October 2015 Car Rental Watch

hollypoast

Travel Planner Specializing in Disney
Is there already a tread for October car rental discounts/deals/codes? If not, I'd like to start one. I need a mini van and the current lowest price is $770 for 5 days!:scared1: Renting two intermediate cars is almost half the price.

Just to check it out I ran my dates on Expedia.co.uk

I've reserved my hotel through this site twice with a nice discount. (there is a whole thread about it)

The rental price is much cheaper however I need MCO to Cape Canaveral and then back. Cape Canaveral is not offered as a pick up/drop off location. So, I haven't been able to go through the who process to see if it will accept the reservation.

Thought I'd share incase it works for someone else.:moped:

I know back just after the New Year when I was looking for a 1 way all within Orlando picking up at the airport and dropping off near Universal some companies were over $1,000 for a compact car for 4 days.

I'm thinking about going back to Orlando in October for along weekend. I keep an eye here on rental rates but I may just take a shuttle if I stay on Universal property.

Keep checking about once a week. I started out with a midsize when I first booked for last October and the prices actually changed often.. By the time it was over I probably booked and canceled about 12 times. Finally ended up with a Dodge Grand Caravan from Dollar for 250.00 for 9 days.

Keep checking about once a week. I started out with a midsize when I first booked for last October and the prices actually changed often.. By the time it was over I probably booked and canceled about 12 times. Finally ended up with a Dodge Grand Caravan from Dollar for 250.00 for 9 days.

What did you use to get that Dollar rate? Great deal!

I just kept checking the Dollar Website... Kept plugging in my dates. The prices would vary up to 300.00 , every time I got a lower rate, I book it and then cancel the other one.. I started out with a midsize then got a full size and then the minivan was so cheap, I couldn't refuse...

City Special from Dollar base rate of $221.26 for 9 days on a premium or $442.35 for a Mini Van

I found some great rates on Expedia.co.uk

Minivan for 6 days for $229- pick up at Orlando International and drop off at Miami International (compared to $527 on Dollar's website) You have to pay in advance but can cancel without penalty. (I reserved my hotel last year and this year through this site at a great rate. (had no issues last year) ASSp for $72 per night last year and $80 per night this year.)

In case anyone is interested in booking, you may want to use a cc that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. You may also need to call your cc company so they know of the charge. Otherwise, they may decline it assuming its fraudulent.

I found some great rates on Expedia.co.uk

Minivan for 6 days for $229- pick up at Orlando International and drop off at Miami International (compared to $527 on Dollar's website) You have to pay in advance but can cancel without penalty. (I reserved my hotel last year and this year through this site at a great rate. (had no issues last year) ASSp for $72 per night last year and $80 per night this year.)

In case anyone is interested in booking, you may want to use a cc that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. You may also need to call your cc company so they know of the charge. Otherwise, they may decline it assuming its fraudulent.

Appears as though reservations made through this site include CDW. There have been many discussions here and on respected travel forums as to an element of risk in booking a rate that includes non-declinable CDW if it is determined that one used a rate or code that they don't legitimately qualify. I have no idea if booking on a non-US website would fall under this scenario, but just throwing it out there.

I've asked my insurance agent about this scenario (when a rate includes CDW/LDW and I'm not totally sure I qualify to book it...some rates are very tempting). Was told when in doubt, to check to see if the rental car agreement requires waving the right of subrogation against the other party. in the event of a claim said waiver could prevent your insurer from pursuing damages if the CDW is declined.

Also, when checking for National, noted that TP (Theft Protection) is also included in the rate on the site. FYI, here is their section of the contract as to CDW

Collision Damage Cover (also known as CDW, LDW, Vehicle Damage Waiver)

Included in the rate. Non waivable excess apply. Amount depending on the category of vehicle rented.

This was posted on the Minivan Watch thread. I tried it for my dates in October and was able to drop my 6 day minivan rental down to $265 inclusive.

Hoping it will help someone here.

Last edited:
thanks, used your code/ID for our September minivan rental - 8 days for $351.07. Do have other ressies made but i want to find our more about the Vroom code before making final choice by then.

Just booked an 8 day rental of an SUV via Dollar's "city special" for $266.24 taxes included.

We don't need an SUV for just the two of us, but it was cheaper (by a good margin) than the smaller cars.

Thank You for mentioning the "city special"! I just booked our October mid-sized SUV. I hope I don't need to change my dates now! The rate is exceptional!

Thank You for mentioning the "city special"! I just booked our October mid-sized SUV. I hope I don't need to change my dates now! The rate is exceptional!
Subbing...
Last Halloween I was able to get a FS for $90-something for 5days one week out, after starting a rates of 4-5 times that!
Hoping for something close to that this year!

Hi All, we will be at Disney's Vero Beach 10/6-10/14 flying into FLL. Last November I was able to get 8 days at Thrifty in a standard for $112 all in through an amazing amount of rental car stalking using the AAA discount. Right now have a ressie with Thrifty for $237 but I was not terrible impressed with their if 'you fill the car outside of 10 miles from the airport we can charge you the refueling cost' - which they didn't attempt to do ( I had a GPS screenshot of the place we filled in case...I was ready for a fight!!!). I prefer Alamo b/c I enjoy picking my car and the kiosk that doesn't upsell :)

Also joining. Last year I booked a mid sized in October for 6 days out of MCO for $105 USD. I realize it's early out, but even Costco's rate is more than double that for a compact. Will keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter