Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

I'm in for at least the marathon. It will be my first marathon so I don't know if I want to focus on that or try Goofy. DS might be doing it with me!! He's never done a race before but plays soccer so he should have the endurance for a marathon. ;)

I can't believe I'm booking our BWV room this week! Yeah!!!:cool1::banana:

I'm running at least the Goofy and probably the Dopey. My children have declared that they want to run the 5k and/or 10k (my oldest will be 10 and wants to do both the 5k and the 10k and the younger 2 children want to do the 5k). I will obviously have to run the 5k and 10k with them so that will make me have to run Dopey.... :rotfl2:

Amanda

Thought about that but at what year are they actually going to acknowledge someone as being perfectly Dopey? I would guess it would be 5 years at best and I don't plan on running marathons that much longer.

5 years? 10 years? :confused3

At 63.5yo and having done my first official Dopey, after 3 unofficial ones, my feeling is that I'll keep at it as long as I can to prove to myself that I am still alive. :rotfl: Plus, it is a time when I have no reservations regarding the consumption of some bad :rolleyes: sweet stuff.

McFlurry John

DH and I are in just not sure what we will be running in.

I have done goofy once, unofficial Dopey once, marathon once and the half numberous times. DH is only willing to commit to the half and I might as well in 2015 so that we can actually still make a vacation out of it and not get up at stupid disney o'clock :) We do however plan on cheer teaming for the full. Plus I like the idea of being done by Sat morning but will definately have bling envy

Kim

Just booked our weekend accommodations...booked Friday to Monday in case we decide to do Goofy instead of just the marathon.

Hi everyone! The husband and I are planning on doing the marathon. Hubs may also make it a Goofy, and I want to do the 10k to get a Minnie medal to go along with my Mickey from the marathon.

Does anyone know when they are updating the race weekend website to reflect 2015? I noticed the Wine & Dine Half page (from Nov 2013) still hasn't been updated, so I guess that doesn't bode well for the full page being done anytime soon.

But I'm impatient! The Type A OCD control freak in me really needs to see the right dates :D.

I was planning to skip 2015 and plan on 2016 when my DH would run his first full with me. That was until I got a rD survey which had the following question...

We are considering hosting a special post-race cruise aboard Disney Cruise Line® for runners and their families next year. Guests can rest, relax, and recover while enjoying stops in Bahamian or Caribbean ports of call, including Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island. Special post-marathon programs and events will be included onboard.

If this cruise was offered, how interested would you be in sailing?

Definitely would be interested

Probably would be interested

May or may not be interested

Probably would not be interested

Definitely would not be interested

Needless to say I clicked on definitely. Run Disney sure knows the way to my pocketbook.:rolleyes1

I was planning to skip 2015 and plan on 2016 when my DH would run his first full with me. That was until I got a rD survey which had the following question...

We are considering hosting a special post-race cruise aboard Disney Cruise Line® for runners and their families next year. Guests can rest, relax, and recover while enjoying stops in Bahamian or Caribbean ports of call, including Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island. Special post-marathon programs and events will be included onboard.

Needless to say I clicked on definitely. Run Disney sure knows the way to my pocketbook.:rolleyes1

Why does Disney have to do things like this??? I think if they did this it would sell out super fast.

We pretty much decided we are going back and I am going to do Dopey. We were thinking of doing a cruise before marathon weekend since that worked out better for us. However, looking at the costs we decided against it and just spend a week on property. Now if they add this option and if the deal is good enough, our plans might change again.

:sick: I hope A)that this doesn't happen, or B)if it does, it's not a great deal. I am having a hard enough time justifying just coming down for a long weekend to do Goofy, I can't handle these temptations!!

The dates for marathon weekend are Jan 8-11. :)

LOL, I mean I know when the race is (I even already have my accommodations booked), I need the dates to be on the website! Clearly Disney is not concerned with my issues :rolleyes:.

LOL, I mean I know when the race is (I even already have my accommodations booked), I need the dates to be on the website! Clearly Disney is not concerned with my issues :rolleyes:.

runDisney's email today about the ToT shows marathon weekend as Jan 7-11. Registration opening in April. Isn't that official enough?

I am trying to get back into running, doing C25K right now. I also may be going to WDW in January 2014. I see a Disney run in my future....

Probably the half marathon, or 10k, depending on how my training goes. I like the idea of a Minnie themed race but would really like to do a half. (And some day a marathon, but I will not be ready for that in 11 months.)

I am trying to get back into running, doing C25K right now. I also may be going to WDW in January 2014. I see a Disney run in my future....

Probably the half marathon, or 10k, depending on how my training goes. I like the idea of a Minnie themed race but would really like to do a half. (And some day a marathon, but I will not be ready for that in 11 months.)

I hope you get to do one of the races in Jan, they are so much fun!

I trained for a marathon in 11 months, so it is definitely possible! I was an on and off runner before, but I never did more than 3-4 miles (with lots of walking). I started with the C25k, then moved right in to the 10k program. I really wasn't very good at the 10k program. I could do the distance, but I couldn't run the entire running segments without walking.

The 10k program ended about 2 weeks before Galloway's marathon training program began, so I jumped right into that. I actually skipped the first 2 weeks or so because I was already up to 6 miles. The run/walk/run method that Galloway promotes is really what made me start to enjoy running. I always tried too hard to run a certain distance without stopping (i.e. the 10k program) and I would just get frustrated and too worn out to continue. Once I accepted that I didn't need to run it all, it became much easier!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my experience in. I really love the half-marathon distance and will continue to do those for as long as I can.

Count me in for the 1/2!! This will be my 2nd and a first for my husband! My teen daughter will be doing the 10K with me too. Already booked our room! I can't wait!!

I haven't heard about this. Is there a rumor going around about some kind of marathon weekend/DCL cruise tie-in?

I posted a question I received on a rD survey about marathon weekend. It asked about interest in a tie-in cruise after marathon weekend. I have no idea if they are actually planning on offering it or not... I just posted the question.:)

I hope you get to do one of the races in Jan, they are so much fun!

I trained for a marathon in 11 months, so it is definitely possible! I was an on and off runner before, but I never did more than 3-4 miles (with lots of walking). I started with the C25k, then moved right in to the 10k program. I really wasn't very good at the 10k program. I could do the distance, but I couldn't run the entire running segments without walking.

The 10k program ended about 2 weeks before Galloway's marathon training program began, so I jumped right into that. I actually skipped the first 2 weeks or so because I was already up to 6 miles. The run/walk/run method that Galloway promotes is really what made me start to enjoy running. I always tried too hard to run a certain distance without stopping (i.e. the 10k program) and I would just get frustrated and too worn out to continue. Once I accepted that I didn't need to run it all, it became much easier!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my experience in. I really love the half-marathon distance and will continue to do those for as long as I can.
That is amazing that you got to a marathon in 11 months! Thanks for sharing. I will have to see where to take it after I finish the C25K but I will check out Jeff Galloway's programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter