Off-site hotel for one night

b1234

Earning My Ears
Any recommendations for a nice-ish inexpensive hotel close to WDW for our arrival night? We will be stay onsite the rest of the trip but we are thinking about leaving a day earlier and would need one extra night before our stay starts. Doesn't have to have lots of amenities as it's just for one night.

Not fancy, nor the best in town, but for us, Ramada Gateway is a good one night hotel when all we are doing is sleeping. Price last time was about $60.00 a night. Try for a tower room as they are better.

when are you going? sometimes offsite hotel will have limits - like you have to stay for 3 or 2 days.
use to love Motel 6 around 5 to 10 minutes from AK - but it is now a Rodeway.

A few people on here mentioned Red Lion, so last year I tried it for one night. I need a one night stay this year too and of course I jumped on a deal for Red Lion again. It is perfect for a one night stay. Close to many restaurants and other conveniences.

A few people on here mentioned Red Lion, so last year I tried it for one night. I need a one night stay this year too and of course I jumped on a deal for Red Lion again. It is perfect for a one night stay. Close to many restaurants and other conveniences.

boy your stay and mind were very different - showed up at 11am to check in and was refused - this hotel was the only one who was demanding the check in 4:00pm - from the other guests heard the rooms were not cleaned even then.

at the Motel 6 - they had no problem checking me in early (neither have the timeshares and other hotels - with the exception of Orange Lake - again had to wait until 4:00pm).

boy your stay and mind were very different - showed up at 11am to check in and was refused - this hotel was the only one who was demanding the check in 4:00pm - from the other guests heard the rooms were not cleaned even then.

at the Motel 6 - they had no problem checking me in early (neither have the timeshares and other hotels - with the exception of Orange Lake - again had to wait until 4:00pm).

We arrived after 10pm which was well past check-in. I felt the place was clean and decent. Arriving that late, I just knew we would get a room that others had turned down but I was surprised to see they honored my request and gave us a room that faced the pool and seemed to be less than 10 steps away from it. It was so nice and peaceful for an August night. It was just a place for us to sleep for the night and shower in the morning. We didn't have high expectations, but I took the recommendation from reviews here on DIS. For a motel, the grounds were very well kept, and nothing looked tattered or worn out at all. I was impressed. The room itself didn't have anything out of place. It looked and smelled clean. Very tidy and the beds were quite comfy to my surprise. My girls were so eager to dive into the pool the next morning before we checked out. My DH watched the guy clean and test the water. He asked if the girls could get in so the guy knocked on our door when he was done. Cannonballs before 9am!!! :laughing: I don't think sleeping guests appreciated that all. :rotfl: But it was a great experience. Great enough to say I have a reservation for first night arrival again. This time we wont get there until after midnite. :rolleyes: Plane lands in MCO at 1030pm!!! :thumbsup2

glad you have a fun time! I live about an hour away - so early check in is important to me.

Spiceycat, do you know of any others that offer early check in? We're hoping to crash and take a nap after getting off the Dream and before MNSSHP. Nothing fancy, just one night and fingers crossed an afternoon napping spot. I called Red Lion and they said it depended on their occupancy the night before. I'd really like to know for sure if we'll be able to check in early somewhere instead of calling the day of arrival. Thanks for any ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter