Off site Mexican Any recommendations?

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Hello,
My DD and her brand new DH are coming in from Germany. They have both voted for Mexican food for their first dinner. I am holding an Olivia's ADR that I am going to cancel after looking at the menu again.

Any recommendations? Full service restaurant only, please. We will have a car. Picking them up at MCO - staying at OKW.

Thank you,

Chevy's at Hotel Plaza Blvd at S Apopka Vineland (just past the Disney Springs hotels at the end of the road near the stop light and I-4).

My DH ate at uncle Julio’s on I drive in the Orlando Eye complex. He said it was the freshest tortillas he has had outside of Mexico.

He ate there twice in March while I was dealing with snow or rain and No power!

Another vote for Chevy's...it's our favorite! Amazing tortillas and tableside guacamole...and the salsa is soooo addictive!

I'll second Rocco's Tacos - I really enjoy their menu and atmosphere. Uncle Julio's is always good too.

Another vote for Chevy’s. We really like it as well.

Rick Bayless has developed his reputation over decades of traveling to MEXICO and using authentic techniques and recipes. My suggestion is to consider something outside of the typical Americanized chains and consider Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs.​

My thoughts would be since they are coming in from Germany, I assume they have been there awhile and are craving "American" Mexican food - chips, salsa, guacamole, queso, and margaritas. If this is the case I'd probably hit up Chuy's, Chevy's or Uncle Julio's. We like Frontera Cocina, but that might not fill their been overseas for months want trashy American Mexican food craving.

My thoughts would be since they are coming in from Germany, I assume they have been there awhile and are craving "American" Mexican food - chips, salsa, guacamole, queso, and margaritas. If this is the case I'd probably hit up Chuy's, Chevy's or Uncle Julio's. We like Frontera Cocina, but that might not fill their been overseas for months want trashy American Mexican food craving.

Right

Right on!!!
They were both stationed in El Paso previously.
We have 10 days of ADRs.
They want Tex Mex.

OP, please realize that CHuy's and Chevy's are two different places. You've got recs for both.

OP, please realize that CHuy's and Chevy's are two different places. You've got recs for both.

I am familiar with Chevys. We have one here. Looking forward to Chuys. I think it will be just perfect for our group this time.

Thank you for checking! People.are so nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter