Official 2012 Wine and Dine ½ Marathon Thread

Question :),
If you have family who want to see you finish the race, but we don't want to attend the after party, are they able to be in Epcot to meet you at the finish? If so, how? If not, what could they do instead?
Thanks!

Have fun everyone! I wish I could fit this race in again this year. This is my favorite Disney race so far! LOVE the evening start and the after party. Last year, I stayed at BWV, so it was very convenient to walk home after the party. Look forward to doing it again another time.

If you have family who want to see you finish the race, but we don't want to attend the after party, are they able to be in Epcot to meet you at the finish? If so, how? If not, what could they do instead?
Thanks!

The finish is actually outside the main Epcot gate so your family can meet you without purchasing tickets. It's lively so your family should have fun waiting for you.

Thanks!

Last year, we finished in the taxi lot at Epcot, in front of the main entrance. However, I think if someone wants to see you finish, they would need to be part of the chEAR Squad. Unless they change the race ending configuration again. (Last year was TOTALLY different than the first year.) I doubt it too much that they'll change it a whole lot though.

The finish is actually outside the main Epcot gate so your family can meet you without purchasing tickets. It's lively so your family should have fun waiting for you.

Last year, we finished in the taxi lot at Epcot, in front of the main entrance. However, I think if someone wants to see you finish, they would need to be part of the chEAR Squad. Unless they change the race ending configuration again. (Last year was TOTALLY different than the first year.) I doubt it too much that they'll change it a whole lot though.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup2

Hoping to join you at the Wine & Dine! Just waiting for the school calendar to get released, and then I'll know for sure :D

I'm thinking about signing up. This would be my first half. Do you think a night race would be a mistake for a first timer? I had hoped to try the Princess Half this weekend, but we ended up with family travel plans that conflicted. Maybe just as well since I've had bronchitis for 2 weeks and can't imagine running even 5 miles right now. A fall race would be better in terms of training... it's harder to stay active in the cold (we live in Maine.)

I prefer that it is at night because I'm not a morning person and highly doubt I can get up early for a morning one! I also just think it sounds really cool!

The site is updated (still no host resort details that I could find)

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon

$155 by May 22, 2012
$160 between May 23 and July 17, 2012
$185 on or after July 18, 2012

Disney Family Fun Run 5K

$50 per participant
$55 per Stroller division participant

runDisney Kids' Races

$10 per Kids' Dash participant
$25 per 1-Mile Run participant

I dont see any info on when the expo is either... I need to be able to pick it up the morning of the race! :sad1:

I dont see any info on when the expo is either... I need to be able to pick it up the morning of the race! :sad1:

The expo will be Friday and Saturday. It won't be a problem if you are referring to the Half Marathon or the Kids races. And I think they had bib pick up at the race for the 5K last year and the year before???:scratchin

Definitely the half! We originally had booked a cruise that would have worked with the old dates, when moved it when the race was moved; but it means we will be getting off the ship that morning (if they hold us up at customs we may not get out until 9:30 or 10) and will have to book it to the expo! Do you know when they have closed it in the past?

Definitely the half! We originally had booked a cruise that would have worked with the old dates, when moved it when the race was moved; but it means we will be getting off the ship that morning (if they hold us up at customs we may not get out until 9:30 or 10) and will have to book it to the expo! Do you know when they have closed it in the past?

I want to say the expo closed at 4 or 5pm on Saturday last year.

Did everyone notice there isn't going to be a relay for this 2012 W&D 1/2?

I am very disappointed about this! We were planning on doing the relay this year, luckily hadn't booked anything yet, but its super disappointing. Drat! Back to the planning drawing board...

I hadn't noticed. Thanks for bringing it up. Some travel companions enjoy doing the relay. Guess they are either going to need to pony up to the Tower of Terror 10 miler or just come as spectators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter