• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Good Evening everyone! Big day today....Nelia had her first day of kindergarten. Sydney had orthodontist appt and then off to Sydney's Open house at school. She already started but her open house was tonight.

Welcome aboard Cathi!!! U can check with the late comers FE list. The original list is closed but some people may have enough supplies to exchange with you....U will just have to keep track of ur own exchange list! and Andrea is right there are TONS of 9/10 yr old girls!! They will rule the clubs!! I will add u to the roll call list and feel free to check out our web page(link in my siggie) and there are photos of our familes and info!

Well all we are getting closer!! First to report getting cruise docs WINS!! lol wins what i don't know....=)~

y285.jpg
Michelle,

Nelia is just precious :littleangel:. She looks so excited for school to go to school! Thanks for the info on the room number mix up :thumbsup2.

One month until we are all aboard. I am soooo excited!!!!:banana: I got to kick myself in gear to finish up all my FE's, I know time is going to move at warp speed. Especially with the girls back in all their activities, I feel much like Andrea running here to there and I only have 2 girls to manage.

Welcome aboard Cathi and Family! I will be happy to include you in my FE's. I will PM you in just a bit on the info I need.

Hope eveyone is having a great week!

Jennifer

Even here in Colorado we are getting smoke from the CA and UT fires. Be careful out there. :flower3: We had a fire and the canyon of our neighborhood filled with smoke. DS11 (3 at the time) became very sick that night and has had asthma ever since. I am from San Diego and miss CA, but not the fires so much.

Michelle great picture!! I enjoy reading everyones posts. Only a few more weeks and we all get to meet. :banana:

Cathicool, welcome. :cheer2: Glad you can join us. I am trying to keep the late FE list up to date. This list is for those who are adding about the last couple of weeks. I have added you. I think there is still a good group so you all will have a great FE exchange.

Here is an updated late FE list. We have one more family added on bringing us to three families not on the original list. I have a couple of people who I have sent a private message that won’t see themselves on this list as I am unsure if they are prepared to add more. I am also going to have a cutoff on this list of Sep 12th. That will bring us to about three weeks before our cruise. :confused3 Does that work for everyone?

Late arrivals (not on the original list)
ajwasphoo #7604 DD4, DD6
JMO #1067 (cabin # changed 8/1) DW, Dh, DD9, DD7, DS23mo
Cathicool room # coming Me Cathi (39) ,DH Jeff (38),DD9 Alassia, DS 7
Zachary,DD Victoria (just turning 5 on 9/16/09)

Those who are adding on to the late list (these are also on the original list so no need to dublicated)
Familyfun5 #1052 Joleen & Gary DD3mo, DS11, DS1 1/2
Heather819 (not confirmed yet)
Disneydiva16 #6608 Robin & Matt DD10, DD3
jcarlson #2614 Jennifer & Chad DD10, DD6
Kpfiliirpg #7514 DW, DH, DD7, DD15mo
Jsheridan #7065 Julie, James, Jake (5)
MindiBellCM #6015 Mindy, Marty, DD4, DS9
Wareagle #6022 Gena, Phil, DS14, DS11
MindiBellcm family#7001 Marily, Merrill & Sandy
Dolphingirl47 #6521 Corinna & Graham,(DW-allergic to bananas, DH-allergic to chocolate)
The great cornholeo #6636 Laura, Tom, DS 7
Soudersmes #6040 Doug & Margaret
Bean418 #7072 Liz, Ron, DD10

I am excited to meet everyone and get on vacation. Only 27 days till we fly to FL. I am going to get our Pirate costumes this weekend. pirate:

Wow this board goes crazy at night...you are all night owls:)
Its fun to get up in the morning and read it all:yay:
Thanks so much for the list! Outstanding job. I think a Sept 12 cutoff date is perfect.
Does anyone know how to ship the items to the hotel - any specific I need to know. I have determined that I will have to much to pack in my bag cause my airline charges me for each bag:mad:

HELLO!

I just booked us on this cruise! This will be our 6th DCL. We love it!

We are from Long Island, NY...Babylon Village:

Me Cathi (39):sad2:
DH Jeff (38):cool2:
DD Alassia (9):hippie:
DS Zachary (7)pirate:
DD Victoria (just turning 5 on 9/16/09):wizard:

This is Victoria's birthday present :scared1: (great excuse, huh?)!:laughing:

Count us in for FE and whatever else you have cooking! We are gty verandah, so we don't know just yet our cabin numbers. I'm sure I will know by Friday. Hoping for connecting cat 5's, but can't go wrong with any verandah!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!:banana::cool1::banana:
Hi, Cathi! Welcome to our band of merry sailors! I have a DD(9) and she is emailing a few of the girls on the trip. If you want, PM me and we'll exchange emails (DD has her own) for the girls to say hi a few times before we set sail.

And, since it has to be said, DH's fave teams are 1) White Sox (Dad's a Cubs fan, so that's fun) and 2) Any team playing the Yankees! :rotfl2: (HIS dad's a Yankees fan, so that's fun).

Looks like DD will be competing in her first swim meet at the end of the month - the weekend before we leave! :scared1: There goes my plans to do laundry over the weekend and set things aside. Ah, well. I'll figure it out. I'm jazzed that she's so excited and wanting to jump in feet first (literally and figuratively!).

FOUR WEEKS!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
We leave 4 weeks from today!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Well my FE gift bags are done. :) Okay, well all but the last 12 (which I ordered yesterday). :) Tonight, after the fitting and my girls are in bed I'm going to work on tags for the bags. :) I wanna try to have the bags ready to be stuffed by the end of this weekend. (Obviously I'll have to wait tile the last 12 arrive before they are really done but this will be a good start. :) ).

Could someone tell me if we are supposed to put our names on the gifts we leave in the FEs?

Just touching base with everyone! I've been lurking but not posting. Just wanted to let you know for the late FE that our room # is 1045 so you can put that on your list. My FE are finished but I do have to make labels for them, I'm sure that will make it much easier to deliver.

I'm having Hannah's birthday party Sept 27 since we'll be cruising on her birthday so I'm beginning to go into panic mode trying to get a party together and cruise items together. I'll be ready for a drink when I get there!!!

I got some wonderful news yesterday!!!! I got tickets to the Oprah show! :happytv:I've been trying and trying and finally got tickets. It's for her season opener. It will be filmed on Tuesday. My girlfriend and I are driving to Chicago, about a 5 hour drive on Monday and staying til Wed. We are sooo excited.:banana: I'll have to let you know more when we get back.

Hi really quick post noticed someone was looking to book Palo I have just managed to get Brunch on thurs at 10.30 am not sure if this time will be any good not sure if we will miss out on some thing else. Welcome to all the newbies. Will post again soon hope every one is well I am just about counting the hours so excited

Hi really quick post noticed someone was looking to book Palo I have just managed to get Brunch on thurs at 10.30 am not sure if this time will be any good not sure if we will miss out on some thing else. Welcome to all the newbies. Will post again soon hope every one is well I am just about counting the hours so excited

Thank you for the info Jude. I was also able to book the Palo Brunch thurs at 10:30am also. :banana:

:confused3 Man! How did you guys get brunch? I've been checking dailey for the past few weeks and it hasn't been available, and now it's gone again! I'm hoping we'll be able to book it once we are onboard since we've never done the brunch.
I had a document scare. I went out to the mailbox today and their was a thick envelope from Disney :cool1::cool1: I thought forsure it was our cruise docs, but it wasn't:sad2:. It was our luggage package for our hotel stay for Port Orleans. Oh well, docs should be here soon!

Oh Andrea don't get me excited...cruise docs cruise docs!! can't wait!!!

For the late comers....I am unsure why everyone keeps posting there info when all u have to do is go on the web page and anything like names, stateroom#, ages, etc are there!

For everyone....the first list is the roll call so everyone is on there regardless of FE, if you want the FE list then you need to go to the second list labled as such....that is the original FE list....just print and then add the late comers U are doing to it. I actually have taken a map of each deck and wrote family names next to their respective cabins. Then I won't miss anyone!

Well the dr. I work for took tomorrow off so --so did I!!!! 4 day weekend...that's good cause I need to straighten the house and I am running through the luggage and stacking it in the dining room for the next 3 1/2 weeks...LOL O well I don't plan on entertaining at all.

I have 2 girls FE's left.....Umm Ajwaspooh gave me her DD's waist measurements....LMAO OMG now that would be an FE that took long to make.....LOL
and then I have 2 boys ones and I am about done.....
Well gonna cookout ....TTFN

Let's see, today is Sept 3, 2009
Cruise is Oct 3, 2009

ONE MONTH!!!

ONE MONTH!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1: <-- Scorpion's clan!

My t shirt arrived today and looks great. We have dress down day at the office tomorrow and I have decided to wear it for that. What colour t shirt have you gone for? Mine is black and the logo looks great against the black background.

My pirate costume is almost complete now. The head wrap arrived yesterday and the pirate pendant last week. That was a bit of a surprise. It looked silver on the website, but ended up being gold. Well, I supposed pirates don't mind too much about mixing silver and gold.

The gifts for the younger kids have also now arrived and look pretty cute. I am still waiting for a couple of bits and pieces for my Secret Mickey and I am still waiting on the final component for the main Fish Extender gift. Then I will be officially done.

I managed to sort out the pillow case with Tiffany and she said she would send my new Fish Extender at the same time. So I am not sure which Fish Extender I will take. The new one will be light blue and lilac with pink trim and will have the DCL logo, Mickey and Minnie in their nautical uniforms, Chip and Dale in nautical uniform and Stitch on it.

I can't believe that in a month time we will hopefully all be at sea. Time is suddenly going so quick.

Well, I managed to get my weekend plans sorted out. DH has decided to come down to Birmingham with me and we will share a hotel room. I will have fun with the girls and he will do his own thing. I have taken half a vacation day tomorrow and will go straight from work. This should be so much fun.

Corinna

Even here in Colorado we are getting smoke from the CA and UT fires. Be careful out there. :flower3: We had a fire and the canyon of our neighborhood filled with smoke. DS11 (3 at the time) became very sick that night and has had asthma ever since. I am from San Diego and miss CA, but not the fires so much.

Michelle great picture!! I enjoy reading everyones posts. Only a few more weeks and we all get to meet. :banana:

Cathicool, welcome. :cheer2: Glad you can join us. I am trying to keep the late FE list up to date. This list is for those who are adding about the last couple of weeks. I have added you. I think there is still a good group so you all will have a great FE exchange.

Here is an updated late FE list. We have one more family added on bringing us to three families not on the original list. I have a couple of people who I have sent a private message that won’t see themselves on this list as I am unsure if they are prepared to add more. I am also going to have a cutoff on this list of Sep 12th. That will bring us to about three weeks before our cruise. :confused3 Does that work for everyone?

Late arrivals (not on the original list)
ajwasphoo #7604 DD4, DD6
JMO #1067 (cabin # changed 8/1) DW, Dh, DD9, DD7, DS23mo
Cathicool room # coming Me Cathi (39) ,DH Jeff (38),DD9 Alassia, DS 7
Zachary,DD Victoria (just turning 5 on 9/16/09)

Those who are adding on to the late list (these are also on the original list so no need to dublicated)
Familyfun5 #1052 Joleen & Gary DD3mo, DS11, DS1 1/2
Heather819 (not confirmed yet)
Disneydiva16 #6608 Robin & Matt DD10, DD3
jcarlson #2614 Jennifer & Chad DD10, DD6
Kpfiliirpg #7514 DW, DH, DD7, DD15mo
Jsheridan #7065 Julie, James, Jake (5)
MindiBellCM #6015 Mindy, Marty, DD4, DS9
Wareagle #6022 Gena, Phil, DS14, DS11
MindiBellcm family#7001 Marily, Merrill & Sandy
Dolphingirl47 #6521 Corinna & Graham,(DW-allergic to bananas, DH-allergic to chocolate)
The great cornholeo #6636 Laura, Tom, DS 7
Soudersmes #6040 Doug & Margaret
Bean418 #7072 Liz, Ron, DD10

I am excited to meet everyone and get on vacation. Only 27 days till we fly to FL. I am going to get our Pirate costumes this weekend. pirate:

Please add us to the Late Arrival List, have have extras as well!

Thanks,
Carol

Heading to King of Prussia Saturday for a new suit for DH & a few other things we still need. Making an overnight of it,:love: then home on Sunday & the final show of the season at the local drive in with BFF & her fam. :woohoo:
I got to rub it in today to the boss that in a month I will cruising & not thinking about work at all. Poor guy was almost green with envy or maybe thinking how much of my work he will have to cover while I'm gone. :sad:
One more cortisone shot before the cruise & surgery on the right knee after we get back. It will prob be in late Oct or early Nov..
Getting late so I best get to bed.
Can hardly wait to meet everybody. It's almost time to PARTY!!!!!:rainbow:

Hi everyone!! Sorry its been so long since I have posted. We just got rid of a month of visitor! Then our computer died this weekend so we had to go get a new one! Plus, I just started a business working from home! That has taken off! Its been crazy!!

What's the latest on FE? I haven't gotten anything yet. I was going to order it this weekend. I can add the late arrival no problem! Does anyone have an updated list with a headcount for adult, girls and boys? So I can order enough! Are we labeling our gift? We are handing them out at our leisure thru out the cruise right?

I'm so behind! I can't believe its a month away already. Plus I recently lost 20pounds and most of my clothes don't fit so I have to go shopping!

So my checklist is:
Pirate costumes
FE
FE gifts
Make Magnets
Clothes shopping for the family

Did I miss anything?

Is there a decorate you door contest on board?

**schmoopiecat- Were originally from Hatboro, Pa I used to run the Santa Stand at King of Prussia. Have fun shopping**

Looks like we have a large turnout for FE!! I'm so excited! Have a good one!!

Wow this board goes crazy at night...you are all night owls:)
Its fun to get up in the morning and read it all:yay:
Thanks so much for the list! Outstanding job. I think a Sept 12 cutoff date is perfect.
Does anyone know how to ship the items to the hotel - any specific I need to know. I have determined that I will have to much to pack in my bag cause my airline charges me for each bag:mad:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the rooms in my party are
6032--DS-11 and DS-6
6516/6518--DS-10, DS-8, DD-6

I'm in 6040 but we don't have kids. So for all the late comers I said we would add you to our list, but wanted to make sure that you added the rooms with the kids. Don't worry about mine since we're just adults :cool1:
Thanks..Margaret

Hi everyone!! Sorry its been so long since I have posted. We just got rid of a month of visitor! Then our computer died this weekend so we had to go get a new one! Plus, I just started a business working from home! That has taken off! Its been crazy!!

What's the latest on FE? I haven't gotten anything yet. I was going to order it this weekend. I can add the late arrival no problem! Does anyone have an updated list with a headcount for adult, girls and boys? So I can order enough! Are we labeling our gift? We are handing them out at our leisure thru out the cruise right?

I'm so behind! I can't believe its a month away already. Plus I recently lost 20pounds and most of my clothes don't fit so I have to go shopping!

So my checklist is:
Pirate costumes
FE
FE gifts
Make Magnets
Clothes shopping for the family

Did I miss anything?

Is there a decorate you door contest on board?

**schmoopiecat- Were originally from Hatboro, Pa I used to run the Santa Stand at King of Prussia. Have fun shopping**

Looks like we have a large turnout for FE!! I'm so excited! Have a good one!!

Claybie----ok here it is....the original FE list is on the web page...feel free to print it and then add the late comers U are exchanging with, U will have to keep track of that on ur own. They aren't on the original list(ended July 20th) because not everyone has enough supplies to make for them.

Thank you to all about the comments about Nelia---she's cute alright but dont let those cute looks deceive u! Rotten to the core:rotfl:

well off to bed....was up paying bills.....easy come easy go! Trying to make sure that I have everythng pd to date or pay a bit more just in case some bills hit while we are gone! Off tomorrow so gonna get some errands done!
TTFN

:confused3 Man! How did you guys get brunch? I've been checking dailey for the past few weeks and it hasn't been available, and now it's gone again! I'm hoping we'll be able to book it once we are onboard since we've never done the brunch.
I had a document scare. I went out to the mailbox today and their was a thick envelope from Disney :cool1::cool1: I thought forsure it was our cruise docs, but it wasn't:sad2:. It was our luggage package for our hotel stay for Port Orleans. Oh well, docs should be here soon!

Just checked there is availabilty online for brunch thurs at 10.30. Hopefully you can grab it just now.

Jude

I hope everyone has a safe Labor Day weekend. We are heading to Boston on Saturday. My brother-in-law and his wife have a 2 1/2 week old baby that we are going to see! I can't wait to hold the little thing. We are also going without the kids. I'm excited for a little adult time. Then back home to really get my to do list going for vacation. I still haven't planned excursions.

I think my husband just wants to do a pub crawl in Key West. We want to do Margaritaville in Grand Caymen and want to go see the Stingrays again but aren't sure which excursion to book for that. In Cozumel we just don't know. Suggestions? We did Paradise Beach last year. It was nice but want to mix it up a bit.

Mindi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter