• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2018 Check In

The Disneyland website has hours listed through Oct 6th now. I noticed the app doesn’t go as far yet. I feel like they are later then last year when I went but can’t remember. I’m hoping it will be the same schedule for the following week when I’ll be there this year.

yeah it looks like every day, they add a day. im waiting for the 7th and 8th which i imagine will be posted tomorrow and monday, respectively.

yeah it looks like every day, they add a day. im waiting for the 7th and 8th which i imagine will be posted tomorrow and monday, respectively.

Hours are posted through the 8th.

Disneyland 8am-12am on both October 7 & 8. DCA 8am-10pm.

Yay!! Can't believe our trip is coming up so soon that the hours are posted already. Sunday the 7th isn't a full day for us (plane lands around 9am) so I'm glad the park will be open until 12am. That being said, late park hours make sense since it will probably be crowded due to Columbus day.

Hours are posted through the 8th.

Disneyland 8am-12am on both October 7 & 8. DCA 8am-10pm.

Yay!! Can't believe our trip is coming up so soon that the hours are posted already. Sunday the 7th isn't a full day for us (plane lands around 9am) so I'm glad the park will be open until 12am. That being said, late park hours make sense since it will probably be crowded due to Columbus day.

Same for us for the 7th! But we're driving down from a wedding the previous night. So chances are by the time we're awake and functioning people and drive the hour, we won't get to DCA until 12 or 1pm. Im not worried, we're a party of 2 and will be using Max Pass and skipping direct ride copies that are also in WDW. our biggest must rides are incredicoaster, RSR, and Mission Breakout. I think we'll have PLENTY of time to do those 3 and enjoy the rest of the park. Dinner at 6:50 at Carthay Circle and then we'll get ready for Paint the Night! SO excited :)

Same for us for the 7th! But we're driving down from a wedding the previous night. So chances are by the time we're awake and functioning people and drive the hour, we won't get to DCA until 12 or 1pm. Im not worried, we're a party of 2 and will be using Max Pass and skipping direct ride copies that are also in WDW. our biggest must rides are incredicoaster, RSR, and Mission Breakout. I think we'll have PLENTY of time to do those 3 and enjoy the rest of the park. Dinner at 6:50 at Carthay Circle and then we'll get ready for Paint the Night! SO excited :)
Fun!! Oh yeah, you'll have plenty of time. We are a party of 2 as well, and you can always squeeze in more stuff with less people. I imagine we will get to the park by 11am. I'm SO excited to see Paint the Night again, but we aren't seeing it until Tuesday night and we are doing the Sonoma Terrace Reception. Enjoy the Carthay meal, I love that place!!

Question, when are entertainment times announced? We've got park hours but when will they give parade, fireworks, fantasmic times? is that more within a month out?

Question, when are entertainment times announced? We've got park hours but when will they give parade, fireworks, fantasmic times? is that more within a month out?

That's what I'm waiting for too! I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if Fantasmic will be showing on Saturday the 6th! I missed it last summer by about 10 days and I don't want to miss it again!

I am so excited, the hours for my dates are finally starting to show up online and so far both our arrival day and our first full day there have 8am-12am as the hours for DL. This makes me so happy!!!

Our park days are likely 10/20-21 and the 24th, with a Universal Studios visit in the middle, after that we’re picking up my DS from Marine boot camp, in San Diego; if he wants a Disney day at the start of his ten days of leave we’ll skip the 24th and have our third day be the following weekend.
I’ve booked five nights at the Super 8, I’ll drive up to US.
I haven’t been to Disneyland since 10/16
I myself completed Air Force basic training earlier this year, I’m very much looking forward to this visit.

:yay: We will be there October 12th thru the 14th for a quick weekend & staying in the villas @ Grand Californian !!! :D Looking forward to the annual Hoilday Haunted House theme !!!pixiedust:

Officially 1 month out! and it looks like they finally released fireworks/parade schedules. Is it better to do second fantasmic showing? i figure its less crazy but would love thoughts!

Officially 1 month out! and it looks like they finally released fireworks/parade schedules. Is it better to do second fantasmic showing? i figure its less crazy but would love thoughts!

No daytime parades in disneyland though? That's a shame. Super excited for PTN but would've liked something in Disneyland itself.

Currently trying to decide between first and second show for Fantasmic as well. My biggest factor is fireworks viewing. Ideally I'd like to see them from Main St/ hub area but I'm fickle about waiting for hours and hours. The partner more so.

How doable is getting to the second show from main St post-fireworks or should I just stick to the first fantasmic show so I can see fireworks from there?

Calling any mom/female RUNNERS traveling to Disneyland Oct. 14!!!

This is probably a long shot, but I loved my runDisney experiences so much, I thought I would plan a run at Disneyland while the Rundisney events are on hiatus. I am running in the Surf City 10 miler at Huntington Beach on Sunday, October 14th in the am. Just curious if there are any other moms/females staying near the disney properties that might be doing the run and would want to share an uber/lyft. My family is coming to the expo on Saturday with me, but wanted to get some extra z's on Sunday morning and I don't know how comfortable I feel taking an uber/lyft alone.

My sister and I will be ther October 21-25 staying at the Candy Cane Inn! Just booked today. I’m so excited!

Oh man, I’ll be doing the Surf City 10 with DH, but we’re staying in Huntington Beach the night before. Hopefully you can find someone to share a ride with as the parking situation can be nuts!

ETA: Forgot to insert my quote @tabersdismom24

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter