• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Exercise Challenge--No stuffed turkeys here! Time to get moving. :)

So....does anyone want to host December?

I will take it, if no one else steps up, but it will be the same as this month, where we are out of town here and there. :) It is definitely a good motivator for me.

Kate - congrats on your 1/2 PR - 31 minutes off, that's great!

Rose - thanks for hosting November. I'm probably not good for Dec, but I'll take a month early next year.

Missed my goal this month, but I'm good with where I am, and I finished strong with 7 miles this morning.

Total for Nov 1317/1500.

See y'all in December ::yes::

15 strength
30 cardio

Well...after no workout for a week, at least I ended November with one!

If I set another exercise goal, it will be from mid-December (after I return from WDW) to mid-January (until I go on an extended vacation).

went for a walk and then finished up a 30-day planking challenge.

88 minutes

826/1000

Not meeting my goal, but still proud of each minute.

1150/1300

Including an attempt at the treadmill on turkey day and an attempt at running outside today. Too much ice. Booo! Gotta learn how to use the treadmill I guess.

Any tips for the mental endurance part?

Kate- that is a smokin PR! Great job!

Hmack- you are so hardcore with the headlamp. I am jealous :) very cool!

Rose - so sorry you got glutened. :( speaking of beer, have you tried omission yet? It actually tastes like... Beer. Seriously.

Rose - so sorry you got glutened. :( speaking of beer, have you tried omission yet? It actually tastes like... Beer. Seriously.
Thanks. :) I tried it--and I really liked it....but I had the swollen stomach thing afterwards. It is gluten "removed" not gluten free. From what I read, some people can handle it and some people can't. :( I really like New Planet, but it is so expensive and so high in calories!

As for the tm--I do intervals. I can't just get on there and go without changing things up. I get too bored. So I just make up an interval and change things up. I have been working on speed. So I will go 3 minutes at 6.2-6.5 and then walk 3 minutes. Then the next running interval try to go a little faster, etc. And I always have music. :) I also found that the tm helps with my walking. I routinely walk 4.2 to 4.4 mph now without too much trouble.

Adding 100 minutes more , mostly at the Gym. Bored on the treadmill today, so tried some new machines for arm strength and leg strength. Added some more walking.

Total for November is 850/1250........thanks for hosting!

Getting ready to update through post #229. :)

In case you were wondering:

As a group we completed 18502 minutes of exercise out of a collective goal of 25899 for a completion percentage of 71%.

Great job everyone!

Hmm... I made it to 90% on my exercise goal AND 90% on my weight loss goal... wonder if there is a correlation there :lmao:

Darn! I had to take a few days off because of my back, so I missed my mark. Oh well, December, here I come!

Previous 1210 minutes plus:

11/20 30 mins treadmill
11/23 60 mins treadmill and swimming
11/27 90 mins warmup, run 10K, cool & stretch
11/30 270 mins; Saturday Warrior Class (obstacle course, spin, boot camp, cardio boxing and HIIT/RIP

Thanks, Rose! :wave2:

I have only 90 minutes to add, which includes
11/28 - Turkey Trot 5k and walking before and after (60 minutes)
11/29 - walking perimeter of the outlet shopping center (30 minutes)

Brings me to 1390/1300.

So....does anyone want to host December? I will take it, if no one else steps up, but it will be the same as this month, where we are out of town here and there. :) It is definitely a good motivator for me.

If I knew how to do spread sheets on a phone or iPad I'd help out. Sorry.

Updating through post 236.

Final stats:
19283 min completed out of a goal of 25899.
For a completion percentage of 74%.

Great job everyone!
This is probably my last update since the new thread is in full swing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter