OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

I'm in for the Dopey.

CamandJacksMom - The registration link is on page 21ish of this thread...

Look for the active.com link someone posted...

registered DH & I this morning with the DVC discount - came up on our confirmation email as 1/11..Called Active and after being on hold forever, told me to call runDisney. Called them and they said there was some glitch on Active's end, but that as long as our confirmation says 10K, we're good. Kind of nervous, though, as its our first time participating in the Marathon weekend. Don't want to get down there and be told we're not registered....:confused:

I’m officially Dopey! :banana: :faint: :banana:
Now to try and get a better time to submit. First up… a half in June.
Wish me luck I’ll need it… :rotfl2:

registered DH & I this morning with the DVC discount - came up on our confirmation email as 1/11..Called Active and after being on hold forever, told me to call runDisney. Called them and they said there was some glitch on Active's end, but that as long as our confirmation says 10K, we're good. Kind of nervous, though, as its our first time participating in the Marathon weekend. Don't want to get down there and be told we're not registered....:confused:

Mine said the same thing...

Amanda

I resisted the urge to be Dopey and "just" registered for the 10k and the full. I really want to get my full marathon time down and I know I won't be able to do that if I run the other races, too.

I won't say that I'm not a bit jealous of the Dopey people though.... :rolleyes1

Amanda

A word of GREAT advice... Keep your emailed receipt. As we approach marathon weekend, there will be a buzz about race numbers, waivers, corral placement, etc. If at that time you do not/cannot find your waiver and bib number through runDisney, then you need to start calling runDisney.

Many will find as they use the Visa discount entry or come in through a charity that they cannot confirm their entries online through the runDisnay confirmation link. This is due to the fact that each discount and alternative entry path has a separate and unique Active account with Disney. That is their way of keeping things straight and how they are able to open entries to various groups at differing times.

In for Dopey, as is DH (DEA). Feeling a little insane, especially as I registered within an hour of a 10-mile run this morning - third-to-last long run before the Nike Women's Half at the end of the month! I can't wait to see what the Galloway plan looks like for Dopey; I have a feeling my whole preparation strategy will be different for this set of races. Oh my heck. What have I done?!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm assuming it'll be similar to that, too - I went Donald in January for my first half, so the biiiiig training plans are entirely new to me. We're going on an adventure!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm positively Dopey.

And absolutely ecstatic.

You know, for now while I'm still doing the mileage necessary for a 1/2 marathon not a 5k/10k/half/full. Then I'll just be the 8th dwarf--b^tchy.

Now its official - I'm registered for the Dopey! Wasn't expecting to bd able to sign up until next week.

So excited!

Oddball question: how are bib numbers assigned? Is it order of entry? Estimated finish time?

Oddball question: how are bib numbers assigned? Is it order of entry? Estimated finish time?

They are based on corral, which are general based on finish time. For Marathon weekend, the first number indicated which race the person was doing, and then it was numerical based on corrals. You could figure out corral based on the bib number. The only pseudo exception that sometimes throws people off is races with teams, such as the Princess. In that case, the first number indicates that it is a team, so the number may seem much larger than the others. Corral is still based on estimated finish time.

Second post after lurking for 6 years (is that some kind of record?)…I'm in for the Dopey Inaugural! Pumped! :woohoo:

They are based on corral, which are general based on finish time. For Marathon weekend, the first number indicated which race the person was doing, and then it was numerical based on corrals. You could figure out corral based on the bib number. The only pseudo exception that sometimes throws people off is races with teams, such as the Princess. In that case, the first number indicates that it is a team, so the number may seem much larger than the others. Corral is still based on estimated finish time.

Cool - thanks for the explanation.

Just was able to register with the Disney Visa discount...still the first 4 digits of your card number. Yay! I'm in for the half!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter