"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I googled release dates for MNSSHP and I found this thread! Can't wait to see the dates. We are leaving for a Disney Cruise on 9/17 but we are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek starting 9/14. We are hoping to attend MNSSHP that week. How quickly do the tickets for the 1st party usually sell out? It looks like if we go, according to last year's dates, we might be at the first party.

Looking at the dates in Sept released so far, On sept 8 Thursday Magic Kingdom is closing at 7:00 does that mean there might be a Halloween party on nights that Magic Kingdom closes at 7:00?:chat:

Argh! Such is life, thanks for info.

Since no dates released yet, I have a strategy question. We will be in the World Sept 16-21st. Our most likely party options are Fri (arrival day), Sun, and Tues. I know Tues in years past have been the best days to go but last year the first two Tues parties sold out whereas the other days did not. I've already nixed that Fri, and leaning towards Sun but was curious with other people's opinions. Either way we are doing MK on Saturday no matter what (yes I know it's a busier day for MK but dates we are going it will be any day we pick MK, so picking the day that's best for sched).

Sun Party:
Sun-
Sleep in after MK day
Brunch
MNSHHP
Mon-
Break day/Blizzard Beach
Tues-
HS/AK

Tues Party:
Sun-
Break Day/Blizzard Beach
Mon-
HS/AK (AK EMH)
Tues-
Sleep in
MNSSHP

Unless I think Tues Party is going to be significantly slower it doesn't seem like Tues option makes sense, especially since we wouldn't take advantage of AK emh. We do JTA at HS so we need to go there first and then hop to AK in afternoon too(esp with AK night entertainment).

We went to the party last year on Halloween. Here's a couple of thoughts/pointers based on my experience:

• Dining - we made reservations for 3:15 or so at The Plaza for a late lunch/early dinner. That worked out pretty well as we didn't have to try to find a place to have dinner later. Note that if you plan on eating at MK or even the monorail restaurants during a Halloween party you should make reservations as soon as possible. The MK restaurants were completely booked for Halloween, as was The Wave.
  • Costumes - lots of people were in costumes, from really elaborate to more basic. Even with the ban on adult costumes you can probably do something that is costume-ish. For example, I wore a Captain America t-shirt (lots of Captain America's last Halloween) and socks. Pretty sure that would pass muster now.
  • The Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular was outstanding. I wasn't really looking forward to it but my daughter wanted to see it so we got a place fairly early for the first show and ended up staying for the second one and Hallowishes as well. If they have it again this year it is a must do.
  • Crowds were crazy for the parade and shows. Packed all along the parade route. The rides were largely walk-on except for 7 Dwarfs. Pirates broke while we were on it and took about 20 minutes to get off so that wasn't too cool.
  • Trick or treating lines were crazy long EXCEPT during the parade and Hocus Pocus show. You could walk right into the candy lines at that time.

I'm sure one of the delays in posting the dates for MNSSHP is due to the fact that Disney is focusing on rolling out their Animal Kingdom changes right now.

These changes include updates that will need to be made to the never- working-correctly MDE so maybe all their focus right now is on these big announcements since they all begin next month.

I'm sure one of the delays in posting the dates for MNSSHP is due to the fact that Disney is focusing on rolling out their Animal Kingdom changes right now.

These changes include updates that will need to be made to the never- working-correctly MDE so maybe all their focus right now is on these big announcements since they all begin next month.

:surfweb: Yes, I was just thinking along these lines. :confused3 Typically, MNSSHP & MVMCP dates have beed released in May. I guess nothing new was going on last year so released dates early. This year, there have been numerous roll-outs/NEWS for the Spring. So I'm guessing dates released late March or April. pixiedust:

If you check KennyThePirates Crowd Calendar for September, he has the projected MNSSHP dates, and his October calendar will be released next month. :cool1:

:surfweb: Yes, I was just thinking along these lines. :confused3 Typically, MNSSHP & MVMCP dates have beed released in May. I guess nothing new was going on last year so released dates early. This year, there have been numerous roll-outs/NEWS for the Spring. So I'm guessing dates released late March or April. pixiedust:

If you check KennyThePirates Crowd Calendar for September, he has the projected MNSSHP dates, and his October calendar will be released next month. :cool1:

For years, tickets have actually gone on sale by May 1st. Dates were always released well ahead of that.

Looking at the dates in Sept released so far, On sept 8 Thursday Magic Kingdom is closing at 7:00 does that mean there might be a Halloween party on nights that Magic Kingdom closes at 7:00?:chat:

I hope so. Thats the week we will be there.... I know the party has started this week in the past, so my fingers are crossed as we were hoping to be able to attend.

For years, tickets have actually gone on sale by May 1st. Dates were always released well ahead of that.

Thanks for info. My searches showed tickets on sale for May 5th in 2014, wdwmagic, with dates released just a few weeks before. Then last year tickets on sale April 8th with dates released February 24th.

Last edited:
Thanks for info. My searches showed tickets on sale for May 5th in 2014, wdwmagic, with dates released just a few weeks before. Then last year tickets on sale May 8th with dates released February 24th.
Dates were released on 2/25 last year, with tickets going on sale 4/8.

Hi. Are the projected dates for mnsshp on the crowd calendarfpr sept ? Or are you going by 7 pm closings at mk

So we are headed to Disney Sept 15-25. Would you plan to attend the Party on Sunday or Tuesday. We will be doing a "short" day at MK on the opposite day. I'm leaning towards party on Tuesday and MK on Sunday due to rest day scheduling but I can make the opposite work. I just don't want it to be crazy busy at MK on Sunday.

So we are headed to Disney Sept 15-25. Would you plan to attend the Party on Sunday or Tuesday. We will be doing a "short" day at MK on the opposite day. I'm leaning towards party on Tuesday and MK on Sunday due to rest day scheduling but I can make the opposite work. I just don't want it to be crazy busy at MK on Sunday.

I see some Thursdays thrown into the mix.
Wondering same thing going 9/28-4
Sun, Tues or Thursday

I make my ADR's on the 22nd of this month.... hurry up I need the dates!

Still hoping for a change on adult costumes. Last year we brought our costumes with us and around 5 pm we changed into them no problems. I hope they will be ok with that this year. (I can hope!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter