• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Exercise Challenge--No stuffed turkeys here! Time to get moving. :)

I don't want to make anyone paranoid, or fearful, but we are responsible for our own safety as much as our fitness. It's running safety month, after all! There are always other routes and days, and a simple call to the police is not overreacting if you feel unsafe. It's their job to know what's going on. You did the right thing by looking them in the eye and addressing them directly - that can be a good deterrent. But please don't let the joy of being healthy and fit outweigh the necessity to ourselves and our loved ones to be safe as well.

Thanks for the thoughts and words of advice. I was on open roads with high traffic, so did not feel threatened. Trust me I definitely take my safety as highest priority especial as I run alone, but it is always nice to be reminded that you really need to be aware of your surroundings:thumbsup2!

45 min elliptical last night
1409/1600
I was supposed to run but it was cold and raining hard. I'll rest today and run tomorrow. It will be colder but no rain. :)

So much for a great workout tonight - I didn't get home from work until after 9:00 PM, and just finished dinner. Only 1 more day of work, and it's gonna be crazy, so I need to get to bed.

1016/1300

Another 50 min run yesterday.

Huckleberry Kate - thanks for your understanding :) in other news, I typed that whole thing on an iPad since my computer was broken... Sigh. New one comes today!

Anybody doing a turkey trot or other event tomorrow?

Ok, quoted both of your updates. I think you might be missing an hour. I don't keep track of every entry, but rather an ongoing total. Anyhow, I had you at 630 before your update (see above) of 630. Anyhow, I entered you as 700, but I am wondering if maybe you are missing 60 minutes. :)

Thank you! I didn't add the one time and had 630 twice. Haha this just made my day. So I was at 760 starting today but added another hour today 820/800 Yay!

I did strength training during lunch and then came home and strapped on the head-lamp and did some laps on my road. It was freakishly warm, so I wanted to take advantage of the temps. and did 3-miles.

I may do a 4-miler trail run tomorrow morning. It's pretty informal, no real registration you just show up and "pay" with some non-perishable food items.

74 minutes

718/1000

Adding 120 minutes since last posting. Mostly treadmill, regular walking, and lots of arm and leg exercises.

750/1250 so far.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

11/19 35 minute run
11/25 78 minute run
11/28 45 minute run

422/950

Not going to finish strong for the month, and I'm not happy about it. Stupid auction and basket raffle is really interfering with my training. I will be so glad when next week is over.

210 min run yesterday. Just squeaked in this month 1619/1600
Thanks so much for hosting :)

Happy Thanksgiving workout pals!

Today is one of those days that a small workout is better than no workout. I tried to do some cardio but it didn't settle well with a tummy full of Thanksgiving so I put on some mellow tunes and did a lot of yoga stretches and it felt so good.

20 minutes

738/1000

11/26 55 min run

11/28 171 min run
I did my 2nd 1/2 marathon of the year and took 31 minutes off my time from the one I did in March! So excited about what a year of training can do!:thumbsup2

11/29 40 min walk

Thanks for updating and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

50-minute walk with my brother & his dog today, some on hilly streets in Beverly Hills - beautiful, even if it was raining!

Total 706/1000

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Oh my, November flew by and I am far from my goal! I am adding 50 minutes treadmill and 53 walking.

547/900

Thanks!

Getting ready to update through #219

Thank you! I didn't add the one time and had 630 twice. Haha this just made my day. So I was at 760 starting today but added another hour today 820/800 Yay!
Great! Glad I followed up with you. :)

210 min run yesterday. Just squeaked in this month 1619/1600
Thanks so much for hosting :)
Congratulations!

11/26 55 min run

11/28 171 min run
I did my 2nd 1/2 marathon of the year and took 31 minutes off my time from the one I did in March! So excited about what a year of training can do!:thumbsup2

11/29 40 min walk

Thanks for updating and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Congratulations!

I am going to hit the Y hard today, but I know I won't make my goal. But that's ok. I got glutened earlier this week and have been paying for it all week. It's so weird, I cheated with a regular beer this summer and did not feel anywhere as close to as bad as I do from the cross contaminated vegetable broth that I made soup with. Oh well.

Hope everyone gets in some good workouts to finish off the month! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter