October 2019 Check-In Thread!

Checking in! Arriving 10/7 for 3 nights, staying at GCH (for now, provided we save enough money!). This will be our 5th visit to DLR, and we are having 7 nights at WDW the previous week! We have hoppers and MaxPass so hopefully will be able to manage what I expect to be insane crowds.

On interesting thing is on Touring Plans they are predicting longer hours at DLR - more like summer hours than fall hours. I hope this is the case as it will help spread the throngs out a bit.

First post in ages! Haven’t been to DL since 2008, but just booked a trip Oct 20-25 at Paradise Pier. It’s my mom’s first trip to DL, and we’re hoping to get as much of everything in with all of the SWGE madness (which is the part I’m most excited about!).

I'm curious what is going on from 10/16-10/20. I usually go from Friday to Sunday this weekend with an exception of last year as we stayed at the Grand with the Dapper Day Rate and went to the Halloween party on 10/31 which I will never do again as it was way too crowded for me. But anyhow the rates for offsite hotels are all doubled during this time frame. I mean July is even cheaper so what's going on?? I'm having a hard time finding a hotel I want to stay at and hilton honors and Marriott hotels are even sold out. Is there some sort of convention I am unaware of? If anyone knows please do share.

I'm curious what is going on from 10/16-10/20... But anyhow the rates for offsite hotels are all doubled during this time frame... Is there some sort of convention I am unaware of? If anyone knows please do share.
I'm going to guess that Utah's fall break is during that time frame. UEA (aka Utah Escapes to Anaheim) is no longer happening, but the fall break happens during those dates anyway. Many, many families plan their annual vacation to DLR then.

For those visiting during October, here is this year's Halloween Time Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread, DLR 2019... too early? Me thinks not!. Keep following there for news on the start of Halloween Time, MHP dates, special merchandise, etc.

I'm going to guess that Utah's fall break is during that time frame. UEA (aka Utah Escapes to Anaheim) is no longer happening, but the fall break happens during those dates anyway. Many, many families plan their annual vacation to DLR then.

For those visiting during October, here is this year's Halloween Time Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread, DLR 2019... too early? Me thinks not!. Keep following there for news on the start of Halloween Time, MHP dates, special merchandise, etc.
This is every year. I've gone the same time for 5 years and never saw the price hike like I'm seeing now. Just curious what has changed. I would say Galexy's edge but that also doesn't make sense because the July rates are low. It's just very strange.

So I did a Google search and it looks like there will be a Realators convention called CoreNet 2019 Global Summit North America from 10/17-10/23. We are coming 10/16-10/20. So I just booked my room through getawaytoday.com as that was the best rate I could get. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Keep an eye on the rates as your dates get closer -- there's a good chance you'll find something lower as hotels don't sell out all of the blocked rooms. And when you see your deal, grab it!

Keep an eye on the rates as your dates get closer -- there's a good chance you'll find something lower as hotels don't sell out all of the blocked rooms. And when you see your deal, grab it!
I would but I didn't want to pay extra for their insurance plan. I tried getting hilton to price match but they wouldn't.:( it's ok I got the best rate I could find with free breakfast so, I'll be fine. And hey I'm going to DL so, that's really all that matters.:o

Checking in! We are WDW vets and making our first family trip to Disneyland - dates Oct 21-25 roughly right now. Just booked an Executive room at Tropicana, happy to have a very short walk. We have two kids (7 and 4) and plan midday breaks. We have family in San Francisco, so we'll be in SFO on Oct 16/17, staying that weekend in SF, then driving down to Anaheim for a little bit of our Disney fix for the year.

Really excited to see what is different at Disneyland, and doing lots of research

Southwest flights opened up for October. I was able to grab one way for $49 this morning. If anyone's looking for Oct. Flights you may want to check it out before those cheap flights are gone.

We will be there oct 4-10th staying at VGC 6th-10th, (booked on dvc points) we’re still not sure where we’re going to stay the first two nights. Traveling is my wife and I and our two children. Our daughter will be 3 and our son will turn 5 while we are there.

We may spend the first two nights in San Diego or Carlsbad and hit the San Diego zoo or sea world as well. (Any advice on how to spend our extra time is welcome) We would prefer to stay the extra 2 nights in a Hilton property(I get lots of Hilton points from work), but have also thrown around two nights in the Disneyland hotel.

We are wdw pros. But this will be our first trip to DL and Southern California!

We’are staying Oct 14 & 15 at La Quinta - everything else was super expensive - 6 of us in total - 3 adults and 3 kids. I’d like to go to Halloween party if it’s happening but not sure how I’d handle with the time change.

Does anyone know what dates the party's will be on? We have never been for Halloween decorations and are making another trip this year to see that and hopefully catch a party. We are thinking of going in September before sister starts college. Trying to plan with not knowing her dates and disneys dates is a bit hard.

Does anyone know what dates the party's will be on? We have never been for Halloween decorations and are making another trip this year to see that and hopefully catch a party. We are thinking of going in September before sister starts college. Trying to plan with not knowing her dates and disneys dates is a bit hard.
They have not released the dates yet. Probably closer to May. Parties will start around 9/20 and will go to10/31. They have a party pretty much every Friday night for sure but for the weekdays they have changed them so, not totally positive what days they will be held. They also always have a party on Halloween night as well. I hope this helps with your planning. You can do a google search for part Halloween party dates or look for the other Halloween threads here on the DIS to get a better idea of the history.

First post in ages! Haven’t been to DL since 2008, but just booked a trip Oct 20-25 at Paradise Pier. It’s my mom’s first trip to DL, and we’re hoping to get as much of everything in with all of the SWGE madness (which is the part I’m most excited about!).

It is always really fun going with someone who has never been! Have fun planning!

I would but I didn't want to pay extra for their insurance plan. I tried getting hilton to price match but they wouldn't.:( it's ok I got the best rate I could find with free breakfast so, I'll be fine. And hey I'm going to DL so, that's really all that matters.:o

:D

We will be there oct 4-10th staying at VGC 6th-10th, (booked on dvc points) we’re still not sure where we’re going to stay the first two nights. Traveling is my wife and I and our two children. Our daughter will be 3 and our son will turn 5 while we are there.

We may spend the first two nights in San Diego or Carlsbad and hit the San Diego zoo or sea world as well. (Any advice on how to spend our extra time is welcome) We would prefer to stay the extra 2 nights in a Hilton property(I get lots of Hilton points from work), but have also thrown around two nights in the Disneyland hotel.

Sounds great! Hope you enjoy DL! :D

Sounds great! Hope you enjoy DL! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter