Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

Wow! Well I'm registered for th 10K and my hubby is registered for the 1/2. Its my 4th runDisney race and his first. I was tempted to do the 1/2 but I want a Minnie Medal =)

I would love to do the Minnie but the Dumbo Double Dare took my budget and we'll be in WDW the week week following the races, so I just can't swing it. Maybe 2015! :goodvibes

I haven't checked the website yet but you say these races are near sold out do you mean the pre registration? I cannot imagine this soon anything would be near sold out.

I haven't checked the website yet but you say these races are near sold out do you mean the pre registration? I cannot imagine this soon anything would be near sold out.
Nope.. Not pre-registration, they are really almost sold out. I would say the 10K will be by the end of the day if not sooner.

For reference, the DDD sold out within hours of open registration if I remember correctly.

These are not pre-registration numbers. The 10k is almost sold out with only 4% remaining.

Wow. I just checked it out. I cannot believe that! The Dopey race will probably be sold out within a few days.

Last year the Goofy challenge (which didn't have a % sales) sold out in or around June I think. The 5k had availability for most of last summer however this year its already at 65%.

Are they having less runners for 2014? Perhaps they want to tame it down a bit?? Disney? Nah. Or are there really that many folks out there wanting to do this.

I mean the Dopey is nearly sold out? I am baffled. I didn't think there were that many dopes out there - myself being one of them.

Wow. I just checked it out. I cannot believe that! The Dopey race will probably be sold out within a few days.

Last year the Goofy challenge (which didn't have a % sales) sold out in or around June I think. The 5k had availability for most of last summer however this year its already at 65%.

Are they having less runners for 2014? Perhaps they want to tame it down a bit?? Disney? Nah. Or are there really that many folks out there wanting to do this.

I mean the Dopey is nearly sold out? I am baffled. I didn't think there were that many dopes out there - myself being one of them.

Rundisney has said they lowered the runners by 2000 this year! That might have a little to do with it but I think the dopey challenge is just to hard to pass up!!!

Now the DW and two DS are signed up for the 5k and me the Dopey. DW is not a runner...excited that she wanted to sign up. Now the grandparents need to come to was the the 2 year old.

10k is sold out. So glad we got in during pre registration for the Dopey (even though it's not sold out it's still crazy how fast it's filling up!)

camandjacksmom: Do you know how many runners that actually allow for each race? Does disney ever release the numbers?

10k is sold out. So glad we got in during pre registration for the Dopey (even though it's not sold out it's still crazy how fast it's filling up!)

camandjacksmom: Do you know how many runners that actually allow for each race? Does disney ever release the numbers?

There was only 7000 for the goofy so I guess that Dopey was less than that?

Does anyone think they will open the 10 k again? Or is it gone?

If u go thru a travel agent that is listed on the registration section of the marathon weekend section of the RunDisney website or thru one of the charities also listed on that section of the website you can still get into the Minnie 10K but there are other things you have to buy - travel packages - fundraising, etc - Good Luck!

I haven't heard anything for sure just all the speculation on the disboards but the interview about the 2000 lower race participants said these would mainly come from the half marathon!

Well if anyone's weighing options, you better hurry! 10k sold out, Dopey at 85%, 5k at 84%, Half Marathon at 51%. I'm assuming there's still plenty of room for the full marathon and the Goofy Challenge as their percentages aren't even listed.

Well if anyone's weighing options, you better hurry! 10k sold out, Dopey at 85%, 5k at 84%, Half Marathon at 51%. I'm assuming there's still plenty of room for the full marathon and the Goofy Challenge as their percentages aren't even listed.

At least 50% still available. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter