Off-site recommendations for a very short stay?

staceychev

Mouseketeer
Good morning! We've decided to do a trip to FL over spring break and will be spending most of the time with my dad in the Ft Myers area. However, we are going to buy 1 day tickets to Disney and go to MK on Easter Sunday. I'm looking for a place to stay Saturday night and Sunday night before heading down to Ft Myers. Many of the hotel discussions I see are from people who will be here for a full vacation, so they're looking for something different than we are - kitchen isn't necessary, size isn't important since it's only 2 nights, etc. I'm definitely looking at off-site, though.

Since we are going to be taking the AutoTrain to Sanford, we will be arriving to the hotel pretty early in the day. I'd like to have someplace that has a nice pool area for us to use in the afternoon, and I think we'll probably end up at Disney Springs in the evening, so proximity to that would be great. We do have a car, however. (Oh yeah, duh. AutoTrain.)

Us: Me, DH, DD14, DD9 - girls can share a Queen. A full would be pushing it!
Budget: Trying to be as frugal as we can without minimizing the experience or ending up at a dump - I have a bunch of Expedia points I can use.
Activities: pool is definitely important! Water slides and things like that are a nice-to-have. Arcade is unnecessary
Amenities: breakfast is nice but not necessary. Decent coffee is definitely preferred!

I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace last year for one night during a business trip and thought it was pretty good. Didn't experience the pool but it's HUGE and very impressive. The hotel is right across the street from Disney Springs, so super convenient for that. Definitely worth checking out for the kind of trip you're describing.

Any of the Disney Springs hotels are a good bet - especially if you have any hotel loyalty points with one of the chain. The Hilton BVP and Wyndham LBV are both right next to Disney Springs, we stayed at the Wyndham in August and walked to Disney Springs almost every day. If the hotel has the "official WDW hotel" stamp then you also get access to 60 day fastpasses and extra magic hours (same as onsite hotels). If you book through Priceline or Hotwire you can get some great rates.

Good morning! We've decided to do a trip to FL over spring break and will be spending most of the time with my dad in the Ft Myers area. However, we are going to buy 1 day tickets to Disney and go to MK on Easter Sunday. I'm looking for a place to stay Saturday night and Sunday night before heading down to Ft Myers. Many of the hotel discussions I see are from people who will be here for a full vacation, so they're looking for something different than we are - kitchen isn't necessary, size isn't important since it's only 2 nights, etc. I'm definitely looking at off-site, though.

Since we are going to be taking the AutoTrain to Sanford, we will be arriving to the hotel pretty early in the day. I'd like to have someplace that has a nice pool area for us to use in the afternoon, and I think we'll probably end up at Disney Springs in the evening, so proximity to that would be great. We do have a car, however. (Oh yeah, duh. AutoTrain.)

Us: Me, DH, DD14, DD9 - girls can share a Queen. A full would be pushing it!
Budget: Trying to be as frugal as we can without minimizing the experience or ending up at a dump - I have a bunch of Expedia points I can use.
Activities: pool is definitely important! Water slides and things like that are a nice-to-have. Arcade is unnecessary
Amenities: breakfast is nice but not necessary. Decent coffee is definitely preferred!
Try Doubletree at DS. They have suites and easy transportation to the parks.

Look into the hotels by Disney Springs. We've stayed at the B Resort and the Hilton Buena Vista Palace has a great pool. Easy walk to Disney Springs!

If the hotel has the "official WDW hotel" stamp then you also get access to 60 day fastpasses and extra magic hours (same as onsite hotels). If you book through Priceline or Hotwire you can get some great rates.

I'm so glad you told me this! For a one-day visit, FPs are going to be key.

I just booked Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace. It was a little more than I was going to spend, but the lazy river sold me!

I'm so glad you told me this! For a one-day visit, FPs are going to be key.

I just booked Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace. It was a little more than I was going to spend, but the lazy river sold me!

Nice! We are looking at that one for the next time we go down, I get Hilton points for my work travel so that will ease the price tag for us, the lazy river is a big bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter