• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

For the challenge, were we suppose to have checked in at all? A runDisney official said it was just tomorrow only - I didn't see anywhere for us to go.

I don't think we needed to do anything today. The Challenge tent was totally empty when I came through the chute. At SWDS there was no post-10k check-in. After the 1/2 you just walked up and they pulled your bib info up on a laptop and passed you through if all checked out. It took less than 30 seconds. My guess is that they pull your 10k time and a pic of you in the bib during the 10k to confirm it was you running it (along with your expo pic).

Anyone else have luck - I'd like to head back to Solutions before they close in case.
If it's like last year and other Challenges you only check in after the half! Ignore the wording in the booklet.

Good job everyone that ran yesterday & today, I've been stalking instagram/twitter/facebook for pictures! Good luck at the half tomorrow!

Okay great. Somehow my bib didn't register the 5K split (i went through with a large group, on the right side) - but it grabbed the official finishtime at least. I have pictures to show I was on the course though!

Ready to do this thing tomorrow. Bringing my own water because I ran into a situation like Keels - two water stations wasn't enough.

I hope everyone had a more enjoyable 10K than me today!!

Highlight? Definitely meeting @Mickey Momma after the race for a swag handoff. She is so bright and sunshiney, just chatting with her for a minute completely turned my day around!

But really though - only one med table and it was at Mile 5? Shame on you, RunDisney. Shame.

You are too sweet! I was definitely feeling my runner's high. Meeting you made it better. (I was going to say "higher," but yeah.)

Don't stress about check-in for the Challenge. Just go to the tent tomorrow and head for the people with the laptops - they'll see you coming, type your bib number in and after a few seconds tell you congrats and to go get your medal!

I actually looked at the screen after PDC - it's just your picture from the expo and your finish time from the 10K. That's all! As long as you aren't on the SAG list, you're golden!

I would encourage anyone wanting pictures with the DDD backdrop to make room in a pocket or belt for your 10k medal, if you so choose. This will be the only chance you have to take a photo with all three medals with the DDD background where you can have the DDD Finisher effects applied via PhotoPass.

My BFF was swept at mile 4. She said a whole bunch got swept in that group. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there were other sweeps?

My BFF was swept at mile 4. She said a whole bunch got swept in that group. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there were other sweeps?

DL doesn't have Parade Busses for the sweep like WDW, but they do have cyclists with flags set up on certain parts of the course. Mile 4 was backstage, so I imagine that was one of the last ones. There definitely was a setup for a sweep before the first water station at around 2.2 today.

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the races! Wish I could be there!
I was wondering if anyone going to the expo today could snap a pic of the back of the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge Medal?
I'm dying to know what stone is there! I haven't seen any pics of it here or instagram.
Thanks in advance!

Did not snap a pic, but the one they had on display had the blue mind stone.

Okay great. Somehow my bib didn't register the 5K split (i went through with a large group, on the right side) - but it grabbed the official finishtime at least. I have pictures to show I was on the course though!

Ready to do this thing tomorrow. Bringing my own water because I ran into a situation like Keels - two water stations wasn't enough.

I just looked up my time - I don't have a 5K split either lol oh well.

I'm incredibly nervous for tomorrow. Ugh. In the spirit of Dumbo: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Good luck everyone!

I had a pretty decent run today. The time wasn't great, but I waited in some long picture lines. And my first two miles were at the pace I wanted, even though my legs felt awful.

Also, I used Biofreeze today for the first time ever. Why haven't I done this before?! I stopped to get ice for my shin splints after the race and the med person recommended it. Wish I had known so many races ago.

I actually looked at the screen after PDC - it's just your picture from the expo and your finish time from the 10K. That's all! As long as you aren't on the SAG list, you're golden!

When I finished at PDC they weren't even bothering to check people's times. They saw the PDC bib and just gave you the medal. I thought it was so strange.

Well it sounds like I wasn't the only one confused or having problems with the 5K split (go team!) - glad to know others experienced the same things!

My outfit for tomorrow is ready to go and I'm just laying on the couch at the moment trying to let the advil go to work. My everything hurts - but it was so worth it and I can't wait to repeat the insanity tomorrow! :D

In light of today's fueling woes I have changed my fueling plan to carry some gatorade with me in my fuel belt to offset the water stations. And I'm also going to bring my 10K medal and pass between a few of us so we can take Keels' suggestion of having all the medals available. The medal picture for today turned out so cute that i want one of all the medals. Appreciate that tip!

Why is it I can never sleep on race night?? Everything is ready to go!!!!

It's very common to not be able to sleep well the night before a race. This is why you should always target the night before the night before to get a good night's rest. :)

Congrats to everyone who ran today! A friend is down there now and impressed with all the runners. He just snapped some photos of the runners on his way to the security lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter