organized close to our sailing date?

annichan,

Were you able to see the Fantasy while its been in Germany? I'm not certain where you live in Germany so I didn't know if you had the chance to see it for yourself.

:)

annichan,

Were you able to see the Fantasy while its been in Germany? I'm not certain where you live in Germany so I didn't know if you had the chance to see it for yourself.

:)

No, unfortunately not! It is a bit far, about three hours' drive from where we live to the shipyard. We did the tour to visit the Dream (just of anyone's interested, this was my report about it), but we didn't really want to do it again.
We were also lucky to see the Dream in Hamburg, very near where I live, for final repairs before it crossed the Atlantic (wrote about it here), but as far as I know the Fantasy doesn't have a Hamburg stop planned :confused3.

No, unfortunately not! It is a bit far, about three hours' drive from where we live to the shipyard. We did the tour to visit the Dream (just of anyone's interested, this was my report about it), but we didn't really want to do it again.
We were also lucky to see the Dream in Hamburg, very near where I live, for final repairs before it crossed the Atlantic (wrote about it here), but as far as I know the Fantasy doesn't have a Hamburg stop planned :confused3.

Thank you so much for sharing the trip reports from your visit to the Dream. I really enjoyed them. What a neat experience it must have been to visit the shipyard - and how lucky you were to be there while the Dream was being built. :woohoo:

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Anni I loved your pictures of the Dream. How exciting that you were able to visit the ship before it set sail. Thank you for sharing the links, I would never have seem them. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, We sailed the Dream for our first cruise back in November we re booked and just settled on this date a few weeks ago. My name is Brooke, hubby James our kids and ages at time of sailing. Justin 9, Natalie 7, Ashley5.

:welcome: Brooke. (If you are on facebook we have a group over there.)

Hi everyone, We sailed the Dream for our first cruise back in November we re booked and just settled on this date a few weeks ago. My name is Brooke, hubby James our kids and ages at time of sailing. Justin 9, Natalie 7, Ashley5.

Hi Brooke, welcome to this thread! I have added your info to our roll call on page 1.

Since there are more and more of us, do you all think it would be better to organize the roll call list alphabetically?

Hello everyone:wave:

This is my first post over here on the DIS boards. I have been on the passporter boards for years. However I don't think there is as much DCL action over there. So I wanted to come over here and meet some people we would be cruising with. :thumbsup2

My name is Ginger. I am married to Zach and have two lovely girls Belle(10) and Maddy(8). We live in Northeast Ohio in Canton. You know home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. :rolleyes: We will all be cruising on the Fantasy. I can not wait!!!

This will be our 5th Cruise with the girls. Our very first cruise was our Honeymoon on Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. Our first cruise with the girls was on Carnival to the Western Caribbean. We have been on three Disney Cruises. Twice on the Wonder-3 Night Bahamas and we just took the 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream in October. I am FINALLY getting a 7 night DCL vacation. :woohoo: Been wanting to go to the Eastern Caribbean for a long time now.

We are DVC members. We own at BLT but oddly enough have not stayed there as of yet. :rolleyes: The girls and I are headed to Kidani Village in March. We are definitely looking forward to that. :yay: We typically travel to Florida twice a year.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you! I'm sorry but I don't remember my stateroom number right now. I think we are on deck 9 midship if I remember correctly. I will send Valerie a friend request so I can meet up with all of you on the FB page as well. :flower3:

This is my first post over here on the DIS boards. I have been on the passporter boards for years. However I don't think there is as much DCL action over there. So I wanted to come over here and meet some people we would be cruising with. :thumbsup2

My name is Ginger. I am married to Zach and have two lovely girls Belle(10) and Maddy(8). We live in Northeast Ohio in Canton. You know home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. :rolleyes: We will all be cruising on the Fantasy. I can not wait!!!

This will be our 5th Cruise with the girls. Our very first cruise was our Honeymoon on Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. Our first cruise with the girls was on Carnival to the Western Caribbean. We have been on three Disney Cruises. Twice on the Wonder-3 Night Bahamas and we just took the 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream in October. I am FINALLY getting a 7 night DCL vacation. :woohoo: Been wanting to go to the Eastern Caribbean for a long time now.

We are DVC members. We own at BLT but oddly enough have not stayed there as of yet. :rolleyes: The girls and I are headed to Kidani Village in March. We are definitely looking forward to that. :yay: We typically travel to Florida twice a year.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you! I'm sorry but I don't remember my stateroom number right now. I think we are on deck 9 midship if I remember correctly. I will send Valerie a friend request so I can meet up with all of you on the FB page as well. :flower3:

:welcome: Ginger and family! I am sure you will love the 7-day cruise - so much time on the ship (even though I've found that you still don't ever manage to do all the things you want to see and do :lmao:).

I have added your info to the roll call in the first post. Even though I am also now part of our Facebook group, I admit that I am not very active on Facebook so I will probably more often be found here than there. If I forget to pick up any information regarding seating, celebrations etc. that you post over there and would like to see added to our roll call, just let me know.

BTW I just received the little information booklet for the cruise in my mail yesterday and it made me look forward to the cruise all the more :goodvibes

Hi all, just wanted to make a correction. On the roll call it shows our DD as 21 months. At the time of the cruise she will be almost 4! Our baby is growing up so fast!

Also, I wanted to see if there was any interest this far off in a Fish Extender (FE) exchange? I really hope so, as we had so much fun doing ours on our Dream cruise this past December. For those who don't really know what it is, it starts with a list of who's in. You give your cabin #, who is in your cabin and their ages and male or female. You will have to have a "fish extender" that hangs on the clip outside your cabin. You can make one ( there are many ideas as to how to do this on the board) or purchase one. We bought ours on Ebay, they also sell them on Etsy. Then you just come up with a secret gift you would like to give out! You can do per cabin or per person, whatever you are comfortable with. It can be simple, store bought or handmade. It's really more about the exchange and fun of coming back to your cabin to goodies! It's NOT just for kids! There are many threads about fish extenders and a very good one on homemade gifts people have made to give out. Once we decide if we want to do one, we can go from there. I would be willing to organize and handle it if we decide to do it. :woohoo:

:welcome:Ginger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter