• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Exercise Challenge--No stuffed turkeys here! Time to get moving. :)

225 min run this morning

WOW MrsAR, I am in awe! That is fabulous :cool1: Good for you!

It's so cold and rainy here, and I hate the treadmill, so I've only had short walks with the dog most of the week, and a quick 2 mile walk this morning by myself.

I'm at 1127/1500.

Well a little over an hour at the gym today. My legs are cooked spaghetti haha

700/800

Not sure I'm going to make it :(

916/1300

Adding 90 mins from yesterday. Got super dehydrated from not drinking as much water - you still sweat in the cold! Stay healthy everyone.

I wanted to share a running epiphany I had yesterday and figured some you wonderful folks would understand. I set out for my run yesterday which included a mile long stretch that is pretty hilly that I wanted to run a total of 4 times. I was coming back from stretch #2 toward the end where I would have to turn around to go back up and down it for the last 2 times and encountered to unsavory type characters. I smiled and offered a cheery hello, but realized that my current route would take me past them 2 more times, and to be honest I did not feel threatened, but really did not want to tempt fate. I knew I could just alter my route and keep heading forward and work my way back home, and this is exactly what I did. Actually I felt so good that I ended up running an extra mile. As I walked the last blocks to my house as a cool down the epiphany hit and it hit hard- One year ago had this same thing happened I would have just run home as I was only a couple of blocks away when I encountered the need to alter the route and chalked it up as fate telling me I did not need to go long that day. The difference a year later I realized is how important exercise and moving my body has become to me, and to be honest heading home never even crossed my mind instead it started clicking away on how I could still get my long run in and which way I should take to run from there! Really kind of proud of myself! Thanks for letting me share!:woohoo:

Wow - it was cold and crazy windy out there today. Wind-chill of 6 degrees. It's so hard to run when the wind keeps knocking out your breath.

Cardio and a bit of strength.

49 minutes

599/1000

Didn't go hiking today as planned but I did get in 30 mins strength training so that's something.

700/900

I've been so busy getting ready for our family Thanksgiving dinner this past Saturday, cleaning and organizing our new master bath, dressing area and walk-in closet, and organizing for our trip away for Thanksgiving. I feel like I've had plenty of workouts. LOL!

New minutes:
11/25 - 25 minutes elliptical and 45 minutes strength and core (personal training with Killer Kyle).

Brings me to 1300/1300!

I'm doing a 5k on Thanksgiving morning and I'm sure I'll have other minutes this week, so I'll try to update later in the week.

Thank you, Rose, for hosting!! :hug:

966/1300
Adding 50 mins strength and a chilly run.

Huckleberrykate - I am not picking on you because I have been in the same situation more than once and probably made the same choice, but I want to offer another perspective. I TOTALLY agree that seeing your recognition of the importance to exercise is a great thing! It's nice when the little things that used to be excuses are no longer good enough. It shows a positive change in priorities and evidence of a healthy lifestyle.

However, there are times when it's just not worth one more mile. Runners are very guilty of feeling invincible, but we are not. Consider the fact that if someone did try to run after you, they would be chasing you on your tired legs, not fresh legs. Even out of shape men can run pretty fast. Also consider that two or more is enough to easily overpower one. I was followed quite recently in my very small, very safe town - it really opened my eyes to how easily these things happen. My husband came to get me and he was more than happy to do that when I explained why.

The immediate choice is between a shorter workout and a longer workout, but remember the real choice (and we don't always know it at the time) might be between one last workout and years more to come.

I don't want to make anyone paranoid, or fearful, but we are responsible for our own safety as much as our fitness. It's running safety month, after all! There are always other routes and days, and a simple call to the police is not overreacting if you feel unsafe. It's their job to know what's going on. You did the right thing by looking them in the eye and addressing them directly - that can be a good deterrent. But please don't let the joy of being healthy and fit outweigh the necessity to ourselves and our loved ones to be safe as well.

updating through post 196 :)

I'm pretty late in joining, so I'll just go with 100 minutes for the remainder of the month.

Starting today I have 20/100.

It's better than doing nothing!
Heather
Added you in Heather! Glad you could join us. :)

An hour of BodyStep and a little bit of other stuff.

630/800

Well a little over an hour at the gym today. My legs are cooked spaghetti haha

700/800

Not sure I'm going to make it :(

Ok, quoted both of your updates. I think you might be missing an hour. I don't keep track of every entry, but rather an ongoing total. Anyhow, I had you at 630 before your update (see above) of 630. Anyhow, I entered you as 700, but I am wondering if maybe you are missing 60 minutes. :)

I wanted to share a running epiphany I had yesterday and figured some you wonderful folks would understand. The difference a year later I realized is how important exercise and moving my body has become to me, and to be honest heading home never even crossed my mind instead it started clicking away on how I could still get my long run in and which way I should take to run from there! Really kind of proud of myself! Thanks for letting me share!:woohoo:

Great story thanks for sharing. I think it is great that you both altered your route AND didn't let those unsavory folks keep you from your goal for the day. Those are the kind of mental shifts/aha moments that we need to cling to when we are having bad days, or when we just need a little extra reminder of how far we have come. Congrats to you!

Mrsdrake--I see you missed the part where huckleberrykate changed up her route home. Thanks for letting us know that you re-read the post. :) As a woman who often runs alone, I have definitely been nervous on occasion. We all definitely need to be safety conscious.

Ok, I am probably not going to make my goal, but I am going to keep trying. I hope everyone is having a happy, healthy week! :)

Congrats to Cam and HuckleberryKate for reaching your goals in November!! :cool1:

Congratulations! :banana: :cool1:

I'm just not putting in enough time for workouts - something I need to improve upon. I got in 27 minutes tonight (cardio DVD), in between laundry and checking work emails. Only 2 more days til I leave for a week on my vacation! My goal is to get in at least 45 minutes tomorrow night to put me over 700 minutes. And then I hope to get in more on Friday and Saturday on walks with my brother and his dog. Plus, I'm taking a workout DVD with me.

Total 656/1000

endured an annoying father/son combo at the gym. That should earn me some sort of bonus points - trust me.

strength and a smidge of cardio

45 minutes

644/1000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter