November 30, 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Hello everyone! I haven't checked in here for awhile... I can't believe how many pages we are at. Anyway, I just got back from a three night cruise on the Dream at the beginning of February and we had so much fun. My only complaint was that it was way too short! Between arrival day and having to disembark early on the last day it felt like it was only two days. We are so looking forward to this cruise next year.

Hello everyone! I haven't checked in here for awhile... I can't believe how many pages we are at. Anyway, I just got back from a three night cruise on the Dream at the beginning of February and we had so much fun. My only complaint was that it was way too short! Between arrival day and having to disembark early on the last day it felt like it was only two days. We are so looking forward to this cruise next year.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Dream! We are looking forward to this cruise next year too. Its been almost four months since we booked this cruise. Hopefully time will keep chugging along so our cruise can get here quickly. :thumbsup2

Well I still hope you get to go on our cruise, but we'll wait and see what happens. You need to do whats best for you and your husband. Keep us updated!

Of course I'll keep you updated, we'll just see how things work out in the end. At the moment, I am rather happy planning theoretically for two different cruises - as long as I don't think too much about the fact that only one of them is going to happen :rolleyes:

Hi, great to hear you had a good time on the Dream! I can't blame you for thinking a three-night short, I didn't even manage to do all I had planned to on the 11-night Med cruise last year! If I lived a bit nearer to Florida though, I would definitely want to do a 3-night to check out the Dream. Such a pity that I happen to live 4700 miles and an ocean away from Port Canaveral :confused3

I totally understand. When things start adding up it does get expensive. Though tell your DH most large ships you never notice you are on them. We've never sailed a small ship (less than 4K passengers) and wouldn't know what to do with myself on a small boat. I've always thought smaller ships meant more movement. :confused3

I hope everyone has had a happy Valentine's day! It is unfortunately not such a big thing here in Germany, but my DH heard it mentioned on the radio and called me to say happy Valentine's day, that was unexpected :goodvibes

I must admit that we are not so sure anymore that we will really be taking this cruise ... :confused3
We haven't cancelled yet, but we have done the maths for the trip we were wanting to do (adding another week at WDW on top of the cruise as it isn't really worth doing the expensive transatlantic flight for just a week's vacation), and altogether it ends up becoming really, really expensive. :headache:

Then there is the issue of DH not really wanting to sail on such a big ship, I thought I had him pretty much convinced, but a couple of weeks ago he said again how he really feels uncomfortable with the size of the ship and the amount of people, and how he would much rather sail on one of the classic ships. I'm pretty sure I could talk him into it and he would end up doing it just to please me, but I don't really feel comfortable doing that to him just for my own sake.

So now we are looking to see when and if the Magic West-bound Transatlantic is announced. The East-bound is extremely affordable, so if the West-bound one ends in the same price range, we would pay about as much for 14 nights on the Magic as we would for 7 nights on the Fantasy. And the flights would only be one-way and therefore also slightly cheaper ...

Noting definite yet, just wanted to say ... If we really end up cancelling, I'll let you know and we can see what to do with the roll call in the first post ...

How fun.

Oh boy, who else is riveted to all of the Fantasy arriving in NY pictures?? I can't wait for the Christening and hoopla over the next few days!!!

Just reminding. If you would like to participate in the FE (fish extender) you can send me a PM and I will add you to the list!

Just stopping in to say Hi! I haven't stopped in over here for awhile. I promise to do better! ;) There has been so much excitement over the Fantasy making it to New York! I haven't had much time to keep up with it all. :rolleyes: I set the DVR for Good Morning America this morning. Hopefully I will catch up with that soon.

Right now I am getting excited as we only have 25 more days until our trip to WDW. :banana: (Isabelle wanted me to use that dancing banana!) This trip is just me and the girls. Our yearly spring break trip when we leave Daddy at home. :dance3: I can not wait. Our winter has been quite mild here this year. But I am definitely ready for some Florida sunshine.

Well...just wanted to say hello to everyone. Have a good evening!

Just stopping in to say Hi! I haven't stopped in over here for awhile. I promise to do better! ;) There has been so much excitement over the Fantasy making it to New York! I haven't had much time to keep up with it all. :rolleyes: I set the DVR for Good Morning America this morning. Hopefully I will catch up with that soon.

Right now I am getting excited as we only have 25 more days until our trip to WDW. :banana: (Isabelle wanted me to use that dancing banana!) This trip is just me and the girls. Our yearly spring break trip when we leave Daddy at home. :dance3: I can not wait. Our winter has been quite mild here this year. But I am definitely ready for some Florida sunshine.

Well...just wanted to say hello to everyone. Have a good evening!

I hope you have a great trip! We have to wait until June for our trip to WDW but at least it gives me something to look forward to.

Wow, can't believe I've missed so many replies since yesterday! Also really excited about the Fantasy in NYC, more so since our own first ever visit to New York is now less than six months away :yay:.

Have a great day everybody (and belleandmaddysmom, have a great time at WDW!),

Annichan

I've enjoyed seeing all the video's that have been posted about the Fantasy sailing. It sure gets you very excited. :yay:

I missed the GMA showing. My friend is working in the kids area and she said they did a taping for it and I guess she was on it. :thumbsup2 Hopefully they'll be some videos of the segment floating around somewhere.

Anyone hear who the Godmother is yet?

I've enjoyed seeing all the video's that have been posted about the Fantasy sailing. It sure gets you very excited. :yay:

I missed the GMA showing. My friend is working in the kids area and she said they did a taping for it and I guess she was on it. :thumbsup2 Hopefully they'll be some videos of the segment floating around somewhere.

Anyone hear who the Godmother is yet?

I think the Godmother is Mariah Carey.

HI FELLOW DISNEY CRUISERS:rotfl2: I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE, TALKING FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS ABOUT THIS CRUISE. WE HAVE 2 DISNEY DREAM CRUISES COMING UP IN FALL OF 2012. ONCE THEY ARE DONE WE WILL BE PLATINUM CRUISERS. SOOOOOOOO I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF BOOKING THE NOV30th FANTASY CRUISE 2013. I RECOGNIZE A COUPLE FELLOW DISBOARD CRUISERS HERE:rotfl2: REMEMBER ME!:scared1::rotfl2: RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE LAURA (DW) AND MYSELF IAN. BY THE WAY JULIA I WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLL ABOUT ST MAARTEN FROM NOW UNTIL NOV 30th:rotfl2: WE HAVE BEEN THERE A FEW TIMES, THE SAME WITH ST THOMAS.

Oh boy, who else is riveted to all of the Fantasy arriving in NY pictures?? I can't wait for the Christening and hoopla over the next few days!!!

Just reminding. If you would like to participate in the FE (fish extender) you can send me a PM and I will add you to the list!

HI JULIA:rotfl2: GUESS WHO!!!!! I SEE YOU ARE RUNNING THE FE:worship: ONCE I HAVE CONFIRMED WITH JUDI ABOUT THE CATERGORY ON THE SHIP YOU CAN PUT US DOWN FOR THE FE:thumbsup2
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WERE GOING TO RUN A SECRET SANTA?

HI FELLOW DISNEY CRUISERS:rotfl2: I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE, TALKING FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS ABOUT THIS CRUISE. WE HAVE 2 DISNEY DREAM CRUISES COMING UP IN FALL OF 2012. ONCE THEY ARE DONE WE WILL BE PLATINUM CRUISERS. SOOOOOOOO I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF BOOKING THE NOV30th FANTASY CRUISE 2013. I RECOGNIZE A COUPLE FELLOW DISBOARD CRUISERS HERE:rotfl2: REMEMBER ME!:scared1::rotfl2: RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE LAURA (DW) AND MYSELF IAN. BY THE WAY JULIA I WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLL ABOUT ST MAARTEN FROM NOW UNTIL NOV 30th:rotfl2: WE HAVE BEEN THERE A FEW TIMES, THE SAME WITH ST THOMAS.

Welcome to our meet thread, I have added you to the roll call!

Can you please remove my name and all information including my cabin number from this cruise thread immediately? We are still going on this cruise, but for personal reasons I do not care to mention, I will not be participating in this thread or the Facebook page I established. Effective immediately I am deleting the Facebook page, as well.

Thanks for understanding and respecting my privacy and wishes. I hope everyone has a great cruise!

Hi Rhode Island Quahog,

of course, I have removed you from the roll call as you wish. Sorry to hear that there have been problems, have a great cruise!

I just wanted to let everyone know that our cruise group does have a NEW Facebook page for anyone interested. If you search on FB it is called the Fantastic Fantasy Voyage 11/30/13. You can send a friend request to me, Julie Persaud Lehman and I can add you to the group! We will be discussing our cruise plans while getting to know each other before we sail! :cool1:

Hope to see you there!:woohoo:

I don't know about all of you, but after the Fantasy pictures I have seen I am even MORE excited about this cruise!! My TA was at the preview and she took some magnificent pictures that I posted to the Facebook page. :cheer2:

Oh, WELCOME dvc deernut!!! You were such a fun sailing partner on the Dream, Sam and I can't wait to sail with you and your lovely wife again!!:yay:

For everyone on this cruise, dvc deernut is a laugh riot and you are going to love sailing with him!:upsidedow

Oh, WELCOME dvc deernut!!! You were such a fun sailing partner on the Dream, Sam and I can't wait to sail with you and your lovely wife again!!:yay:

For everyone on this cruise, dvc deernut is a laugh riot and you are going to love sailing with him!:upsidedow

:rotfl2:AS LONG AS I CAN MAKE PEOPLE LAFF, IM HAPPY:rotfl2: DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR LAFFING AT ME OR WITH ME:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter