• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 MVMCP Information

Sort of. A week later, the day after the last party, they will start offering the parade and other entertainment from the Christmas party during regular prak hours.

Right. I was referring to the date the OP mentioned. After the parties are all done, the next week, they have Christmas stuff in the park.

I wondered, I was looking at dates and hours for Magic Kingdom December the 16th. They're open late that Monday, and when you look at tickets for the Christmas party, that day isn't available. So does anyone know if they do the Christmas Party activities during Extra Magical Hours??

On December 16th, you'll only have two additional hours in MK without any Christmas Party extras.

If you go to MK December 21st - 31st, there will be many Christmas Party activities taking place as the last special event party is December 20th.

Oh, I'm already booked for December 16th, that week. In the past, Christmas 2010, I was there after Christmas day thru New Years. It was one of the best trips ever, BUT at the same time, the worst crowds I've ever experienced, and I'd never go back during those dates again.

I'm praying the shirts aren't sold out by 12/17! I read that we can buy MVMCP merch starting at 5 as long as we show our wristband...is this true?

I'm praying the shirts aren't sold out by 12/17! I read that we can buy MVMCP merch starting at 5 as long as we show our wristband...is this true?

I read that same info. It wouldn't hurt to ask when you enter MK especially because you will have your wristband.

On Ray Sharpton's thread, he reported the shirts are available at disneystore.com but may take 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Another question- sorry for all these questions! We're MVMCP newbies here ;)

But are the characters out for meets during the parades? We were going to hit up the 2nd parade and hope for some short lines for rides and characters during the 1st parade.

Another question- sorry for all these questions! We're MVMCP newbies here ;) But are the characters out for meets during the parades? We were going to hit up the 2nd parade and hope for some short lines for rides and characters during the 1st parade.

Yes, they are out throughout the duration of the Party. In 2010, we waited about 30 minutes to meet the Dwarves while the first parade was running.

Yes, they are out throughout the duration of the Party. In 2010, we waited about 30 minutes to meet the Dwarves while the first parade was running.

Wow, that's great to hear!

I was going to skip the Dwarves after hearing about the long lines, but I may try to meet them if I can get a short wait.

Thanks for your help! :)

I can't believe that the pins are already gone. This makes me worry a little about the shirts. If only there was a way to get a shirt more quickly than 6-8 weeks.

Does anyone know (maybe from Halloween parties) if you go to another park in the AM on a party day and use 3 FP+ there with regular admission, the party ticket will allow you to make another 3 FP+ (so 6 FP+ altogether) from the 4-7pm party window in MK?

I can't believe that the pins are already gone. This makes me worry a little about the shirts. If only there was a way to get a shirt more quickly than 6-8 weeks.

Same here. I'm pretty concerned about that. I don't see why they couldn't make more though :confused3

We were told no at the Emporium and Mickeys Star Traders until 7pm. Nt sure if some CM's allow this while others don't.

Wow, that's great to hear!

I was going to skip the Dwarves after hearing about the long lines, but I may try to meet them if I can get a short wait.

Thanks for your help! :)

Not all characters are meeting during the parade. Jasmine and Aladdin don't meet because they are in the parade. The Country Bears don't meet during the parade either.

Due to the rain, the fireworks, one parade, and one Celebrate the Season stage show ran during tonight's party. Not sure if Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show was held as there were no reports on this show.

Hope the weather improves for everyone at the parks on Saturday!

I was at last night's party (11/14) and all the pins were available. The had an entire kiosk display full of all of the snow globe options. I got the Mickey/Minnie one and DS got the Chip/Dale one. They also had the Passholder Grumpy pin available and the more expensive options. There was no mention of anything being sold out by any worker there.:confused3

We couldn't resist attending another Christmas Party so purchased tickets for last night (Thursday). Thought I would do another review on our night. We went in with no set plans, just to see the parade and Holiday-Wishes and meet some characters.*

We arrived at 6:00pm.The gates were fairly quite and we got our wristbands without a wait. We rented a locker and headed into the park just as the Fairy Godmother was lighting up the castle. Main St was full, already 1-2 deep with people waiting for the parade. According to one CM in Main St Bakery, this one family had been sitting on the kerb since 4:30pm for the parade. Santa already had a line with 15 families already there by 6:20pm.*

We stopped by the Candy Store, Main St Bakery for Coffee and then Casey's for a snack. Casey's and the Candy store was full, the Bakery was quieter but still about 5-10 people in line on both sides.*

By the time we finished Casey's, the party was starting. We took some photos on Main St and headed toward the Hub. They have been more strict on checking *wristbands for the Christmas Party than the Halloween Party. They were checking people for wristbands who were waiting for the parade and people waiting for Celebrate the Season show. At 7pm, they block off the Hub and without a wristband, you cant get into the Hub at all.*

The Hub already had people 2-4 deep waiting for the parade and people were about 8-10 rows for the first Celebrate the Season show so we decided to skip the first show and head into Tomorrowland. We rode the PeopleMover and Buzz with no wait for either. We stopped by Mickeys Star Traders and they only had the Donald, Toy Soldier and Grumpy pins available. :( *Phineas and Ferb had about 15 people waiting to meet them but we kept going. (they meet where Buzz does during the day)*

We walked past Club Tinsel at Cosmic Rays and Chip and Dale were there. There were about 20 families there. We said hi to the chipmunks, danced a little and then left. Their outfits are cute. If you want proper photos with them, hit this late at night. By 11:30pm, the dance party is very quite and they'll pause for proper photos. As we were leaving Chip and Dale were going on a break. Pluto and Santa Goofy would be coming by. Note the characters swap out every 20-25 minutes or so. Pluto is usually the first character, sometimes joined by Santa Goofy, from 7pm.*

We went by Storybook Circus and Daisy, Donald and Scrooge had a 20 minute wait. 20 minutes become a 35 minute wait but Scrooge is so rare, it was worth meeting him again. Dumbo and Goofini rides both had a 5 minute wait time posted. By the time we meet Scrooge and the Gang, the wait time was an hour for them. later in the evening it was back down to about 30 mins.*

We walked past the Hundred Acre Wood Gang, they were half way through their set. Apparently their set had been cut 5minutes before they arrived. They are very popular so if you want to meet them, arrive 20-30 mins before they arrive.*

By this stage, it was 8:45pm. Minnie had a 10-15 minute wait. Rapunzels side had a posted wait time of 40 mins, with Cinderellas side was *
35 mins long. Mary Poppins, Bert and the Penguins were returning for 9pm and already had a long line with an advised wait time of 15 when they arrived. They usually meet at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. Apparently their 11pm set is dependent on crowds and demand.*

We stopped by Pinnochios for a Cocoa and Cookie break. Peter Pans Flight was open, with a wait time of 25 minutes. Wendy and Peter were meeting. They arrived at 8:45pm, with their line cut by 9:05pm. Hook and Smee didn't make an appearance at this party at all.*

We headed back toward the Carousel. We jumped in line for Minnie and waited 10 minutes for her. The outfit is a red dress with crystals. Her location is a little hard to take photos in as there is a strong spotlight coming from the building across.*

We watched the fireworks from Fantasyland. The Dwarves and Minnie kept meeting during the fireworks. During the fireworks, Rapunzels wait time went down to 15 mins, and Cinderellas was down to 10 minutes. *

Once the fireworks were over, we got in line to meet Mary Poppins. They were coming back at 10pm. We got in line at 9:45pm and there was already 5 families lining up. Within 5 minutes, it was 17 families long. Within 5 minutes of them arriving, their line was cut and they would be returning for an 11pm set.*

We headed to Liberty Square, where we got a front row spot for the parade at 10:15pm. If you want to film the parade or take photos, this isn't a great spot. All the lights remain on and the photos seem to come out blurry no matter what the setting. However we were happy with the spot and had some fun interactions with the characters.*

During the parade, there are no characters meeting at Diamond Horseshoe, since all 3 are in the parade. Within 5 minutes of the parade ending, the Country Bears arrive for their meet and greet. Wait time is 5-10minutes and they are great to meet. They are really interactive.*

We stopped by Adventureland and Prince Ali *and Abu were almost finished their set for the night. Ali/Aladdin along with Abu are the characters that return strait after the parade and they swap out with Genie and Jasmine. Odds are if you line up while Aladdin and Abu are meeting, you'll get Genie and Jasmine and vice versa.*

At 11:15pm, the Faeries were still showing a 20 minute. We kept going toward the Hub and got a front row spot for the 11:20pm Celebrate the Season show.*

The show goes for 20 minutes and afterwards, we headed to Club Tinsel where Chip and Dale were hanging out. It was very quite, about 5 families so we got photos with the boys and danced until midnight. The dance party ends right on midnight. As we were walking out, the Tomorrowland show was finishing up and it looks a little busy but not overly so. About 200-300 people were there.*

We headed out of the park, Main St was fairly quite. PhotoPass only had two photographers out at 12:15am. One in the Hub and one at the end of Main St where Marie and Pluto meet during the day. *All others were closed or gone, including the photographer near the Rose Garden.*The stores were closed, the balloon sellers were still out but went in at 12:30am. The balloons are $12 for the Mickey Head inside the clear balloon (red or green for the party) or $15 for the light up balloon.*

The monorail was still running when we left at 12:45am. It wasn't that busy, neither was the boats to TTC. They had countless buses for all the resorts and people were still coming out of MK as we left.

Just curious - with all the pin and shirt shortage talk, what other merchandise do they have that is party specific? Any kind of mugs, ornaments, etc.? I'm not into the pins, or the shirts much either. I used to collect the small plush they sold at the parties, but I haven't seen those for a while.

Thanks!

Just curious - with all the pin and shirt shortage talk, what other merchandise do they have that is party specific? Any kind of mugs, ornaments, etc.? I'm not into the pins, or the shirts much either. I used to collect the small plush they sold at the parties, but I haven't seen those for a while. Thanks!

There is an MVMCP dated ornament. No characters are pictured on it, just the wording.

http://wdwnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-8.37.54-AM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter