NYC to Bahamas Fast Pass Question

MnkyGirl

Mouseketeer
Hey y'all!
This question is for anyone who sailed the NYC to Bahamas with a day at WDW last year. Did the Golden Fast Passes qualify for the fast pass seating for the Happily Ever After fireworks at MK? We are seriously considering using one of the golden fast passes this way to try to maximize time in the park before the fireworks.

We are taking the thanksgiving sailing this year that has the WDW stop are the fast passes any attraction any time? If so i think they would work for the fireworks

For last year's sailing they were, but I fully expect them to put restrictions on the new rides at Hollywood Studios. They did that for the rides in Pandora at Animal Kingdom initially. (though they did change to allow the use right before the fall cruises that year.)

What is a golden fast pass? That might be enough to make me book this cruise!

What is a golden fast pass? That might be enough to make me book this cruise!

The actual term is VIP fast pass. It's a fast pass that allows you to go on any attraction at any time. The people who sail on the cruises that have a stop at Port Canaveral are given a one day park hopper pass that includes three VIP fast passes. On the Thanksgiving cruise last fall, we were permitted to use the VIP fast passes on any attraction we wished, including Pandora. I'm not sure about using it for fireworks, as I would guess there are a limited number of people that can get those fast passes because of having to reserve the fireworks watching area. But, perhaps Disney is aware of this and does not fill the viewing area. You might consider doing the HEA dessert party at the Magic Kingdom. It does include reserved viewing, and then you don't have to be concerned about whether your fast pass will work or not.

I haven't been paying attention to news from the theme parks for a few months, but the last I knew, they stopped offering a FP viewing area for the MK fireworks and had no plans to reinstate it.

Thanks for all the feedback y'all! Trying to coordinate a day in the park for multiple people and use the fast passes wisely is turning into the largest bit of planning for me. Even if we are all laid back about "seeing what we can see" in the parks, we still want to maximize the fast passes.

Hey y'all!
This question is for anyone who sailed the NYC to Bahamas with a day at WDW last year. Did the Golden Fast Passes qualify for the fast pass seating for the Happily Ever After fireworks at MK? We are seriously considering using one of the golden fast passes this way to try to maximize time in the park before the fireworks.
Yeah no more FP seating for fireworks. There is the dessert party and reserved seating for Club level guests paying extra, but not for regular guests.

Was anybody on the thanksgiving week cruise last year? were the parks a complete zoo?
thanks
chris

Was anybody on the thanksgiving week cruise last year? were the parks a complete zoo?
thanks
chris

The day we were in the parks was Thanksgiving day itself. It didn't seem too crazy to me. We spent the first half of the day at the studios, and then went over to Magic Kingdom, while stopping to have lunch at the Polynesian.

thanks
chris
Animal Kingdom wasn't bad. We avoided Magic Kingdom since we knew from past experiences that it would be packed.

The day we were in the parks was Thanksgiving day itself. It didn't seem too crazy to me. We spent the first half of the day at the studios, and then went over to Magic Kingdom, while stopping to have lunch at the Polynesian.
Thanks for the reply! this years cruise will be day before, I wonder if they changed it because of guest feedback. do they give you physical tickets to park or electronic to use on myDisney app, The reason I ask is we 7 day park hoppers that we will use in june only for 5 days.
thanks!
chris

Thanks for the reply! this years cruise will be day before, I wonder if they changed it because of guest feedback. do they give you physical tickets to park or electronic to use on myDisney app, The reason I ask is we 7 day park hoppers that we will use in june only for 5 days.
thanks!
chris

I think I remember reading that it's a hard ticket. BUT it's only good on that day.

I'd also double check with those hoppers...they did away with non-expiring a while back. Most of the time they have to be used within 14 days of first usage...

thanks!
chris

Our cruise was an eight night cruise instead of a seven night. They have to put the Port Canaveral day on a day when the Dream and Fantasy aren't there, which eliminates Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Plus, the Magic needs two days to get back to New York City. They did have a special thanksgiving menu but almost no one was there to eat it as so many people were at the parks. I think only one of the restaurants was open that night.

things may be different this year, but we received a hard ticket. It was a 4 park hopper that was good only on that day, and was preloaded with three VIP fast passes. We were able to load ours onto our MDE and book additional fast passes.

Did the buses get y'all to the parks before park opening last year? I sailed this itinerary back in 2012 and we definitely were able to get there about 30 minutes before the park opened, but I don't know if things have changed or not. We're trying to develop a park strategy before our ADR window opens.

Did the buses get y'all to the parks before park opening last year? I sailed this itinerary back in 2012 and we definitely were able to get there about 30 minutes before the park opened, but I don't know if things have changed or not. We're trying to develop a park strategy before our ADR window opens.

The first buses departed about 7:15.

I think I remember reading that it's a hard ticket. BUT it's only good on that day.

I'd also double check with those hoppers...they did away with non-expiring a while back. Most of the time they have to be used within 14 days of first usage...
You are right i forgot that they expire now.

Our cruise was an eight night cruise instead of a seven night. They have to put the Port Canaveral day on a day when the Dream and Fantasy aren't there, which eliminates Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Plus, the Magic needs two days to get back to New York City. They did have a special thanksgiving menu but almost no one was there to eat it as so many people were at the parks. I think only one of the restaurants was open that night.

things may be different this year, but we received a hard ticket. It was a 4 park hopper that was good only on that day, and was preloaded with three VIP fast passes. We were able to load ours onto our MDE and book additional fast passes.
I imagine anyone that stayed on ship had the place to themselves, I have premier pass (CA-florida) linked to my account, I wonder if will let me assign single day ticket to myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter