***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

mickey1968 said:
Don't forget the toilet paper!! A local DJ always says stock upon "bread, milk and toilet paper" lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOL! I buy it at Costco. I think I still have about 12 rolls left so hopefully that will be more than enough! BTW, it never did rain today. We carried our rain ponchos around all day for nothing! It was reallllllly windy though! Enjoy your trip!

We leave tomorrow!!

Short sleep tonight as we have a 6 am flight, which means leave the house at 3:45.

It was so dang humid on Thursday for the party. It felt like July! The party was packed. Seems like the entire place has been swamped all weekend.

It was so dang humid on Thursday for the party. It felt like July! The party was packed. Seems like the entire place has been swamped all weekend.

It was humid before Sandy passed, but so glad that the worst of the weather stayed away from Mickey-world. We thought the crowds were very manageable until we went to EPCOT on Saturday afternoon. :eek:
The lines at the food booths were incredibly long, but things settled down by evening.

Now... back to the real world. :(

So now I'm seeing the headline: Blizzard Beach closed due to cold weather.

Dang, I could have used some cold weather. It seems like we're missing everything by a few days taking into consideration Wreck-It Ralph, Fantasyland, and now the weather.

So now that October is close to coming to an end, when do you guys/gals plan on going again? I'm thinking Early 2015 is what I'm shooting for.

I am still there and will leave Friday. I have been three times in the past 12 months, so I think Iwill wait until at least Dec 2013 but if the new Mine Train rideis due in early 2014 I may wait until then.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have a cruise booked next June on the Fantasy - so will be staying at WDW for two nights before... check out the new Test Track and hopefully eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant! :goodvibes

Emma princess:

Was in the World and Universal 10/20-10/27. Weather was great, only got rained on a bit Thursday afternoon and the wind did cancel our only time to view Fantasmic! on Friday but I can't complain. We'll just have to go back to see another time. Went to MNSSHP on 10/23 and was able to go into the New Fantasyland. Waited about 45 minutes for Belle but it was made worthwhile when 3 of the 4 of us were picked to be participants. The girls absolutely loved it. I sure hope they do something about the waits when it opens for good though. Ariel's ride was great though we'd ridden it before at DLR. The girls liked Ariel with fins too. I'm ready to go back and see it in the daytime, though that probably won't happen for a couple of years. We got lots of autographs (58 unique!) and were still able to ride everything we wanted multiple times and see all the shows as well. Overall we had a fabulous time.

Just wondered if anyone is writing a Trip Report for their October vacations?

I've made a start on mine here - will be a bit slow to start as I am revising for (hopefully my last) accounting exam later this month! :coffee:

Emma princess: x

disneybarbie said:
Just wondered if anyone is writing a Trip Report for their October vacations?

I've made a start on mine here - will be a bit slow to start as I am revising for (hopefully my last) accounting exam later this month! :coffee:

Emma princess: x

My TR is in my signature we were in THE WORLD Oct 7th- 10th and stayed at AoA LM rooms

I was just there from the 28th through the 1st... I rode a bunch of rides over and over again, met Merida at MK, did a ton of pin trading, finally saw Fantasmic, and had fun at MNSSHP. :thumbsup2 The Halloween parade was great, and I'm not a big parade fan.

My favorite part of the trip was my dinner at California Grill. I had a seat right by the window facing the castle, and the HalloWishes fireworks happened as I was eating dessert. Absolutely fantastic. I also ate at Mama Melrose and Biergarten, and had the filet and cheese soup at Canada F&W. All of the food was great, but California Grill was just amazing.

It was pretty cold in mornings and evenings, but I liked the weather overall. I did have to buy a blanket to use while waiting for and viewing Fantasmic, though! I brought hoodies and jeans with me, but I didn't bring a coat or gloves or anything like that.

Thankfully, my hometown was pretty untouched by Sandy while I was gone. I had to leave for my trip a day earlier than planned, but neither Disney or JetBlue charged me a fee to change my reservations. So, I got an impromptu extra day of vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter