Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

I'm about 98% sure I'm doing Goofy next year.

I'm also about 98% sure that I'm running another half this Sunday and another half the following Sunday. I haven't run a single mile since the Princess.

I'm 110% sure that I need my head examined.

You sound like you'd qualify as a Half Fanatic!
Check them out.

congratulations to all the princesses! I'm planning on running PHM 2013 and reading all your posts is keeping me motivated!

I have a question for those of you who ran 2012's race...did you purchase the commemorative pin and/or necklace for the Princess Half Marathon, and if so, do you mind posting photos of them? Do you like them? I saw that they were available for purchase to the runners, but they didn't have pictires of them. Just curious what they are like, and if I should be saving extra money for them.

Speaking of which, what were your favorite race purchases (from Expo, after the race, etc)? I know I'd want to buy some things to remember the race by, but I'd like to set up a budget ahead of time and wanted to get an idea of what I'd like to buy.

thank you!

I can tell that video is going to make me cry 2 seconds in. :)

As for the commemorative items, I was sorely disappointed in my necklace and I loved the pins. But I am a pin collector and not much of a jewelry person, so maybe that's why. But as for the necklace, I thought it was too small to distinct that it was a shoe on a pillow and so for that I didn't like it. It needed color or something. :confused3 I love the logo as I purchased the sticker and stuck that on my car so it wasn't that...just too tiny for the price. I know a lot of people were unhappy so I hope they will improve it next year. Will post pics later if someone else doesn't...

congratulations to all the princesses! I'm planning on running PHM 2013 and reading all your posts is keeping me motivated!

I have a question for those of you who ran 2012's race...did you purchase the commemorative pin and/or necklace for the Princess Half Marathon, and if so, do you mind posting photos of them? Do you like them? I saw that they were available for purchase to the runners, but they didn't have pictires of them. Just curious what they are like, and if I should be saving extra money for them.

Speaking of which, what were your favorite race purchases (from Expo, after the race, etc)? I know I'd want to buy some things to remember the race by, but I'd like to set up a budget ahead of time and wanted to get an idea of what I'd like to buy.

thank you!

I pre-ordered the pin and the necklace. The necklace was pretty disappointing. And they had them for sale at the expo. The pin was also available at the expo. I like the pin, but had I known they had it at the expo I would have just waited rather than pay the extra fee that active.com charged.

Of course you have to get the I DID IT shirt. Definately buy it before the race, I hear there weren't many left afterwards. They also had some cute tech shirts, ear hats with crowns for the race. And of course there were the Dooney & Bourke bags. I got the big tote. All the D&Bbags were sold out within 2 hours. I'll be honest, I don't know how much anything cost. I just wanted it all and didn't even look at the price tags. I kinda was :scared1: when I got up to the register! The biggest expense was the bag ($215).

I'll try to get some pictures posted.

thank you!

I know a lot of people were disappointed in the necklace but I love mine! :lovestruc I actually just wore it today! Its a pretty plain chain with 2 charms on it, one that is a pillow with a sneaker on it, the other is a circle that says Princess Half Marathon on it. I also got the pins and they are awesome too!!

Ah, the expo, I dropped so much money there but I love every one of my purchases!! Got the obligitory "I did it" T-shirt, my only complaint is that the neckline is really high and I feel confined when I wear it, but I still wear it but I tug on the neck all the time lol! I got a long-sleeve blue shirt that says Princess Half 2012, and I got the tech-material tank top, again with the logo. I got the sparkly bondi-band even tho I haven't worn it yet!

I also bought stuff at a few of the other vendors - I love my shirt I got made at the Lady Foot Locker spot - they had 4 different sayings to print on shirts, a whole bunch of colors of shirts and then you can choose the color its printed in! Mine says "A Lady runs from nothing" on a pinkish shirt with white lettering! I love it!!

Long long long story short, be sure to bring a lot of money, there are so many unique things, and for someone like me, this was probably the only Princess I will be able to do (financially, not physically lol) so I got everything I could get my grubby little paws on! Except the Dooneys, we didn't get to the expo til after 3:00 Friday afternoon, they were loong gone by then!

I have to agree on the "I Did It!" shirt. Anyone else feel like it was a weird cut? It almost fanned out from mid shirt to the bottom, so it hung weird and wide!

I have to agree on the "I Did It!" shirt. Anyone else feel like it was a weird cut? It almost fanned out from mid shirt to the bottom, so it hung weird and wide!

I agree. I wish I had gotten a size smaller. I usually don't like things too tight. I wore it Sunday after the race and I look either fat or pregnant in all my pictures. It definatley flairs out at the bottom.

I agree. I wish I had gotten a size smaller. I usually don't like things too tight. I wore it Sunday after the race and I look either fat or pregnant in all my pictures. It definatley flairs out at the bottom.

Me too! I wanted to show it off...but wore a jacket so I didn't look weird!

Yeah, not my favorite "I Did It!" shirt at all - and I have a few. ;)

thank you!

I pre-ordered the pin and the necklace. The necklace was pretty disappointing. And they had them for sale at the expo. The pin was also available at the expo. I like the pin, but had I known they had it at the expo I would have just waited rather than pay the extra fee that active.com charged.

This. I emailed runDisney and they weren't sure how much of anything would be available at the expo. Since I had missed out on the pin I ordered the necklace. I seriously think it was an ugly little thing and I had to pay a fee for it. I gave it to my DD who is usually thrilled to get any kind of trinket and she gave me a "gee, thanks" kind of look so, you know how good that was.:laughing:

The biggest expense was the bag

This was my main goal when I got on the expo line first. I grabbed the big tote and the wristlet ($265 total). I knew I wanted the I did it tee and the ears so I got those too, along with the car magnet, a crown for DD and the two pins. Since DD did the Kid's 1-Mile Race, I came back the next day and bought a key chain. I wish I had gotten the wine glass b/c that was gone by Saturday afternoon. I wanted to get the "Sorry Prince Charming, gotta run" shirt, but I already have a prince charming so I figured it was useless, LOL. Total spent, $378.41.:rolleyes1

Here's the bag:

f12976de.jpg

And all my junk inside, LOL:

2e54e3b7.jpg

It fits a lot and you can untie the sides to expand the bag. I love that it's big enough to carry my iPad!

I know a lot of people were disappointed in the necklace but I love mine! :lovestruc I actually just wore it today! Its a pretty plain chain with 2 charms on it, one that is a pillow with a sneaker on it, the other is a circle that says Princess Half Marathon on it. I also got the pins and they are awesome too!!

Ah, the expo, I dropped so much money there but I love every one of my purchases!! Got the obligitory "I did it" T-shirt, my only complaint is that the neckline is really high and I feel confined when I wear it, but I still wear it but I tug on the neck all the time lol! I got a long-sleeve blue shirt that says Princess Half 2012, and I got the tech-material tank top, again with the logo. I got the sparkly bondi-band even tho I haven't worn it yet!

Long long long story short, be sure to bring a lot of money, there are so many unique things, and for someone like me, this was probably the only Princess I will be able to do (financially, not physically lol) so I got everything I could get my grubby little paws on! Except the Dooneys, we didn't get to the expo til after 3:00 Friday afternoon, they were loong gone by then!

The charms on the necklace are so tiny, I feel like you can't even see the detail on them. I don't have a problem with my I did it tee. DH wanted a tee and they didn't have anything masculine at all at the expo so he bought one from the Champion truck behind the finish line. It's just like mine, but a male cut shirt and it's grey.

Thank you ladies for all the input! Looks like I'm going to have to save up for some serious shopping :laughing: I guess I'll skip on the necklace unless they make big changes though.

Those D&B bags are soooo cute!!! I probably won't be able to buy it though since we won't be going to the Expo till Saturday :sad1: Perhaps it's for the best though:rotfl:

I'm so looking forward to next year!

I finally changed my ticker. Feels a little like I'm cheating on the Princess, but I am super excited for Tower of Terror!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter