Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

I really dont think he will change it much. Really the only thing different from goofy would be the 10k on Friday. Thursday is already the 5k (30-45 minutes) So that just means the 10k. Granted that 6.2 miles is nothing to sneeze at, but I dont see him changing it that much.

Hi All! I registered today with a code and link that a DVC passed along to me. I am hearing comments that people are saying that Run Disney may withdraw those who registered today that are not DVC. Has anyone on this board heard that? My credit card was charged, I received an active.com receipt and confirmation email. I am probably being a bit paranoid, but I just wanted to make sure I got in, and when I was passed along the information from a DVC member, and when it allowed me to both sign up and use the code, I decided to see if it worked-and it did!

Anyone know anything about this or hear anything? Thanks in advance!

I haven't heard anything but I don't think there's really going to be anyway they can do that. As far as I could tell there was no verification for AP members and that opened today as well. :-/

How dicey is hte weather for race weekend? I ws there in '07 and it was WARM, but I'm wondering if it's usually too cold for younger kids?

It depends on the year. I think it was hailing/snowing in 2010.

2002 - cold/snow
2003/4/5 - decent to hot 9
2006 - cold/snow/wind
2007 - hot, real hot&humid
2008 - hot/humid/thunder storms mid day on Marathon Sunday.
2009 - hot, humid
2010 - record cold/snow/sleet/rain/wind
2011 - Cool mornings, but overall good weather!
2012 - Perfect weather& upper 70's, light breeze, clear
2013 - record heat
2014& ??????

Pattern? Winter visits Orlando about every 4 years& :scared1:

I am in! Registered and confirmed. I noticed on Facebook this morning that it is reported to be 42% full after the first day. That made be nervous so I searched Facebook (Dopey Challenge page) for the link and fortunately found it.

Guess it is time to change my avatar from Goofy to Dopey!

I am in! Registered and confirmed. I noticed on Facebook this morning that it is reported to be 42% full after the first day. That made be nervous so I searched Facebook (Dopey Challenge page) for the link and fortunately found it.

Guess it is time to change my avatar from Goofy to Dopey!

Where did that 42% come from?

They only released around 2000 spots for early registration. No need to be concerned just yet.

Where did that 42% come from?
Here it is. It came from the Disney Marathon Weekend page.

FYI- according to a Goofy Training page here on Facebook, they are saying that Dopey is already 42% full and they are allowing 1800 runners for it! Filling up FAST!
Like · Reply · 1 · about an hour ago

Not sure it is true, but it lit a fire under my butt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter