• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

Question : Picked up my DDD bib and expected to be given a C2C wristband. They told me to go to runners relations. I did Princess this year . The lady at relations desk said seeing I ran Tinker bell and used Princess already I would have to run a different race in Florida to qualify for the blue C2C. So I guess what she is telling me is run the Disneyland Half and I have to go back to Florida to get the blue C2C. Was a mistaken when I read the C2C page on RD that you could use the same race for multiple challenges ?

I have experienced many a crazy days at WDW, but nothing like the insanity of this crowd lining up for the parade and fireworks tonight. I thought two hours would be enough time and I had to carve out my spot!

I have experienced many a crazy days at WDW, but nothing like the insanity of this crowd lining up for the parade and fireworks tonight. I thought two hours would be enough time and I had to carve out my spot!

Hopefully they won't cancel the fireworks on you tonight like they did on us last night! It's pretty windy again, though. And yes it was crazy like you described last night too. It's nuts over here at World of Color too.

Question : Picked up my DDD bib and expected to be given a C2C wristband. They told me to go to runners relations. I did Princess this year . The lady at relations desk said seeing I ran Tinker bell and used Princess already I would have to run a different race in Florida to qualify for the blue C2C. So I guess what she is telling me is run the Disneyland Half and I have to go back to Florida to get the blue C2C. Was a mistaken when I read the C2C page on RD that you could use the same race for multiple challenges ?

I'd go back tomorrow and talk to someone different, preferably a manager. What you were told contradicts what's on the website:

• The same race CAN BE USED for multiple Challenges.
    • Participate in a Star Wars Half Marathon at the Disneyland® Resort and a Disney's Princess Half Marathon at the Walt Disney World® Resort, you will receive the runDisney Coast to Coast Commemorative Medal. If, in addition, you complete the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at the Disneyland® Resort, you will also receive the Pink Edition of the runDisney Coast to Coast Medal.

I'm confused...you ran Tinker and Princess and didn't get a BLUE C2C? You should have received BOTH the Pink medal and the BLUE C2C at the second race. You should not be receiving a second Blue C2C here - and if you never got your first one then that's the problem. Technically the only C2C is the BLUE one...the pink one is a CHALLENGE medal for doing tink/princess - which is why I say you should have already received it.

This also applies for people that did the Star Wars races only - the light side and dark side. When then completed the 2nd one, without doing any other races, they got both the Kessel Run and the Blue C2C.

All of my info is based on a conversation with run disney while at the star wars darkside this year.

Hopefully they won't cancel the fireworks on you tonight like they did on us last night! It's pretty windy again, though. And yes it was crazy like you described last night too. It's nuts over here at World of Color too.

I, luckily, have a reservation for the dessert party for World of Color Sunday.

In line right now for the 10k and I am having such a blast! Everyone has such amazing running costumes. :)

Sadly I'm also listening to the people complaining about the corral set up. I am in corral E, which is in the back near some last chance porta potties. It's making the wait very entertaining. :P

If anyone else is in corral E come find the girl dressed as hulk.

In line right now for the 10k and I am having such a blast! Everyone has such amazing running costumes. :)

Sadly I'm also listening to the people complaining about the corral set up. I am in corral E, which is in the back near some last chance porta potties. It's making the wait very entertaining. :P

If anyone else is in corral E come find the girl dressed as hulk.
Just got to E

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the races! Wish I could be there!
I was wondering if anyone going to the expo today could snap a pic of the back of the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge Medal?
I'm dying to know what stone is there! I haven't seen any pics of it here or instagram.
Thanks in advance!

Not running this weekend, but I also did Princess and Tink and received both the blue and pink C2C medals (and wristbands) at Tink. You should have as well. You might want to talk to them again!

That was, yet again, fun! I was at the front of E and didn't see anyone - but I'm sure y'all passed me. ;) currently soaking in an Epsom bath.

(Well, for some reason, I have the only room w/out a bathtub, so I have a glad garbage bag from home (I have no idea why I packed it lol) and its in the garbage can filled with hot water and Epsom salts. One foot at a time to soak. Rinse, repeat.)

Hope the liquid sunshine you've got there brightens your day and the half goes better for you tomorrow!

Thanks! My dislike for the 10K is all on me. I ran with my water belt because I knew there wouldn't be a water stop until after Mile 2. I should've checked for med stops. I got a cramp in my calf that went from slightly annoying to downright "I want to die" as the race drug on, even after stopping to try to work it out multiple times. And then my hip decided to act like a jerk. So, by the time we hit the parks, I was completely out of the BioFreeze packets is stashed in my water belt.

But I certainly wasn't expecting the only med table to be past Mile 5. Of course, after I slathered BioFreeze ALL over myself, I felt like a new Keels.

Lesson learned. Trip to CVS this afternoon scheduled.

Thanks! My dislike for the 10K is all on me. I ran with my water belt because I knew there wouldn't be a water stop until after Mile 2. I should've checked for med stops. I got a cramp in my calf that went from slightly annoying to downright "I want to die" as the race drug on, even after stopping to try to work it out multiple times. And then my hip decided to act like a jerk. So, by the time we hit the parks, I was completely out of the BioFreeze packets is stashed in my water belt.

But I certainly wasn't expecting the only med table to be past Mile 5. Of course, after I slathered BioFreeze ALL over myself, I felt like a new Keels.

Lesson learned. Trip to CVS this afternoon scheduled.

Does NOT sound like fun at all! I was lucky that the combo of "taking it easy" in the parks (I tried, honest) and the compression sock I found with Achilles support tamed my tendinopathy for the 10k. What you need to do is find one of those Chewbacca bowcaster bandoliers to wear racing. You can stock it with a huge supply of BioFreeze and be your own portable med station! The Red Cross Wookie!

I hope everyone had a great race today! I'm very impressed with the photopass pictures that have popped into my app so far. I don't look like I'm going to die like I always do in the marathon photo ones lol. I think the lighting they had set up really helps... Or they photoshop all of us to make us feel better.

For the challenge, were we suppose to have checked in at all? A runDisney official said it was just tomorrow only - I didn't see anywhere for us to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter