October 2012 - Spooky, Wild, Exotic and a lot of food!

Great update! Not heading to TSMM makes mornings at DHS much less stressful. I really want to try Paradiso 37, too. Menu looks so fresh and yummy!

What a great report Emma! You guys got to do so many interesting and uniqure things! Thanks for your review on the Wild Animal Trek! I had been tossing around the idea of doing it on my next trip, and now after reading about your experience I think I might have to do it!

Aw i'm sad I wasn't able to see Muppet 3D on this past trip. I love going into the shop afterwards and looking around.

What did you think of Wreck It Ralph? I thought that movie was so cute and funny! Would have loved to see those sketches.

Awwww, last day in Disney. How sad! At least having more days in Florida can help soften the blow a little.

I hate the last Disney day, it is always so sad!! But at least you were not headed home right away. :thumbsup2 It's probably pretty amazing all that you can get done in DHS in that first hour when you are not making the mad dash to TSM! :lmao: With DS along and more kids on the way in the future, we will probably be doing the mad dash for a few more years to come.

Great update! Not heading to TSMM makes mornings at DHS much less stressful. I really want to try Paradiso 37, too. Menu looks so fresh and yummy!

Hi! I really like Paradiso 37, that's the third time I've eaten there now, great addition to Pleasure Island :goodvibes

What a great report Emma! You guys got to do so many interesting and uniqure things! Thanks for your review on the Wild Animal Trek! I had been tossing around the idea of doing it on my next trip, and now after reading about your experience I think I might have to do it!

Thank you for reading! I really hope you get to try the Wild Africa Trek, it was an amazing experience :thumbsup2

Aw i'm sad I wasn't able to see Muppet 3D on this past trip. I love going into the shop afterwards and looking around.

What did you think of Wreck It Ralph? I thought that movie was so cute and funny! Would have loved to see those sketches.

Hi Lesha, hope you get to do Muppets 3D soon.. do they have it at DCA too? I loved Wreck it Ralph! Great story and characters, it comes out on DVD here pretty soon - I'm looking forward to seeing it again :thumbsup2

Awwww, last day in Disney. How sad! At least having more days in Florida can help soften the blow a little.

Hi Mel, I was so glad it wasn't the end of our trip just yet... I've got some photos of Bradenton FL to share... and we may have just had one more Disney day too :cutie:

I hate the last Disney day, it is always so sad!! But at least you were not headed home right away. :thumbsup2 It's probably pretty amazing all that you can get done in DHS in that first hour when you are not making the mad dash to TSM! :lmao: With DS along and more kids on the way in the future, we will probably be doing the mad dash for a few more years to come.

Hi! It definitely made a difference this trip in DHS not racing to TSMM - I do enjoy the ride, but that rush can be quite intense first thing :laughing:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend... I have a few photos to share of the next part of our trip in Florida... plus one more day at Disney!!

Emma princess: x

Bradenton FL

We had a really relaxing and fun time in Bradenton on the gulf coast, it's a beautiful part of the state  we went to the beach, a state park, took a boat out on intercoastal waterways, had some great food and did a little shopping too!

Here are a selection of photos...

[URL=http://s581.photobucket.com/user/disney_barbie/media/WDW%20October%202012/Bradenton/IMG_1510_zps8203d2a4.jpg.html]

IMG_4008_zpsf81086fb.jpg
[/URL]

Sorry I missed this update.

Wonderful sunset pictures. I particularly love the one shot with the flag and the sun setting. Beautiful! Oooh that drink looks refreshing!

Oops. I read the update, but forgot to post comments. You got a lot of great animal pictures, and a beautiful sunset too!

Sorry I missed this update.

Wonderful sunset pictures. I particularly love the one shot with the flag and the sun setting. Beautiful! Oooh that drink looks refreshing!

Thanks Lesha, I had that photo of the flag and sunset as my phone wallpaper for months! That cocktail was lovely, we had a great meal there - sat on the beach, live music and lovely food... the waiter asked each table to guess when the exact time when the sun would set... whoever won got free dessert :thumbsup2

Oops. I read the update, but forgot to post comments. You got a lot of great animal pictures, and a beautiful sunset too!

Thanks Mel, DH took most of those photos, he is really good with the DSLR camera I think :cutie:

Friday 19th October 2012

We were flying home from MCO, so on our last day my parents suggested that we got up early, drove back to Orlando – and spent one more day in the parks before they dropped us off at the airport! We all had annual passes, plus there was a new area of Magic Kingdom that had soft-opened that we really wanted to see ;)

So we left Bradenton about 7am, and were at the Magic Kingdom car park by about 8.45am! We parked in the Simba parking lot, and from the TTC took the ferry across to the park.

We just missed the opening ceremony, but were very soon walking right down the middle of Main Street USA...

We walked through the castle, into Fantasyland and towards the new castle walls...

sure enough, the construction walls had all been removed, but there was a line of cast members stood in the entrance way to the new section, apologising that it wasn't open just yet!! :sad:

It was a little disappointing, but we were still glad to be in MK for the day. We decided to ride Peter Pan's Flight as it was nearby, and hardly had a queue just yet! DH decided to go and get a drink instead of riding the attraction, he's not too fussed about the Fantasyland dark rides, so I went on it with my parents – the three of us got into one pirate boat... it was really nice to ride it with them again.

As we exited, DH met us – and had just happened to walk past the new Fantasyland entrance, and.... it had opened!!! :cheer2:

I was unbelievably excited, I didn't think we'd get to visit this land until our trip this summer – but we were there and it was open!

We didn't do Enchanted Tales with Belle, there was already a 30 minute wait time posted and I'm not sure we're the target audience for that!

We walked past the Be Our Guest restaurant, it wasn't open but there was a CM there talking to people and we were able to read the menu.

(One very happy Disney fan!)

Next we walked into Belle's village...

And then around to the Little Mermaid attraction! There was no wait at all, which was almost a shame as the queueing area looks so well themed.

(Blurry photos as we were walking so quickly through the queue!)

It's a really well done dark ride, Little Mermaid is one of my favourite animated movies so I really enjoyed it.

After the ride, we walked back to Belle's village and had a look in the shop, Bonjour Gifts.

I definitely noticed how happy and excited the cast members working in the new section seemed to be :)

There was an unusual picture in the shop – I guessed it was an imagineer, but I wasn't sure which one. I did ask a CM, but she wasn't sure who it was either.

We had a quick look in Gaston's Tavern, but didn't get anything to eat or drink. I will have to get a Le Fou's Brew on an upcoming trip instead!

The new area is beautiful, I felt so lucky to have seen it in person – especially as the official opening wasn't for nearly six weeks.

We decided to get some breakfast next, we walked through Fantasyland and stopped at the Chesire Cafe, but they didn't have a very big selection available.

So instead we went to our usual Magic Kingdom breakfast place... the Main Street Bakery!

As we walked back towards the hub, Alice walked right past us on her way to her meet & greet area, my Dad called out 'good morning Alice!' and she replied 'good morning sir!'

From the bakery, I had an orange juice and a crumb cake, we got a table right outside the bakery which was perfect for people-watching.

After breakfast, we decided to visit the Haunted Mansion.

Next we got the train from Frontierland around to Storybook Circus, as my parents hadn't seen this new section of the park yet.

We walked back to the hub and then to Adventureland so that we could ride another favourite, Pirates of the Caribbean.

We really noticed the difference in the crowds on this day – the queue for Pirates was out of the building, it was nearly a 30 minute wait!
I'm glad we waited though, as there was a new edition to the first scene... mermaids!

Next it was time for a snack... luckily my Mum loves Dole Whips as much as we do!

We got a table in the veranda area next to Aloha Isle and ate our pineapple treats, we walked back to Main St for one more look through the Emporium … then it was finally time to leave the park.

We decided to have lunch at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian resort, so we got on the resort monorail.

We looked in the shops, and then went to the restaurant. DH & I had dinner here in December 2010 and loved it, so it was nice to try it for lunch... I've heard great things about breakfast there so we'll have to back again!

I had a seared tuna sandwich with sweet potato fries, and a fruity cocktail.. I can't quite remember what it was called, but it was like the 'jungle juice' served at Boma/Tusker House mixed with rum!

We walked from the Polynesian back to the TTC...

And then got the Hero tram back to the car.

Our flight wasn't until 7.30pm, so we still had several hours before we needed to be at the airport, so we went back to Downtown Disney for a while!

I looked again for the Special Events CD, with no luck, and we also bought a small Duffy bear in a Christmas outfit (we weren't sure about Duffy to start with, but I think we're used to him being in the parks now!).

We stopped at Ghiradelli's, I had an iced latte, and then slowly made our way back to the car... and headed to the airport :(

You guys did so much at the MK that day! Awesome that you were able to see the NFL before going back home :cool1:

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE the crumb cake from the Main Street Bakery. In fact, on our last day at the MK, I waited 20 minutes to get it :lmao: It was worth it lol

I didn't know about the mermaid addition to PoTC until I was actually on the ride (not the best DIS'er:lmao:) and I thought it was really neat :thumbsup2

What a great surprise last day!

Yay for one more Disney day! :cool1:

:goodvibes

You guys did so much at the MK that day! Awesome that you were able to see the NFL before going back home :cool1:

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE the crumb cake from the Main Street Bakery. In fact, on our last day at the MK, I waited 20 minutes to get it :lmao: It was worth it lol

I didn't know about the mermaid addition to PoTC until I was actually on the ride (not the best DIS'er:lmao:) and I thought it was really neat :thumbsup2

Hi Lesha, I was sooo pleased that we got to visit Fantasyland before heading home.. the original plan had just to have lunch at DTD before going to the airport :goodvibes

That crumb cake is soo good.. I first tried it on our August trip, I didn't know what it was and asked a CM if it had nuts in it (I'm allergic).. she said that all of the bakery products might have nut traces in them.. but I took a chance, luckily I'm not too allergic! :cutie:

DH noticed the mermaids song as we passed through that first scene ('Bonny Sailor Boy'), and then we saw the skeleton too.

Hi Lesha, I was sooo pleased that we got to visit Fantasyland before heading home.. the original plan had just to have lunch at DTD before going to the airport :goodvibes

That crumb cake is soo good.. I first tried it on our August trip, I didn't know what it was and asked a CM if it had nuts in it (I'm allergic).. she said that all of the bakery products might have nut traces in them.. but I took a chance, luckily I'm not too allergic! :cutie:

DH noticed the mermaids song as we passed through that first scene ('Bonny Sailor Boy'), and then we saw the skeleton too.

Oh wow! Glad there was no trace of nuts in them for you! They are too good to not eat :rotfl:

Oh wow! Glad there was no trace of nuts in them for you! They are too good to not eat :rotfl:

:goodvibesI know ... I'm not sure which is my favourite, the crumb cake or the cinnamon roll! Looking forward to the Main Street Bakery reopening (with Starbucks coffee!) and seeing what the offerings are :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter