Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Would 2013 be your first marathon? I have far reaching goals for the same...marathon in 2013 and Goofy in 2014.

The 2012 princess was my first 1/2. I've also got the crazy notion that I can train for the full in 2013- with it being the 20th anniversary it is very temping and still in for the princess 13.

Me too! Princess 2012 was my first half. I'm thinking at least the full, and crazily have a notion of going Goofy. I have a month to decide.

The 20th anniversary for the full is making me think I might want to give it a go. I still definately want to do the Princess. I'm just not sure I can afford two trips to Orlando so close together. I could work more but that would cut into my training time. What's a girl to do?:confused3

I've been thinking about the full in 2013, too. The Princess was my first half and I said if I could finish that strong and not be in pain the day after I'd consider a full marathon. Well, I got both my wishes, but I'm not sure I have the time to train for a full. My long runs could take up to 6 hours!!:eek: But the Princess was SO. MUCH. FUN. I'd only consider running a full at Disney and the 20th anniversary has my interest peeked. It was great to have the support of everyone here while training for the 1/2, so part of me feels I have nothing to lose!

We're all in this together!

Nice! I have HSM stuck in my head now. :love:

The 20th anniversary for the full is making me think I might want to give it a go. I still definately want to do the Princess. I'm just not sure I can afford two trips to Orlando so close together. I could work more but that would cut into my training time. What's a girl to do?:confused3

I hear ya. I have some concerns about the cost as well- I travel from Austin. I plan on making Princess a shorter trip than I have in years past. I'll get in, run, get out- and plan on bringing my sisters along to share the hotel costs! I am an AP member, so my room *could* be discounted and then splitting with the sisters helps. And I have my park tickets already- of course. You can find a way! The training is harder to fit in with 4 kids, but I'll make it work.

I've been thinking about the full in 2013, too. The Princess was my first half and I said if I could finish that strong and not be in pain the day after I'd consider a full marathon. Well, I got both my wishes, but I'm not sure I have the time to train for a full. My long runs could take up to 6 hours!!:eek: But the Princess was SO. MUCH. FUN. I'd only consider running a full at Disney and the 20th anniversary has my interest peeked. It was great to have the support of everyone here while training for the 1/2, so part of me feels I have nothing to lose!

Same here- except I didn't go into the Princess thinking I'd do a full. It was a week later after I realized how well I recovered and how good I felt finishing that got me thinking I could go for the full. And the 20th is a draw here for me as well. I am a sucker for "special" surprises (supposedly something extra magical at 20!) The training runs will take me OVER 6 hours, but I figure I only need to do 2, maybe 3, that long.

We need to come up with a special name for Micky/Princess finishers now. :idea:

This is the video DD make...actually it is our whole weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQv_8KfTHiw&feature=youtu.be

just copy and paste. I can't figure out how to make it a link

so when I posted it..it made it a link?

thank you for sharing. made me cry as i so wish my mom and i could share these types of adventures together.

you two are just the cutest. SO incredibly blessed, and it's obvious you recognize the gift that you have in each other.

This is the video DD make...actually it is our whole weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQv_8KfTHiw&feature=youtu.be

just copy and paste. I can't figure out how to make it a link

so when I posted it..it made it a link?

OMG that made me cry such happy tears! What a lovely video!! Your relationship with your daughter reminds me of me and my mom, only difference is that my mom don't run :laughing: Maybe someday lol!

Thank you so much for sharing! That was AWESOME!!!

So I did the math. We actually will have enough DVC points to cover doining the full in January and the Princess. If airfare doesn't go too nuts, and I renew my AP, it's not too bad. I can pick up a bit of extra work without going nuts. Now the big question is, Can I really do a full marathon? :scared1: If I'm gonna do a full, like many of you have said, Disney will be the place to do it. I'll probably be travelling solo for the full, anyone want to tag along?!

You are all a bunch of foul temptresses. I would be lying if I said the idea of the full marathon hadn't crossed my bind but I had no idea it was the 20th anniversary. Tempting. Is the course as much fun as the princess? Are there as many characters and fun along the way? I had such a blast at the princess, would this live up to the same?

So I did the math. We actually will have enough DVC points to cover doining the full in January and the Princess. If airfare doesn't go too nuts, and I renew my AP, it's not too bad. I can pick up a bit of extra work without going nuts. Now the big question is, Can I really do a full marathon? :scared1: If I'm gonna do a full, like many of you have said, Disney will be the place to do it. I'll probably be travelling solo for the full, anyone want to tag along?!

Colleen, I'm really considering the full in January, :scared1: I will be running solo -I do have a couple friends that run Goofy but they are much faster than me, I figure if I'm gonna do this the 20th anniversay is the way to go! I know as soon as registration opens I'll have to decide quick, I'm sure it will sell out fast with it being the 20th. I'm definately in for the Princess 2013!

I'm about 98% sure I'm doing Goofy next year.

I'm also about 98% sure that I'm running another half this Sunday and another half the following Sunday. I haven't run a single mile since the Princess.

I'm 110% sure that I need my head examined.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you have sent my way after watching my DD's youtube video. I am truly a blessed mama...actually four times. I always feel so special when my young adults look forward to having a weekend together. The first and third Princess I ran with both daughters.

For all those looking to do the full...go for it. Just take plenty of time to train. I think there is more entertainment at the Princess and if I were to run the full again I would listen to music on my earphones.

My dh has run the WDW Full -- he describes it as less entertainment than the Princess, but more than you will find for any other Full!

One area where the Full has more support than the Princess -- you will find plenty of WISH cheerleaders who ran the Half the day before, and come out on the course to cheer the WISHers along -- make sure you are wearing some WISH gear so we can pick you out! There just might even be stop where WISHers provide Twizzlers and other goodies...

Oh! And be sure to come to the big WISH meet -- it's always held in the Pop food court at 4 on Friday. Tons of fun to see all the people you've been chatting with, and get a sense of how big the WISH community is!

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you have sent my way after watching my DD's youtube video. I am truly a blessed mama...actually four times. I always feel so special when my young adults look forward to having a weekend together. The first and third Princess I ran with both daughters.

I think it's not just them, but you. The kind of mom that inspires that kind of love and companionship and wanting to be together, is something very special.

It's really nice to see. :goodvibes

I've been working on the shadow box for my medal. Originally I was just going to have my bib, some pictures and the medal..but then I decided to just leave the bib on the corset piece. Then I figured hey, I'm never going to wear this running shirt again , so why not put the whole top?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter