Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Updated the first post with the official corrals and bib numbers up to here, keep em comin! And check out who you're corral buddies with! :thumbsup2

Wow - we are one bib number apart. My PRs don't quite stack up like yours though; I am humbled.

I'm in H as well, starting to get a little worried about the amount of people in H with me! Looking at my time for the 10k I should be in corral C, I should have submitted one of my 10k races instead of just letting them use my previous half time. So excited, it's getting so close now!!!

My bib for DDD 24311 coral H
5K 3627

31 days till we leave. Daughter is running with me. She might be walking as she injured her right foot a few weeks ago.

Good to know. Personally, I don't see why they don't have two separate bibs for the races. When I ran Dumbo last year I snagged my bib during the 10K and ripped part of it. Wasn't fun to use the same one for the Half then as well. You'd think for the cost you could get individual bibs.

QUOTE]

Logistically, I prefer standing on one line to get one bib, rather than standing on the 10k line and then a half line. Bibs typically don't rip that easily. I have bunch laying around my house. They just don't look pristine, but after running 19.3 miles, I no longer cared. I just wanted the medal.:)

Just confirming my bib numbers...

5k - 4553
10k - 33773

Just waiting on the corral assignment for the 10k now, although I already know I'll be in the last one ;)

This is getting very real :eek:

If I did my math right, corral H will have about 3548 people in it give or take.

i counted 3550, so you're right on.

and i'm a bit disappointed in it. especially because I has 2900, as does G. there really should have been another corral in the middle to break it up. 11:30 m/m runners with almost 15:00 m/m runners is going to make a hot mess.

here's my breakdown:

Elite - 30 -
A - 900 - <1:50
B - 901 - <1:55
C - 900 - <2:00
D - 900 - <2:05
E - 1000 - <2:10
F - 1000 - <2:15
G - 2900 - <2:30
H - 3550 - <3:13
I - 2900 - <3:25
J - 3697 - <3:30

Logistically, I prefer standing on one line to get one bib, rather than standing on the 10k line and then a half line. Bibs typically don't rip that easily. I have bunch laying around my house. They just don't look pristine, but after running 19.3 miles, I no longer cared. I just wanted the medal.:)

I must be extra clumsy to have ripped mine, lol. It wasn't anything substantial, but it still ripped. And I still don't see why they don't do it, it wouldn't necessarily mean having to wait in two lines. You could still have one area to go to for the challenge and get it all there. I can't imagine it would really be that difficult to do.

I must be extra clumsy to have ripped mine, lol. It wasn't anything substantial, but it still ripped. And I still don't see why they don't do it, it wouldn't necessarily mean having to wait in two lines. You could still have one area to go to for the challenge and get it all there. I can't imagine it would really be that difficult to do.

lol You must been caught at the exact right spot. That only happens to me when I wear a nice sweater.:goodvibes

From a volunteer point of view, I think it just adds an unnecessary layer.
Having to go through two sets of numbers per person at that one booth is just asking for more confusion, especially if one comes up missing. Those bibs are slippery, so it is really easy to have them stick together or to pull the wrong one. There is also limited counter space for adding another set of bibs per person. Can you tell that I've had a love-hate relationship with them?:laughing:

Just confirming my bib numbers... 5k - 4553 10k - 33773 Just waiting on the corral assignment for the 10k now, although I already know I'll be in the last one ;) This is getting very real :eek:

Generally we don't see 10k breakdowns. It's surprise on bib pick up. No idea why.

Generally we don't see 10k breakdowns. It's surprise on bib pick up. No idea why.

Oh, that's good to know! Thanks :goodvibes

As I said, it really won't be any surprise for me, so it doesn't bother me. I'll just know to stop looking out for it!

Corral C for me :goodvibes

Awesome, Ann!

I got H. My brother didn't submit a POT and I'm not good at convincing him to do things, so I didn't even bother to tell him to submit something so he could come back to me rather than me going back to his no-POT self...

So he's in I. And therefore, I will be there too.

I sure hope he's motivating, that's all I have to say!

If he's even up to running...on Sunday his beloved cat passed away, and since their cats are their babies it's just devastating. To us, too. We already have the trip planned, we'll be there at his house in a few weeks...but I'm not counting on him being up to running such a festive thing. And it would be totally understandable.

Just so sad about their cat.

Bib 20085(corral A) for me. I would have figured that whatever corral I'm in for the half is the same for the 10k since I'm doing DDD. Is that not correct? I think I remember only having one corral assignment for Goofy but of course this could be different.

Corral G for me. I thought I would be further up, I didn't realize there were so many people running <2:00!

Bib - 3041
Corral F

Cannot wait. My flight takes off for Anaheim in 29 days!!!!:cool1:
Looking forward to having that Coast to Coast medal around my neck as well!

I'm in corral I. That's one big corral! Little bummed since my number is near the front (7682) but oh well. How early do you think it will be necessary to get there to get a spot near the front? This is my first DL race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter