Officer cleared in Kenosha, WI police shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
The Kenosha, WI prosecutor just announced that he had cleared the police officer who shot Jacob Blake on August 23, 2020. No charges against the officer.

Kenosha authorities have been preparing for this announcement with a curfew, increased police presence, and National Guard troops assigned to protect critical infrastructure.

Last week I alluded to pending cases which could be problematic. This is the first of 5-6 volatile cases.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...jacob-blake-shooting-in-kenosha-idUSKBN29A1YV

PLEASE don't turn this into a political discussion.

It's just a news item, and we wish the best for the people of Kenosha. Hopefully cool heads will prevail and folks will be able to exercise their freedom of speech in peaceful ways in Kenosha.

I won’t get into my thoughts about it except to say that the timing of the announcement couldn’t have been worse.

ETA: meaning we are already a nation on edge on a day/week of the year things are especially tense.

Last edited:

This just makes my blood boil. No one ever said that if he would have done what he was told none of this would have happened. Like stop. Put the knife done. All they scream is justice. So it’s ok he wasn’t doing what he was told. What good would stopping traffic stops. People already drive like idiots. The police have tried not chasing but went back to it since there it was even more dangerous. If people would act like civilized human beings we wouldn’t have this mess. All
People need to do is listen and do what there told. Case closed

This just makes my blood boil. No one ever said that if he would have done what he was told none of this would have happened. Like stop. Put the knife done. All they scream is justice. So it’s ok he wasn’t doing what he was told. What good would stopping traffic stops. People already drive like idiots. The police have tried not chasing but went back to it since there it was even more dangerous. If people would act like civilized human beings we wouldn’t have this mess. All
People need to do is listen and do what there told. Case closed
Bolding is mine. This belief comes from an extreme place of privilege. And I’ll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter