Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Thanks! Hey Heather I did weight watchers for FREE I have a point calculator that i bought and if you pm me your age weight and height I can calc your points for you and there is a free calculator lots of places online...

Wow, thread number 2!

I'm officially a week behind the Princess Half training program on the runDisney site, but it really can't be helped. Between rocky weather and being sick last week I'm just trying to be zen about it. So that means our 7 mile run is this Saturday, which I'm actually kind of excited about. Which officially makes me a weirdo. All of our runs this week co-incide with port days and don't interfere with any shows, so we should have no trouble staying on track.

And for those lamenting their weight issues - I'm with you. If I were at home, I'd be on WW. It's always been good for me to try and keep track of how much I'm actually eating. That's where things kind of fall down for me. I really like the new WW program (I did it for a month when I was last at home). For now, I'm just trying to find things in the staff mess, or on the buffet that don't look too laden with fat and oil.

I took off last week because I was sick - and I really missed running. I couldn't wait to get back on that stupid TM this week. How's that for nuts?

Have a great week!

I so hear you guys on the weight stuff. Through a combination of factors including opening a restaurant with amazing pastries a few months ago, I gained 12 pounds over the weight I was when I did my first half. I know it isn't that much in the scheme of things, but that weight is NOT. BUDGING. And my mentality is totally "hey, I just ran 8 miles, shouldn't I lose 2 pounds now?" :rotfl: I try to eat well, but am just not in a dieting mindset right now, so I'm pretending I'm just curvy. :goodvibes

I'm trying to actually just focus on the fact that I'm largely feeling strong and well prepared at this point in my training, other than the shin splint pain that seems to be haunting me. I'm tempted to go to an ortho, but I'm worried that I have a stress fracture, and even though this is COMPLETELY illogical I'd rather bury my head in the sand right now and hope I get through the next 11 weeks until the race and deal with it later. I don't want a doctor telling me to stop running!

Yay thread 2. Good luck to everyone with their weight loss. It's so hard this time of year. It was so dark and snowy here yesterday. All I wanted to do was stuff my face!

Hello thread #2! I am also behind in my training, so going for 7 this weekend. I am following galloway but due to lingering foot issues and my tendonitis, not going to push it....I think if I get up to 11 miles I will be ok. Hey I finished last year and its ok to walk if need be, I just want to finish.....I know I can do it, so I don't need the mental thing of 14 miles. Anyone Gallowayers who think this is a huge mistake, let me know, but I got up to 11.5 last year when I hurt my foot....so maybe mentally it has me afraid. Granted, don't want to injure myself at the race either......

I have started to incorporate juicing in my diet...I try to keep my juices 80% veggie, 20% fruit....always some kind of greens. Definitely great for me for breakfast or lunch or before or after a run....esp when I put coconut water in it! I have lost some weight as well with this since I think I have given up some calories....def substituted out some bad stuff. Also thinking the anti-inflammatory benefits of natural fruits and veggies is helping for the healing of my foot and shins. I haven't lost a ton of weight, but my clothes are much looser and people are starting to ask me if I have lost some weight and saying they can see I have. I would love to lose 20 more lbs, so far at 10. The thing is, juice even homemade can be high in calories, so just have to watch what I eat during the day as well....but I do love my juice!

Good luck to all trying to loose some weight......we can do it!

Happy Training everyone, we are getting closer and closer!

Checking in so I'm subbed!!

I've been bad, very lazy, way behind in my training, its been a rough last 2 weeks, hoping to get back into it this weekend and next week.

Keep up the good work ladies, you motivate me to get back on track princess:

Thread #2!

I'm really glad I have the Princess to look forward to. The previous 4 years I did the WDW Half, and this year I'm staying home...I don't think it's really quite sunk in yet. I'm a little sad, but I had to choose one or the other, and I had so much fun and less stress at Princess last year, I decided to go with the Ladies!

Maria :upsidedow

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Something great and funny happent o me today. I went to the gym to run for today and couldnt finished my run. Not because I was tired. It was because my pants were falling down and in the middle of the run my pants went down to my knees. :lmao: And yes the gym was full of people. There was a guy behind me in the elliptical and his face was so red. I couldn't stop laughing. I finish my exercise in the bicycle. I think is time to buy new gym clothes.

About loosing weight. I also use My Fitness Pal. Is a great tool. I had lost 34lbs so far. Some weeks I only lose 1lb and others I lose 2lbs. I'm in a 1,200 calories a day diet and so far is working. Also an application that is good is FOODUCATE, it helps to make the best selections at the supermarket.

OMG, Yes it sounds like time for new gym pants for sure.

I am getting back to training, the plan calls for 8 this weekend but I don't know if my hip is up for that far just yet, I will be happy if I get to 7

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Something great and funny happent o me today. I went to the gym to run for today and couldnt finished my run. Not because I was tired. It was because my pants were falling down and in the middle of the run my pants went down to my knees. :lmao: And yes the gym was full of people. There was a guy behind me in the elliptical and his face was so red. I couldn't stop laughing. I finish my exercise in the bicycle. I think is time to buy new gym clothes.

About loosing weight. I also use My Fitness Pal. Is a great tool. I had lost 34lbs so far. Some weeks I only lose 1lb and others I lose 2lbs. I'm in a 1,200 calories a day diet and so far is working. Also an application that is good is FOODUCATE, it helps to make the best selections at the supermarket.

My username is the same on My Fitness Pal if you want to friend me there. :) Currently I'm shooting for 1400 calories plus half of my exercise calories, trying to bust this plateau.

I can tell that being really conscience of what I'm eating this week has helped me feel better during my runs already. I had an awesome 4.5 mile run tonight!

Hello thread #2! I am also behind in my training, so going for 7 this weekend. I am following galloway but due to lingering foot issues and my tendonitis, not going to push it....I think if I get up to 11 miles I will be ok. Hey I finished last year and its ok to walk if need be, I just want to finish.....I know I can do it, so I don't need the mental thing of 14 miles. Anyone Gallowayers who think this is a huge mistake, let me know, but I got up to 11.5 last year when I hurt my foot....so maybe mentally it has me afraid. Granted, don't want to injure myself at the race either......

I have started to incorporate juicing in my diet...I try to keep my juices 80% veggie, 20% fruit....always some kind of greens. Definitely great for me for breakfast or lunch or before or after a run....esp when I put coconut water in it! I have lost some weight as well with this since I think I have given up some calories....def substituted out some bad stuff. Also thinking the anti-inflammatory benefits of natural fruits and veggies is helping for the healing of my foot and shins. I haven't lost a ton of weight, but my clothes are much looser and people are starting to ask me if I have lost some weight and saying they can see I have. I would love to lose 20 more lbs, so far at 10. The thing is, juice even homemade can be high in calories, so just have to watch what I eat during the day as well....but I do love my juice!

Good luck to all trying to loose some weight......we can do it!

Happy Training everyone, we are getting closer and closer!

Hi saysay, I am glad you posted that you are "Gallowaying" but keeping it to 11 miles. I am going to work up to 10 miles and do 7,8,9 or 10 on my long run weekends until the Marathon (I HOPE :rotfl:). I am not planning on doing anything more for a couple reasons...First, I am afraid of an injury. I am nursing my IT band syndrome now. Second, winter has arrived here in NE PA and my running courses are limited. And, I am definately not doing more than 10 on a treadmill:) I am thinking that the spirit of the race and photo opportunitities will keep me at a nice pace and the last 3.1 miles will be do-able (even if I walk 'em). That said...I have never trained for a half before and and new to longer distance running. So, don't take this as advice, but, rathar as support from another "princess in training".

QUOTE]

Okay, THAT is hysterical! I hope you had some cute underwear on, at least!!! Congrats on the weight loss; I think Santa definitely needs to bring you some new gym gear for Christmas!!

Hi saysay, I am glad you posted that you are "Gallowaying" but keeping it to 11 miles. I am going to work up to 10 miles and do 7,8,9 or 10 on my long run weekends until the Marathon (I HOPE :rotfl:). I am not planning on doing anything more for a couple reasons...First, I am afraid of an injury. I am nursing my IT band syndrome now. Second, winter has arrived here in NE PA and my running courses are limited. And, I am definately not doing more than 10 on a treadmill:) I am thinking that the spirit of the race and photo opportunitities will keep me at a nice pace and the last 3.1 miles will be do-able (even if I walk 'em). That said...I have never trained for a half before and and new to longer distance running. So, don't take this as advice, but, rathar as support from another "princess in training".

I had shin splints last summer so took an enforced break. I had only gotten back up to 10 miles before I did my 2nd half on Halloween weekend. It got a little rough at the end, but only b/c I really blew my pacing out the window for the last few miles. Otherwise, I had no prob. accomplishing 13 after only working up to 10. Most half-marathon plans only have you go up to 10, anyway, so you should be okay!

Completely unrelated to anything, but last Christmas I found a great running song that I loved. If you like Christian music, Toby Mac has a song out called "Christmas This Year" and it's cute, boppy, and it really made me smile when I was out running on a crisp, clear Christmas Eve!

Just checking in. This weekend I am running the local Reindeer Run 5k with my 12 year old son- it is a late afternoon race which is good it will give me time to recover from tonight's Christmas Party festivities.:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

I am having IT Band issues in just my left leg, only seems to really bother me after the run not during- I ran 11.25 miles last week without to much pain -thanking the makers of Alieve:worship:. My husband has even joined me on a few of my runs-he prefers biking less pain to his knees. Wishing you all great training runs this weekend.

I meant to mention a great song that I use as my 'home stretch' song - Be Good to Yourself, by Journey. I pop it into my running mix towards the end, and it's pretty inspirational (in a cornball sort of way).

Yah! We're on a 2nd thread now. So cool!

I'm running our local Christmas Rush tomorrow - 5K.
Can't wait.

Then Sunday I'm running 8 miles to stay on schedule for my Hal Higdon training plan that's getting me ready for the Tinkerbell 1/2 in January.

For those of you who haven't run the Princess 1/2 in the past, it is a blast.
You all will have a great time!

Can't believe we're on the 2nd thread, but that's definitely pretty cool!

I'm running a 5k tomorrow with some friends from work. It's a Reindeer Run, but we're not dressing up.

I think next week I'll get my next long run in (7-8 miles). Then life gets crazy and the holidays keep getting closer. One good thing about the holidays is that my work schedule changes and I start working later. Because I'm working later, I get to get out and run more!

Good luck to others who are running their own local races this weekend :thumbsup2

Has anyone checked a bag at the start of the race? It sounds like it would be time consuming. Should I just plan on carrying the essentials on my person? As of right now I am going to take others advise, dress in layers, and ditch my layers as we begin the race. I don't know how I am going to minimize what I need this early in the AM! Maybe I will carry a camelback full of coffee:goodvibes

Today's short run was extremely dissappointing and great all in the same 3.5 miles. It was the fastest I have ever run, however, I was stonewalled at 3.5. My IT band syndrome kicks in at 2.5 miles and stops me in my tracks at 3.3/3.5mi. I was sooo looking forward to 7-8 this weekend but based on my symptoms, I am going to shoot for 4mi at a really good pace and take it easy. My understanding of ITBS is that distance is NOT your friend but speed training is... who would of ever thought that I would be really dissappointed in the fact that I CANT do 8 miles this weekend??? I figure even if I have to take off of long runs until January I can still do 10 before the Princess. It is soooo crazy to me that last Sunday I ran 7 with a smile on my face and this week I can almost feel the pain kicking in around 3 miles. May try hot yoga to elongate my short muscles if this becomes a real issue in my training. I hope to get my foam roller in the mail this weekend to start some IT band release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter