OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

When it looked at my garmin numbers I saw it took 40 min to ride Everest not the 10 I had expected. The cast member controlling the single rider line was not concerned with moving us on. I am so glad I did the race but not sure whether I'll do another marathon. If I do I won't do EE again. I'm glad I did but the price I paid was too high in time.

Wow, we had such different EE experiences! We were in corral L and got to EE about 9:05. They were waving all the runners through the fast pass line at that point and putting us on trains as fast as they could. I think it only took us around 5 minutes maybe.

Wow, we had such different EE experiences! We were in corral L and got to EE about 9:05. They were waving all the runners through the fast pass line at that point and putting us on trains as fast as they could. I think it only took us around 5 minutes maybe.

I reached EE at 9:15. The wait was posted at 5 minutes but single rider line was open with no wait; I walked right up to line and was sent for the next car. I was in and out in five minutes too.

If Goofy was out there, I missed him. :mad: Considering the number of "Goofy" runners, this was a huge disappointment for me.

As far as I have seen Goofy only alternated with Donald in golfing clothes by the golf course. That was at mile 8 or 9; between Lilo & Stitch and the Villains. There was not a set Goofy greeting like there was for Dopey that I saw.

As far as I have seen Goofy only alternated with Donald in golfing clothes by the golf course. That was at mile 8 or 9; between Lilo & Stitch and the Villains. There was not a set Goofy greeting like there was for Dopey that I saw.

Yeah, the only time I personally saw Goofy was actually during the 10K, in his football outfit, outside ESPN on the boardwalk. If I had known that was the last time I'd see him, I would have stopped. Oh well!

steves1019 said:
I guessing zigged and zagged a lot, ended up at 26.57. Great run, weather was as good as it could have been I think and everything went well. I must say I wasn't a fan of WWoS. All those turns makes it hard to maintain a steady pace. PR for me, it was my first marathon :-). I'm back next year for Dopey, with 15 anniversary Goofy medal. Hop everyone's run went well,

My Garmin showed 26.56 from start to finish. I must have followed the same path.

This was my first marathon and I really enjoyed it.

The best part, by far, were the large crowds of people in the parks, at the TTC, along the Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht Club, and everywhere else people gathered to cheer us on.

A big thank you to everyone that stood along the course to cheer the runners on!

I was bummed about that too. I saw he was at the finish but it was in a bad spot, like you had to stop 5 feet from the finish to get a picture with him and that just seemed awkward. I actually hesitated, then realized that I hadn't crossed the finish yet and so I turned and kept going. And of course they don't let you go back once you've crossed. I get that it was the inaugural Dopey so they had him in a great spot, but I really wanted a picture with Goofy since I'd worked so hard to finish that challenge.

did anyone here stay at OKW for Marathon Weekend? We did, and really enjoyed the resort (for what little time we actually spent there!) We rented DVC points and were able to book "Hospitality House" area, we were nice and close to the main building and the busses to the Expo/races.

We are going down next month for the Princess Half and will be renting DVC points again, but are not able to book "Hospitality House" area this time. I was wondering if there is any type of shuttle from the more far flung areas of OKW that would bring you to the main building to get on the bus the morning of the race? I know there are internal shuttle busses that run, but I wasn't sure if they run at that time (3:30 AM ish) I mean, I guess we could walk but at that God awful time of the morning, I don't want to have to leave the room any earlier than necessary!

I've had good success with room requests when doing on-line check-in. You can request close to the lobby or always call about 7-10 days ahead and ask you be put as close to the main lobby as possible.

did anyone here stay at OKW for Marathon Weekend? We did, and really enjoyed the resort (for what little time we actually spent there!) We rented DVC points and were able to book "Hospitality House" area, we were nice and close to the main building and the busses to the Expo/races.

We are going down next month for the Princess Half and will be renting DVC points again, but are not able to book "Hospitality House" area this time. I was wondering if there is any type of shuttle from the more far flung areas of OKW that would bring you to the main building to get on the bus the morning of the race? I know there are internal shuttle busses that run, but I wasn't sure if they run at that time (3:30 AM ish) I mean, I guess we could walk but at that God awful time of the morning, I don't want to have to leave the room any earlier than necessary!

we are at OKW now (doing a 2 week stay here!) and are in building 28. it is not considered hospitality house section but basically two buildings over. takes a couple minutes to walk to the main bus stop there. when you go, ask for buildings 27, 28, or 29 and it will be an easy walk for you. i will be at okw for princess and plan on asking for one of those buildings. fingers crossed it goes through. enjoy!

Thanks to everyone on this thread - especially Coach Charles - for the tips and advice. It was appreciated!

I've had good success with room requests when doing on-line check-in. You can request close to the lobby or always call about 7-10 days ahead and ask you be put as close to the main lobby as possible.

we are at OKW now (doing a 2 week stay here!) and are in building 28. it is not considered hospitality house section but basically two buildings over. takes a couple minutes to walk to the main bus stop there. when you go, ask for buildings 27, 28, or 29 and it will be an easy walk for you. i will be at okw for princess and plan on asking for one of those buildings. fingers crossed it goes through. enjoy!

thank you both. I did online check in and requested "Peninsular Rd area" as well as "near transportation". We are planning on arriving to the resort @ 10:30 AM as long as there's no delays, so hopefully we will be able to get a room somewhat closer to HH. I knew OKW was big, but didn't really appreciate how big and spread out it is until we were there last week, and didn't even think about getting to the race bus that early from a far away room! UGH!

we stayed on miller road. we were closer to the miller road stop, but we just walked each morning to the hospitality house to catch the race buses there. (i dont know if internal buses were running that early?)

it was a short walk, we times it less than 5 min.

good luck!

we stayed on miller road. we were closer to the miller road stop, but we just walked each morning to the hospitality house to catch the race buses there. (i dont know if internal buses were running that early?)

it was a short walk, we times it less than 5 min.

good luck!

oh that's much shorter then I thought! thanks!

Were runners able to ride Everest?

I know I went through AK very early but I heard some rumblings that runners were aloud on..

I got there with a group right around 9am. They let us all through the single rider line and we were allowed to get right on.

At the point where you're inside the mountain and transition from going backward to going forward again the ride stopped for about 30 seconds and I thought we were going to get stuck. That would have been a horrible/memorable way to get swept from the Dopey Challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter