• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYC to Bahamas Fast Pass Question

Our cruise was an eight night cruise instead of a seven night. They have to put the Port Canaveral day on a day when the Dream and Fantasy aren't there, which eliminates Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Plus, the Magic needs two days to get back to New York City. They did have a special thanksgiving menu but almost no one was there to eat it as so many people were at the parks. I think only one of the restaurants was open that night.

things may be different this year, but we received a hard ticket. It was a 4 park hopper that was good only on that day, and was preloaded with three VIP fast passes. We were able to load ours onto our MDE and book additional fast passes.
Can you explain more on how the additional fast passes work? Do you have to use the 3 VIP ones first? Or if you can book additional ones on the bus to the parks (as I've read people do), how does the fast pass system know to use the additional ones and not accidentally use one of your VIP passes when you didn't intend to? I'd hate to book a traditional fast pass for a minor attraction and end up using one of the VIP ones by mistake.

I imagine anyone that stayed on ship had the place to themselves, I have premier pass (CA-florida) linked to my account, I wonder if will let me assign single day ticket to myself

One of the cruise staff team told me that only about 80 guests stayed on board. A number of the crew went to the parks also, and some went shopping.

We got back late and were enjoying a midnight snack in Cabanas when several vans pulled up dropping off crew members who had done some early Black Friday shopping. They all seemed to be carrying some sort of technology or game system.

Can you explain more on how the additional fast passes work? Do you have to use the 3 VIP ones first? Or if you can book additional ones on the bus to the parks (as I've read people do), how does the fast pass system know to use the additional ones and not accidentally use one of your VIP passes when you didn't intend to? I'd hate to book a traditional fast pass for a minor attraction and end up using one of the VIP ones by mistake.

We loaded the tickets to MDE just like you would do with any hard ticket. We were able to choose 3 regular fast pass experiences. The important thing to remember is to use the regular passes during the designated times only. For instance, if you book Peter Pan for 3-4pm, but go in at 2:45 the system will use a VIP pass. We used 2 regular passes at the Studios, Star Tours and Tower of Terror and one VIP on Toy Story. We used the other 2 VIPs at MK.

We loaded the tickets to MDE just like you would do with any hard ticket. We were able to choose 3 regular fast pass experiences. The important thing to remember is to use the regular passes during the designated times only. For instance, if you book Peter Pan for 3-4pm, but go in at 2:45 the system will use a VIP pass. We used 2 regular passes at the Studios, Star Tours and Tower of Terror and one VIP on Toy Story. We used the other 2 VIPs at MK.
Perfect - Thank you!

Was anyone on one of these cruises from NYC in 2018 and can confirm the fast passes worked the same way? When does Disney give you your park ticket? Is it before the cruise or not until you are on the ship? Did you book the 3 additional fast passes on the drive from port to the parks? After you used the 3 from the app can you book additional like a normal park day?

Was anyone on one of these cruises from NYC in 2018 and can confirm the fast passes worked the same way? When does Disney give you your park ticket? Is it before the cruise or not until you are on the ship? Did you book the 3 additional fast passes on the drive from port to the parks? After you used the 3 from the app can you book additional like a normal park day?

Your park ticket to the parks is on your key to the world card used to enter your stateroom and charging on board. I was able to book 3 additional Fastpasses in addition to the 3 anytime they gave us after I had check in for our cruise and they have us our cards while we waited to board the ship. Just entered the number on the back of the card into your my Disney experience account. Yes you can book three more once you used the 3 you booked. Just be sure when you use your booked Fastpasses you use them with in your time frame. Not early or late as it will use one of your anytime Fastpasses if you do.

Same here! :) It was really quite easy to manage them as well. Just make sure that you use your additional fastpasses in their exact time window. Otherwise it will default to one of your anytime fastpasses. And for us, when we used the 3 scheduled fastpasses (not the VIP) the app only let us schedule one at a time after that.

Same here! :) It was really quite easy to manage them as well. Just make sure that you use your additional fastpasses in their exact time window. Otherwise it will default to one of your anytime fastpasses. And for us, when we used the 3 scheduled fastpasses (not the VIP) the app only let us schedule one at a time after that.
Perfect, that's what I was hoping for.

Followup questions, if anyone has any experience. We were planning to do a one day photopass at Disney so we can get all of our pictures (planning to hit all 4 parks). Will ride photos/videos come to us if we don't have magic bands and instead have our key to the world cards? I am not sure if it works primarily on the tracking stuff in the band or if it is facial recognition or what that makes that work. Has anyone ever brought magic bands (from a prior trip) and linked them to the card so the on-ride pictures would automatically work? Is that process easy about linking the magic bands and where would you do it?

Perfect, that's what I was hoping for.

Followup questions, if anyone has any experience. We were planning to do a one day photopass at Disney so we can get all of our pictures (planning to hit all 4 parks). Will ride photos/videos come to us if we don't have magic bands and instead have our key to the world cards? I am not sure if it works primarily on the tracking stuff in the band or if it is facial recognition or what that makes that work. Has anyone ever brought magic bands (from a prior trip) and linked them to the card so the on-ride pictures would automatically work? Is that process easy about linking the magic bands and where would you do it?
I don't know how it would work for photopass, but I would assume it would work. I know that we brought our magic bands from a previous trip and linked the key to the world cards to them. I'm pretty sure that the ride pictures showed up in the app, but I'm a litttttttle fuzzy on that. (It was a LONG day lol) I'm pretty sure I alternated though between the magic band and my key to the world card (which I had in my lanyard around my neck. It's just a habit after being halfway thru the cruise LOL) Either way, as long as it is linked to the app, it should work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter